User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #391
massio
n00b

Oddometer: 5
'90 gspd

Just stumbled upon this thread. Sorry about being so late to the party.

I've got a '90 GSPD, too. Bought it new just out of college, rode it cross country, messengered on it, ran from the cops once or thrice, wheelied through 3 driveshafts (even looped my new girlfriend (now old wife) off it after grabbing one too many gears), raced it in Baja, toured 2-up to Alaska, parked it for a little while and recently resurrected it as an almost daily driver. Good for another few hundred thousand miles, I hope. Certainly can't ever sell it.

Anyhow, you make me feel like I've gone too easy on it. Well done.
massio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #392
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by massio View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. Sorry about being so late to the party.

I've got a '90 GSPD, too. Bought it new just out of college, rode it cross country, messengered on it, ran from the cops once or thrice, wheelied through 3 driveshafts (even looped my new girlfriend (now old wife) off it after grabbing one too many gears), raced it in Baja, toured 2-up to Alaska, parked it for a little while and recently resurrected it as an almost daily driver. Good for another few hundred thousand miles, I hope. Certainly can't ever sell it.

Anyhow, you make me feel like I've gone too easy on it. Well done.

Thank you sir, sounds like a good time was had by all

We are two stages into it, folks. total of nine bikes, it looks like one bike is out as of stage two.

I think the last two stages are 13 and a half miles or so, I ran 16 minutes and change for both of them,
Stages three and four are running in the dark, in just a few minutes. THey are simply stage one and two run in reverse.

Bike is working, so far so good. Speedo is completely shot, so am using GPS. GoPro camera is taking a shit, and isnt going to finish the rally :sad

Oh, yeah, ran stage two with no rear brake. No idea why, but the wingnut loosened up, and all it took to fix was turning it on a bunch of clicks. Was still faster than stage one by a few seconds :wink
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #393
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,978
I don't need no stinking brakes, you fargin' arshole!!!!!

Looking good, man!!!! I really like that all your shit breaks while you're running a rally!!!! You need to start testing stuff so you can get it for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post

We are two stages into it, folks. total of nine bikes, it looks like one bike is out as of stage two.

I think the last two stages are 13 and a half miles or so, I ran 16 minutes and change for both of them,
Stages three and four are running in the dark, in just a few minutes. THey are simply stage one and two run in reverse.

Bike is working, so far so good. Speedo is completely shot, so am using GPS. GoPro camera is taking a shit, and isnt going to finish the rally :sad

Oh, yeah, ran stage two with no rear brake. No idea why, but the wingnut loosened up, and all it took to fix was turning it on a bunch of clicks. Was still faster than stage one by a few seconds :wink
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #394
russbryant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:

Jason, you put the Adventure into Rallies...much more interesting

Carry on and kick some ass.

Russ
russbryant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #395
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

thanks guys... BACk in for the night. SOrt of Did the last two stages in 18 mins. Not too bad. The HID's were working pretty well. Both of them lit up, and I did a little creative hammering to get them aimed right.
HAving only low beams, no matter how bright, is just as bad as crappy light.

Anyway- That guy who was out on stage two? Its Crankshaft. He got his bike back to life again, (KTM690) and started out on stage 3 with the intention of finishing the stage and going home, but apparently he only made it 6 miles in. SO now we are going to go get him. Its a twenty mile transit to the stage start, and then we still have to wait for the last cars to take off... its friggin midnight right now.

MAn the things you do for your riding buddies

THere's almost no cell service up here, hence very few photos.

First bike out is at 1015AM tomorrow. With Crank out of it, and DAve taking a pretty good off course excursion on stage two which cost him at least ten minutes, I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I think I am currently sitting first place. wtf! It cant last. If Dave's bike holds together, he'll probably make that ten minutes up on me in four stages tomorrow.

But IF I can do them in 16 minutes again... I might have a chance at at least doing pretty well!

Lets not hold our breath
Old 08-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #396
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,325
Go get em Jason!!!!!
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #397
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

http://www.nasarallysport.com/result...inia-index.htm

We'll see if this tabulation survives the night. /fingers crossed
Old 08-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #398
pvangel
Team AARP

3 plus minute lead! Keep it up!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #399
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,391
Awesome brother...love watching this.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #400
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Yep. I did it. Won the overall at RWV. Go figure That old girl can sure move out when you ask her. I discovered the throttle has a WFO position, today. Hung out there briefly. Didnt know that was there, before.

I dunno whats up.. .DAve Jansen usually kicks my ass squarely. He had a get off on stage two that cost lots of minutes, and is essentially what won me the race, apart form Cranks DNF... BUT our stage times were pretty similar, actually, so either he's getting slower or I'm getting faster.

2011 shall live in Infamy
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #401
pvangel
Team AARP

Congrats! Nice job Jason!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #402
russbryant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
I dunno whats up.. .DAve Jansen usually kicks my ass squarely. He had a get off on stage two that cost lots of minutes, and is essentially what won me the race, apart form Cranks DNF... BUT our stage times were pretty similar, actually, so either he's getting slower or I'm getting faster.

2011 shall live in Infamy
It's the STICKERS !!!!
Nice going Jason.

Russ
russbryant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #403
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

haha, the stickers! of course!

Here is a short recount of some bits of the rally:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=115
Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #404
ADK
_____

Oddometer: 8,130
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #405
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,236
4 minutes in front of a HP2 and 25 minutes in front of a DRZ. You rock, man!

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote