User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #16
Dave KLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Thanks everyone!

ah yes the editing. My research on editing hd vids was all over the place! I read people saying download this program or that program, convert this, convert that, you need to pay for this and that. Its sooo much more simple than all that now.

I got a little HP g72 laptop for xmas, not a super high end computer, I think it was under 500 bucks on black friday. I downloaded windows live movie maker from microsoft for free. Make sure its "windows live movie maker" and not windows movie maker, two different things. Once you download that and move the gopro clips from the card to the laptop its soo easy to add clips and cut them, add slo motion, music and titles. Not alot of fancy effects but enough to get a simple little movie out without a headache. Took me about two hours from start to finish with no other programs used.

The camera is ran on r3 mode which is 720 @60fps so the camera can get even sharper but like i said its my first movie and i just wanted to make something. I hope to improve with each one! :)
Dave KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
JG55
Almost Normal

Oddometer: 145
Nice work
JG55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Thanks for the info on the editing software! Great first video and can't wait to see more.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #19
walrond
Earth Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave KLR View Post
Thanks everyone!

ah yes the editing. My research on editing hd vids was all over the place! I read people saying download this program or that program, convert this, convert that, you need to pay for this and that. Its sooo much more simple than all that now.

I got a little HP g72 laptop for xmas, not a super high end computer, I think it was under 500 bucks on black friday. I downloaded windows live movie maker from microsoft for free. Make sure its "windows live movie maker" and not windows movie maker, two different things. Once you download that and move the gopro clips from the card to the laptop its soo easy to add clips and cut them, add slo motion, music and titles. Not alot of fancy effects but enough to get a simple little movie out without a headache. Took me about two hours from start to finish with no other programs used.

The camera is ran on r3 mode which is 720 @60fps so the camera can get even sharper but like i said its my first movie and i just wanted to make something. I hope to improve with each one! :)
Thank you for the insight! I tried "Windows Movie Maker" and it didn't even recognize the format of the video. I have been messing around with the Sony Vegas Video demo and while it does a ton of stuff it is not the most user friendly software for a complete noob. I was totally unaware of the Windows Live Movie Maker. If it is compatible with XP I will give it a shot. Thanks for the info and great job of editing the video.

My wife was watching over my shoulder and said, "now that is the type of riding I would like to do!".
Old 01-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
Dave KLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrond View Post
Thank you for the insight! I tried "Windows Movie Maker" and it didn't even recognize the format of the video. I have been messing around with the Sony Vegas Video demo and while it does a ton of stuff it is not the most user friendly software for a complete noob. I was totally unaware of the Windows Live Movie Maker. If it is compatible with XP I will give it a shot. Thanks for the info and great job of editing the video.

My wife was watching over my shoulder and said, "now that is the type of riding I would like to do!".
I think i read somwhere that it was not compatible with xp. I'm using windows 7 home.

thank you all for the compliments!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
tommymerle
advwanabee

Oddometer: 342
thanks

thanks Dave, 3 feet of snow up here so it will be awhile till I can fall off like that
t
tommymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #22
lstuckey1
Ret. Pro Bench Racer

Oddometer: 96
Great video! Thanks for sharing it. Them little logs are sonsabitches!
lstuckey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,821
great video and FINALLY someone has good taste in music on their vids!

i have GoPro HD and leave it on the setting you have.

60 frames per second at 720p is good for fast moving moto vids.

i don't think you really need to go to 1080p but of course, it would be that much clearer. it would just take A LOT of battery and memory.

i have two 32GB cards and two batteries i carry with me on rides and i ALWAYS go through the two batteries. i usually use one 32GB card per day, so two day rides i need the extra card.

as far as editing, i use a Mac, which comes with "iMovie". it's got all types of goodies to play around with and the more you do it, the better and more creative you get.

i look forward to more vids!!!

RAZR screwed with this post 01-06-2011 at 07:10 PM
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
el tortuga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Nicely done.
Although I have practically no experience in video editing I like the idea of videos. As soon as I buy a decent camera I'm planning on concentrating on videos for my rides.
I hate typing.

In the meantime ...

jeff

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
el tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #25
xKLR_John
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Nice vid!

Those less than 5mph, I'll-just-ease-over-this-log crashes crack me up. I've BTDT... Nothing like a slick log to wake you up.
xKLR_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #26
Dave KLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks guys! I enjoyed making it, and looking forward to learning more edits and better video techniques! also improving my riding hahaha
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
nadolski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Nice Video

Great video and looks like a nice place to ride to. What is band is the music by?
nadolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadolski View Post
Great video and looks like a nice place to ride to. What is band is the music by?

Modest Mouse
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #29
Dustydude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
great stuff. and thanks for the editing tips. I was looking @ Adobe movie and other ones....seems the free version is the way to go!
Dustydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #30
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
great video
awesome stuff
loves DASHBOARD, as well....
thanks for sharing
can't wait to see more
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote