Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #181
jgrmstr
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmstatecrawler View Post
A stacked light fairing for the 690 is what I am looking for. This is an aesthetic preference and the side x side lights have kept me from purchasing the fairing. I have heard a lot of good things about you product and I will be watching to see what you guys end up doing.
I second the stacked light fairing for my new 690!
jgrmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #182
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,039
I'll third the stack light combo!

And if I could humbly throw in another request...

I'd love to have some way to quickly raise/lower the headlight beam. Just tonight I gave a short ride in the city to a friend and my pretty well adjusted auxiliary lights were all of a sudden 50' up in the trees. To have a quick nob you could reach while sitting on the bike that had a range of adjustment from rider and no luggage to rider+Passenger+luggage would be awesome!

FWIW I wouldn't want a squadron. At this point the Hella Bi Xenon's are far, far superior. JW speakers probably has the best (albeit insanely expensive) LED's out there now. Price to performance ratio vs HID projectors they are not really in the same league - I think the guys that buy them with understanding do so kind of like guys buying Prius' 10 years ago... it was for the sake of supporting developing products.
All that to say if you make the stacked light fairing I'm hoping we could still use the vastly superior HID projectors and wouldn't HAVE to upgrade to the LED squadron's!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #183
Lon
The Short

Oddometer: 18
Mine came in yesterday.

Here it is installed:

There was some rotary tool action involved with making the dash touch only at the mounting points (I read that if you don't do this, it will buzz), and it took awhile to align the lights.

The light output is impressive, and an unexpected feature: the current Lynx has a delay relay, so you can start the bike before the HID fires up (which should make the ballast last longer).

The only bug I'm still working out is that the Lexan guard buzzes something fierce on the 690. I'm thinking spacers to keep it from contacting the fairing (and slightly longer screws) will cure that.

Overall, a very impressive product, and I'm happy to have it.

Lon screwed with this post 04-24-2014 at 08:45 AM
Lon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #184
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
2nd Generation Lynx

After almost 3 years, I finally decided I was tired of the lower mounting of the 1st generation Lynx. After a brief exchange with Ian I ended up with a 2nd gen Lynx and can't be happier! Much better mounting system. Awesome product!!

The wife and I put on our supermoto wheels and went for a 500 mile, 2 day ride this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom
BackCountryCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote