Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #91
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG55 View Post
When i had the tires put on, I put palm pressure on the unmounted rear, it felt like it had 25psi in it. Super stiff, almost like a run flat tire. This is why I won't air-down. I wonder how far I could ride with a flat before the bead broke loose?
On the rear... probably indefinitely!
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #92
AdvWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
I have had my concerns with many of you ride a 600 pound on that light of tyre pressure. I stay with the factory pressure unless running in sand. Which we have very little here. But we do have a number of softball size rocks that will taco a rim pretty quick with low tyre pressure.

I liked the stiffness to the Kenda for that reason. I just hope the front end hold a little more on the off camber clay in the spring and fall.
AdvWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #93
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Man was that a tough tire to get on! The Nomar Bar met it's match. I had to really warm it up and pry it to get on the last 10 inches. Now to see how it wears.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #94
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfuze View Post
Man was that a tough tire to get on! The Nomar Bar met it's match. I had to really warm it up and pry it to get on the last 10 inches. Now to see how it wears.
I just ordered a No Mar tire changer so I can save money and buy Kendas. Does that make any sense? 18 Big Blocks over the TKC and it will be paid for.

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #95
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

I got around to about 1/3 left to get on and it wouldn't budge. I took it off the changer and put it on the heater vent for the night and lubed it up like crazy. This time I got it on a little further but still not all the way. I then got out another bar and pried the rest on while keeping the Nomar Bar in place. In comparison the TKCs take like 45 seconds cold. I'm using a Harbor Freight tire changer with a Nomar Bar and a yellow thing from Nomar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamWOW! View Post
I just ordered a No Mar tire changer so I can save money and buy Kendas. Does that make any sense? 18 Big Blocks over the TKC and it will be paid for.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #96
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I got around to about 1/3 left to get on and it wouldn't budge. I took it off the changer and put it on the heater vent for the night and lubed it up like crazy. This time I got it on a little further but still not all the way. I then got out another bar and pried the rest on while keeping the Nomar Bar in place. In comparison the TKCs take like 45 seconds cold. I'm using a Harbor Freight tire changer with a Nomar Bar and a yellow thing from Nomar.
Only get a flat in the summer I guess. I'm thinking go back to TKCs or maybe pack lots of lube.

KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #97
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

I'm tubeless so I just plug it. I can't imagine having to spoon this tire off!

Quote:
Only get a flat in the summer I guess. I'm thinking go back to TKCs or maybe pack lots of lube.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #98
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
I'm tubeless so I just plug it. I can't imagine having to spoon this tire off!
Me too. After the battle with the K60 on the hill, going tubles for my rear wheel became one of my top priorities. Fixing the bearings was the other. Woody killed two birds with one stone for me.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #99
jasonTDI
TDI Guru

Oddometer: 187
Good to hear the Kenda is super stiff. While a total PITA to change or fix you can ride them out. My Mcaroo was ridden out flat for 30 miles and it still took a KTM950 GO!!!! bike side stank to break the bead loose. I have 3500 miles on it and the last 1/4" of tread won't disapear. 2800 miles off-road and the reat driving like and idiot on road. The front TKC80 angled off the treaded and sings like a mo-fo. That only took 800 miles with 300 on road.
jasonTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #100
LavaFrog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Bb

After 200+ miles @36psi these tires are feeling grippy! The initial BigBlock break in -on the way home- was 60miles in the rain from my buddies.
Initially,The front feels like it wants to pull straight, hard to explain-like your headset is tightened too tight on a mtn.bike, after some slab twisties the front bb is much smoother-after about 100miles feels like a road tire. These BB felt like they broke in quicker than the k60s. These are only my 2nd set of 50/50 tires-k60s last set. I'm trusting the front more than the k60 front, especially in the red clay and gravel. * after 150 miles on the BB, the nipples on the rubber have just started to wear off. I was able to get out in a little in rain, mud, clay, gravel test. So far, The front is reminding me of my old favorite mtn.bike tire the Porcipine. There is a little more vibration in the front BB vs. k60 front(last tire) on the slab and it grips well. 66$frt and at 100$ rear I'm sold. My thinking is i can get a tire that wears as long as 2 of these but would have half the knob life for about the same price. Thumbs up for these BB from a prior k60(140) rider maybe more tire prices will drop.
Attached Images

LavaFrog screwed with this post 04-07-2011 at 06:49 PM
LavaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #101
hoffnasty
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
I will pay you to help me put a set on the KLR and you can break even sooner.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #102
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

I put the Big block on yesterday. I used the No-Mar and it took about 15 minutes. The tire is definitely harder to mount. I did 250 miles on it. We did gravel , slab and a little mud and snow. During the break-in the tire felt square leaning back and forth. The sensation went away after a couple hundred miles. I like the the tire though. Corners well and does good off-road. If I were the only one changing the tire on the trail it would be a bear.

KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #103
SoCalJeff
In the wind

Oddometer: 212
Oops. Wrong Kenda thread.

SoCalJeff screwed with this post 05-29-2011 at 10:24 AM
SoCalJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #104
Pablo Mac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Big Blocks on the Way!

I just ordered a pair of Big Blocks from LeatherUp.com for $144 including shipping. Almost paid $16 more until it occurred to me to google a coupon code.
Pablo Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #105
AdvWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Mac View Post
I just ordered a pair of Big Blocks from LeatherUp.com for $144 including shipping. Almost paid $16 more until it occurred to me to google a coupon code.

I hope you ordered the right tires. I went to your link and calculated for a F800 $198.22

I was going to take this to the local dealer but I got them for around $200
AdvWolf is offline   Reply With Quote