Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #121
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
DON'T SWEAT THE PRICE INCREASE.

Mark , Your kits are worth every penny , great design and very cool looking to boot. If I was your Marketing and Financial Officer , I would have them at

299.99 cash , check, or Money order, plus shipping. If paying by paypal other than gift , than add 4 %.

I always tell my customers this ,
My name or business is not named , ... A-Affordable , or Budget builds , Will beat anyones prices. etc, etc,

Remember , good things ain't cheap , and cheap things aint good.

Them cooler set-ups of yours will be around way longer after the price of them is forgot ,

I tell my customers , your not buying this only for yourself , but whoever has it 100 yrs from now .

+1....... Marks cooler mounts are extremely well made,,i`ve dumped my bike a number of times with no issues.......and it flat out works at cooling the oil....

Until i installed the cooler i was changing the oil at under 100 miles and it was black,,really black........now i run it 2000 miles and it still is mostly golden in color......which shows it`s not being burnt anymore...

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #122
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMark View Post
Thanks! I know that you have my back.
How is your oil cooler working out?

Things are well. Starting 2 more projects with 2 old ones in the works. I will go to my grave with a bunch of bikes in pieces.
How have you been? Still solving the world's technical motorbike problems?
No doubt that you are.

Cheers,
Mark
Doing great Mark.nasty busy though......running 2 shops now as we lost a manager........so days are long..kinda fun though.....but a little stressed

Cooler works absolutely perfect,,thanks for making them Mark,,quality is beyond my expectations,,every bolt,nut,alloy part is well suited to this application...no cheap crappy bolts to save money..nice to see as most things are made for profits only,,not for quality/pride in manufacture..

Should have put a cooler on this years ago...

Keep up the good work,,,and make us something cool

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #123
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 930
PM sent

Hey GSMark,

CW is rebuilding my engine, I sent you a PM for a cooler if your still making them please add me to list.

Thanks
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #124
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
GSMark....just a hint for you sir....if you haven't already....the TW200 guy's would love you also(in a respectful sort of way...mind you!) if you would think of making these for their rides????....more $$$$$ for you!...no doubt.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #125
JBADV
searching for sanity

Oddometer: 3,419
Any kits still up for sale ?
Interested in a black cooler and a bypass valve.
Thanks,JB
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #126
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Mail that sucker

Mark,

I've been scouring advrider (and thumpertalk) for a long time now, always searching for useful tips when getting my hands dirty on my XR600R.
This was the final nudge needed to finally create a profile here, I would like to order one of your coolers.
After this summer when I put in my new connecting rod I plan to go for the 660 overbore while I'm in there, so I think I'm going to need your piece of kit

I'll go ahead and send you a PM.

Do you currently still have the Jagg in black?
And do you also ship the kit with Jagg's thermostat bypass, or just the manual type?

Cheers from Holland !
deejay_xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #127
rboe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I've sent a PM for an oil kit too. I see you are in Arizona (I'm slow on these things) so I might be able to save you all the shipping and paypal stuff and do a will call if you don't mind.

Ron
rboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #128
AllenL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Hey Mark,

I'd be interested in your full setup for use in my xr600r build. Do you still have availability?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #129
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Oddometer: 853
Update: What Going on with the Oil Cooler Kits

Greetings BRP Fans,
I have not forgotten you guys and gals.
I am still making the kits. Sometimes I run out of parts, but I get the kits together as soon as I can.
I have been working on a new system just for the XR600.
I have two promised out for testing.
The problem was the location of the XR600 motor mount. It did not align with the aluminum strap that bolted to the motor mount on the XR650L. One longer spacer and bolt is also required where the mount bolts to the side cover... I think. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I still have not got my hands on a XR600 yet. Anybody in the Phoenix area with a XR600 willing??? You will get a GREAT deal on an oil cooler system.
I have been getting my information from people making the XR650L kits work on the XR600.
The parts should be in my hands tomorrow and a day to bend and finish them.

This new set-up should also work for the XR650L. I will bolt one on my bike and get photos asap.
I would like to know what you people think when you see it.

I still have a few of original the XR650L kits in stock, ready to ship. Depending on the input from you guys, I might be changing the design.

Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #130
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,703
I'm glad to hear you are still manufacturing and selling your excellent oil cooler, Mark. You design is not only functional, it is a work of art.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #131
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
I think that maybe under statement Spud. It might be the most well thought out thing I have ever purchased. If only this much thought and pride went into everything I purchased.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #132
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
I think that maybe under statement Spud. It might be the most well thought out thing I have ever purchased. If only this much thought and pride went into everything I purchased.
Indeed, the Sutton oil cooler is obviously a labor of love. Mark is probably making about $0.25/hour manufacturing the parts for this oil cooler. We XR650L owners are very fortunate that Mark designed and manufactures this excellent product.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #133
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Oddometer: 853
Thank you guys for the kind words.
Wow! I have the bests customers in the world... Really.
Kits have been sent to almost every continent in the world... Still waiting for Antarctica.

Thank you all.
Cheers,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L

GSMark screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 11:49 PM
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #134
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Antarctica is probably the single place on Earth where the XR650L wouldn't need an oil cooler. If worse came to worse, one could always stop the bike, and throw some snow on the engine.

Spud
Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #135
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMark View Post
I have been working on a new system just for the XR600.[/B][/SIZE]
I have two promised out for testing.

Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Mark
Would one of those be mine?

Let me know whenever you're ready Mark, I'll make payment right away.

Cheers !
deejay_xr is offline   Reply With Quote