ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #61
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,128
Awesome, thanks. I will do my best to use these this coming riding season.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #62
bash3r OP
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Is there an annual group ride of any kind on this trail ?
No there's no group rides for these.. the TMOT and TART are great trails to plan trips on.. allowing for more options of good riding even here in the center of the US!

Adventure Tshirts | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #63
MetalHeadT
2000 DRZ400E

Oddometer: 19
This is SWEET. i live in Jefferson City and just got a KLR 650 I am registering it this spring and can't wait to get out and hot some trails. Nice work!
MetalHeadT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #64
bash3r OP
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadT View Post
This is SWEET. i live in Jefferson City and just got a KLR 650 I am registering it this spring and can't wait to get out and hot some trails. Nice work!
Thanks! There's sooo much good riding here in Missouri... and I can't wait for spring myself!

Take care...

Bash

Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #65
MetalHeadT
2000 DRZ400E

Thanks for the gpx files guys these work really well with my Delorme TOPO. Looks like some great routes aside from the "angry land owner" lol
Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #66
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,128
Where did you get these gpx files? I too have a delorme, but I use easy gps to put them in the gps.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #67
MetalHeadT
2000 DRZ400E

They are in this thread if you go back through the posts they were added as attachments.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #68
Britsabroad
Banned

Oddometer: 203
Eh? Hi from a Brit in Springfield!

Just to introduce myself, I'm from Northern England, I'm now 60yrs old,(but still thinkin' I'm half that age!)
I live in Springfield, I've been a biker all my life in various forms.(as kids we had an old AJS 350 single to play
around on, then I went Honda,Honda,Honda streetbikes, the VFR800 being my all time favourite! Then went to live in 'Vegas, so tried the cruiser route...not for me!...then DR650, ...OK, but more street orientated....then DRZ400...now we're talkin;!, coz the rugged terrain around Vegas can be a handful, then came to Marshfield, tried trials riding....again, not for me, & now.....my Utopia has been found, a 2009 KLR650 in black with luggage!)

I'm up for riding basically anywhere, anytime, but weekends usually involve my biker GF, but she's sociable (fer a female!!!)

PM me, phone me, 224-0336, or ignore me,
Later,
Mick.
Britsabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #69
dsawyer879
n00b

Oddometer: 1
help

I'm new to this whole thing and would like some direction on finding and riding some adventure rides.I assume its better to ride with someone else to keep it safe?? I live in Chesterfield MO and would like some suggestions.
Thanks!
dsawyer879
dsawyer879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #70
bash3r OP
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawyer879 View Post
I'm new to this whole thing and would like some direction on finding and riding some adventure rides.I assume its better to ride with someone else to keep it safe?? I live in Chesterfield MO and would like some suggestions.
Thanks!
dsawyer879
Hey there.. we'll you are in the right place.. head over to our Missouri thread here and this is where you'll meet all the local adv'rs and most guys ride every weekend.. !! Welcome!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #71
geno_rocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawyer879 View Post
Thanks!
dsawyer879
As a fellow Chesterfieldian (if that is a word), welcome. it is good to have someone in the neighborhood. I'm always interested in finding a riding partner for the back road excursions. Now if I can find time to get the KLX running..... but that is another story.
geno_rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #72
stefer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
I have to bookmark this thread. Great stuff. I might also have to buy a GPS or Android or something.

Also I found the website dualsportmaps.com from this thread. Excellent website. Just what I was looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ancient Proverb
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
stefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #73
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 402
What is the dirt/pavement split for the TMOT?

Thanks.
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #74
bash3r OP
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Pistolship View Post
What is the dirt/pavement split for the TMOT?

Thanks.
I'd say its a good 70% gravel/dirt country roads. There are some stretches of pavement just to keep the miles/time down. I could always add more dirt and if you need less dirt to make up time, there's plenty of major hwys to help there.

When you get North of St. Clair its mostly paved.. but not knowing if you want to go east towards the city of St. Louis or west away from it.. that's the factor. Typically I go west from Washington, MO then north to some really good riding for this area of Missouri. A lot of fantastic creek roads...

I still need to ride the northern part of the Missouri plains, north of I-70 up towards IA or IL/IA borders. It gets pretty flat in the plains area.. guess that's why I haven't made it up that way?!

If you are looking for a specific route through the state just let me know..

I've made a few slight modifications to the route, so please download the latest from the first post of this thread.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #75
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 402
[QUOTE=bash3r;20814774]I'd say its a good 70% gravel/dirt country roads...QUOTE]

Thanks Bash3r. I'm planning a Maine/San Diego/Seattle/SE Idaho dirt trip for this summer and am piecing toghether bits of the TET, TAT, PCQ, and TOI to make it work. So far my biggest gap in gpx files is from Moab to Las Vegas, so if you have anything there that would be most apprecieated. I plan on using TAT stuff from OK to Moab, UT, but if you have other tracks in mind for OK through Moab I would be interested. I have some more questions for you, but I'll have to pm you some time tomorrow because I am pretty busy at the moment.

I did download the latest version of the TMOT. It looks great, and I love that it hooks up to the OTC version of the TET. That means I have from Maine through MO ready to go. And yes, I would be interested in some of those creek trails.

Anyway, I'll pm you later.

Thanks.
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote