User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #16
GKChege
n00b

Oddometer: 5
XT Rider

Hey guys, great to know there are some riders coming up into a group for adventure. I have joined two different groups on my XT660X and they are both different (one for racers, another for closer to adventure riders).

I want to ride to SA - or at least to Vic falls very soon. Problem is I don't seem to find any people who want to do a long ride. Loiyangalani would be great, but I haven't got the Africa Twin yet and the XTX won't make it that far North.

Stay in touch guys, let's do a serious ride soon - especially if anyone is interested in a long haul, let's chat. 0722 614589
GKChege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #17
.357Magnum
n00b

Oddometer: 7
im planning on doing a ride to mombasa and back in the next few weeks hoping i'll get leave off work. dates will be aroung 27th or 28th may, back by 1st or 2nd june... i'll be going solo so any additional riders are most welcomed! let me know!
.357Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Good to see other advriders out here. I'm up in Nanyuki with my WR250R (http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4674-an-african-wrrDrop us a pm if your in the area of fancy an explore.
John
RedBallRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Wink

It's not a bad country to bike in , is it?

RedBallRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
sonnymotox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
A sad event

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...368#post341726
please read, any one had any bad experiences there at anytime?
I just had minor ones twice, been there 5 times
sonnymotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #21
Osadabwa
Don't be Surprised

Oddometer: 195
Thumb Neighbours: Dar es Salaam

Hey Kenyans,

There are a bunch of bikers in Dar who have crisscrossed this country's backroads and off-the-beaten tracks. Some of these have been recorded on GPS, and they've been photographed and jawed about in ride reports (see sig line). If you're riding South sometime, give me a shout. We recently went around Kili and had a hell of a good time. It was fabulous on the scramblers (400 - 525s) but good long chunks would have been great for the bigger thumpers too (650s - 990s). We're happy to share tracks...

I'm always trying to convince the guys to organize a trip to Kenya. I rode all over Kenya on a Dakar in 2003/4, but would really enjoy going back on my smaller XR 400 for the little tracks, sand and stones... especially with inside biker knowledge to guide me. Maybe we could put together a bike trip exchange or something...

A few pics from my 2003/04 adventure... couldn't resist. I loved riding in Kenya!

Above: Marsabit-Mooyale road in the rainy season...slippery; Dakar sliding down a hill in the tea estates somewhere; Portrait of Mama Lois - just over the Ngong hills; Evening approaching South Horr

Cheers
I used to have a link to my African rides in my signature line, but every time I check it doesn't work. So, if you want to see Kilimanjaro, the Kilombero Valley, a bunch of short trips around Dar and another long one to Mozambique: go to my profile.
Osadabwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
acrossafrica
Ride Safe - Kenya

Oddometer: 47
Wicked MotoADVKenya

Guys,

Check this out we have this setup going - www.motoadvkenya.com and on Facebook\motoadvkenya - though still in its infancy we are trying to make ADV riding a staple in EAfrica. For rentals we do have your GS,and KTM thumpers as wells as KLRs - and riding, camping gear and well as a support vehicle and Mechanic.

As a first maybe an exchange of contacts (emails or phone numbers) would be a start then we could network from there and plan something soon. My number 0701029589 - thanks
Attached Images

acrossafrica screwed with this post 08-05-2011 at 09:32 AM Reason: adding Photos
acrossafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #23
SA Ranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Kenya is one rocking place to ride Damm that fesh fesh road running alongside the Isiyola, Marsbit, Monyale road is hectic. gotta be one of the African greats and gotta be done before its tared.
SA Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #24
mennleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Local

i lived in nairobi and had lots of good rides in Rift and around mount kenya. i am now local in entebbe uganda. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post16665630

we will be to Nairobi for the concourse at end of september with uganda bikers association.
Attached Images

mennleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #25
Pombe
Mzee

Oddometer: 41
I live in South Africa but often ride to East Afric. It is good to know that I can get support from fellow riders. Let's keep this thread alive. http://mzee-jaki.blogspot.com/2009_10_25_archive.html
Old 08-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #26
mennleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
we have several that would like to do the SA trip. when will you be this way next?
mennleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #27
titbird
motorcycle crazy

Oddometer: 49
Hi Kenya!

Where do you guys get your tyres from? I'm passing through Kenya on the way up from South Africa next year and it would be very usefull to pick up a tyre in Kenya as it's halfway. That would save me hauling an extra tyre for thousands of km. I would need a 130/80 17 knobbly.
Any of you guys been on the Turkana route recently?

www.tony-ontheroad.blogspot.com
titbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #28
OneGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Guys,

Looking for rides within Kenya too. We really should set up a short ride one of these weekends.
Count me in!

OneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
.357Magnum
n00b

Titbird,

there is a guy here in nairobi called Chris Handschuh, he usually stocks tyres and stuff. Mostly he has VeeRubber. number is 0722752865...

Also ian duncan has...he usually stocks Pirelli MT21 and metzeler... ianduncan@africaonline.co.ke
Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #30
.357Magnum
n00b

Tyre change

just be ready to improvize a jack incase u dont have one.... thats me changing my tyre this last weekend! Took 3 people and 4 hours to get it done! not to mention cut fingers and aching arms!
Attached Images