Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Ok, did some long research and that this company did the best for what I was looking for. So I emailed them some questions, wow a few minutes later I received a email with my answers ! So then I called and ask a few more questions, wow they really do customize your seat to your back end! so I will do a full report when I get it back!
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 947
I had Fisher make a seat for my Husaberg... great communication (Nate made sure they made what I wanted), quick turnaround, and it's comfortable. Plus, it looks pretty cool. Time will tell, regarding durability; but so far, I'm impressed.
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Oddometer: 70
We aim to impress. Thanks for the feedback. We look forward to a full report Jug. My full reports through school required graphics, so lets see a pic as well. Preferably a cool scenic one like you see here on advrider all the time. We've sat on other seats like Lonster has, so you might just make someones day when they find out what they've been missing from reading your post. Thanks to all those who've left feedback so far.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #19
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

ok I'm not just a little impressed I'm well no words to describe my butt has on this seat! Motorcycle manufacturing companies need to have you on auto dial! I have only rode down the road and back but the feel is terrific and the look gives my bike a major custom Baja machine! This was the best bang for my buck that I have spent on my bike.

Still can't get my pics downloaded!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

Here's a pic! Put 100 miles so far and I love it no more monkey butt!

The workmanship on my seat is unreal! These guys are super! I highly recommend them and they will get all my work!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Thanks RJ. We love feedback, especially when it rids the butt of monkeys. I know first hand how much more comfortable the 450x seat can be. It made all these rocks more bearable when standing up became an off the pegs keep the wheel spinning grind to the top. Thanks again for the photo and sharing your experience. Enjoy the new comfort.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Dr650

Is it possible to do a 12" wide seat and still lower it 2" and keep the nose narrow for reaching the ground at the front. Thanks Joe
Potosi Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Joe,

We do build 12" wide low DR650 seats. How low depends on your position on the seat among a few other factors. Here is an example of a 12" wide 1.5" low DR650 seat which is more common due to rider position. Email sent.

Nate

Old 11-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
Bigdog54
MX X-Over Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
I've got a 2001 XR400. With the extra width, do you find people tearing the cover when they drop the bike. I know it can happen at any moment but it looks like the extra width would make it more "prone" to damage?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

That would seem logical that a wider seat would be more susceptible to tears. We don't get any complaints of torn covers though. In my experience, the handlebars and side panels make contact with the ground. We don't even have scuffs on our own personal seats. This photo captured from my helmet cam kind of paints a picture. My bags are certainly holding the bike up and if there were a large sharp object where the seat is, I might have had a torn cover. Since our seats aren't extremely hard, the foam does give to pressure from all angles, which will allow the vinyl to flex as well. A better example might be the DR350 and KLX650c we have here that have had the same cover on for a full decade now, and they have definitely been down. Busted mirrors, busted turn signals, scuffed tanks/shrouds, scratched engine covers, among other uglies, but no torn seat. Maybe all of our customers are superb riders and don't tip over like myself, who knows.

I can tell you, riding around on a stock seat is not worth the fear of a potential increase in cover damage.

And if you're wondering what happened in the photo, my attempt at a climbing a rock shelf was unsuccessful. Fail.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
jecyammy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Got my Fisher Seat

Had to add a good word to all the others on the Fisher seat. I just got mine back today and haven’t yet put it on my WR250X (it’s hard to see the measurements from the ruler sitting on the seat, but it’s about 10 inches wide). Don’t know how it will feel long term, but propping it on a chair and sitting on it I can already tell it’s going to be very supportive, comfortable, and worlds better than the stock seat. The quality of workmanship, materials, fit, and finish is outstanding. Likewise the service and communication from Nate. A telephone conversation with Nate and the order form’s requested info about me and my riding habits resulted in a this-size-fits-me rather than a one-size-fits-all seat. Including shipping both ways from Arizona to Idaho, my seat was back in my hands two weeks after I sent it off. Price came in under $200 including shipping (they were able to save me $ by using my nearly-new original cover, plus added material). I have no basis for comparison to other aftermarket seats, but I don’t need to compare; for me, it passes a more important test – I feel like I got more than I paid for. If you’re looking for a custom seat, put Fisher on your short list.

jecyammy screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 01:53 PM
jecyammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Some guys call our seats a couch, among other names (guitar, frying pan, etc.); so it's funny to see your couch on a couch. Thanks for the pics and when you get the opportunity to ride another aftermarket seat (on any bike), take it. You'll be even more satisfied you didn't try multiple solutions before finding us, like some other riders' wallets have.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #28
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
"Bigdog54" - I've got a 2001 XR400. With the extra width, do you find people tearing the cover when they drop the bike. I know it can happen at any moment but it looks like the extra width would make it more "prone" to damage?
Go for it - the seat is wider yes but I dont think mine is really any more vulnerable than it was at stock width. Maybe it could snagg something a little easier but turst me the added comfort is worth any additional risk. The seat is well made and the cover seems everybit as rugged as the stock maybe tougher! I had Fisher make mine from scratch (not modify stock) worth the price and looks great! I have dropped mine a coule times in woods and rocks and no dammage yet.

Fisher did a seat for my XR400, 10" wide, no more monkey butt for me. I am very happy with mine.
Now I can do 200+ mile days one after another (and enjoy them!).

Actually I'm so happy with it I am about to send them the seat off my DualSport CX500 (which is using a 1980 RM125 seat on it) and it is too soft and too narrow for those long days riding.

What do you think Joe (rotaxhippie) or Nate? I need it about 10" wide and a lot firmer! Can you take on that CX500 seat project?

EnduroRdr screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 11:45 AM
EnduroRdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #29
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

We can firm the CX seat up and give it some comfortable width. That style of pan may require a new cover though. Glad the XR400 seat is working for you and you know what a wide seat can do for longer trips.

Nate
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #30
pschuyler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
2000 r1150gs

Can you do this to my stock R1150GS seat.

Here are the posts and pictures of someone else who did this. Stock is on the right, finished wider seat on the left. You can send me a PM, I have a stock seat ready to ship. I want less pain, more comfort, I do 99.5% of my riding sitting down and not standing on pegs. Thanks Pete

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=354

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=355