Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,959
Am looking at soft luggage for my KTM 990Adventure which already has a rack system.

couldn't find pricing information on your website so, could you please let me know what are the prices for just the saddle bags ? Saddle bags capacity is 46-60litres right ?

thanks
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #32
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Oddometer: 71
Pete, We can make your stock GS seat wider and a better foam density, usually softer. Email me an order form through our site and I'll look it over to see what all we can do a quote you a price. I'll want to know if you feel like there is additional pressure at the back of your , making it feel like you're sliding forward or having to fight to stay in one spot.

Vicks, Unfortunately we don't have any bags designed to fit your 990. All our bags are model specific. There is no way to secure our bags without the rack. By strapping them to the bike, it'd be less expensive buying a generic set, which would probably fit as well if not better. We can help you with a seat as well if needed.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
jecyammy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Laugh Update on my Fisher seat

Thought I'd post an "after" picture now that my Fisher seat is on the Yamaha and has a few miles of butt time on it. The seat makes a world of difference. I've gone as far as 225 miles in one day on it, and while all my parts were tired by that time, the days of the torture test are over. Very comfortable, very supportive, all the downside of the stock seat gone. Nate, I thank you, my rear end thanks you, my WR250X thanks you.

jecyammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Great mixture of pics with the WR. Thanks. Sorry your wife makes you keep your ride in storage. X models can definitely benefit with some width. Hopefully she served you proud for the remainder of the year.
______ ______ ______ ______
Special note for Europe riders and other overseas two wheel enthusiasts. The US Dollar has a pretty good exchange rate at the moment with the Euro and Pound. We've been selling more and more complete seats overseas and wanted to make sure ya'll knew. For example:

New Fisher custom KTM seat here in the US: $319.99
- in Pounds = 198.01 + Shipping (25-40)
- in Euro = 233.93 + Shipping (30-50)

Email us on our website if you would like a complete KTM seat or other make.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #35
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Just bought one of your seats used for my KTM. Have you ever made a seat for an FJR 1300 or is it possible to get one made?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #36
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,064
I'm on my 3rd seat from fishers. It is the most comfortable seat for me, great service and the seat gets better and better. Most important mod to my KTM & My Dr650
Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #37
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Thanks HC. Wild1, we build all types of motorcycle seats. Most street seats we do are local, for a number of reasons. We can help you out with the FJR 1300 though. Comfort can always be gained with more width and the right foam. Width is limited since you need leg room to straddle the seat at a stop. My CBR got a softer layer of foam and more width where I could. I'd even like more width on the CBR seat, but I ride up against the tank and don't even use the back half of the driver seat. Send us an email through our website with what you think you'd like done. An order form from our Seats page would be even better so we have more details.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #38
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok thanks. I have checked it out and wonder it you do same day service if I was to ride down there?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #39
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Depending on what we're doing to it, we may be able to make an appointment and finish it. We'll need to discuss all the alterations ahead of time to make any promises. The appointment would have a short lead time, meaning we can't make it a month out, more like a week or days.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #40
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Great thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #41
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,401
Looking at options for luggage for my DRZ400S. I like your bag set up but they have too small capacity. Will the bigger bags work on the DRZ rack set up? Thanks

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #42
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Boss, our bags were primarily designed for day use and hold plenty for day rides. The top bag expands for more clothing or taller items if needed. We have had customers purchase the rack and hardware only and mount other bags to them. If you were to do that and purchase wider bags, I'd recommend some with a stiff base/bottom or a plastic insert helps. If we camp off of the bike, we simply bungee a tent, duffle bag, and whatever else over the other bags.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,401
Thanks for the reply. Actually looking for something a little more capacity than my wolfman teton bags for a planned CDR trip this summer.

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #44
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 981
You should be receiving my Beta seat soon (if you haven't already).
Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #45
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 576
I loved my fisher seat on my DRZ, it made an incredible difference. Now I have an 950 adv and ride with a pillion sometimes. Do you make seats for rider and pillion? One seat pan with a step in the foam for the pillion. I have seen a few other seat builders do this but you are relatively local for me and I would prefer to keep the cash near home.

Thanks

Steve
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote