Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
ternus
El Gran Camino

Oddometer: 89
Just ordered an aluminum skid plate with highway pegs and the upgrade kit from Yann. Absolutely stand-up guy -- he called me and walked me through the differences between the various plates. Can't wait to get mine and install it, but the experience has been great so far.
ternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #32
Homeskillet
Exit Flagger

Oddometer: 227
Yanni,
My buddy just bought an 07' 1000 V-strom w/zero farkles. I'm helping him sort out the bike. (I just emailed him this thread and your website).
This is his first bike, and so far, he is listening to my suggestions, so he should be in contact with you soon.

One question we can't get find any info is: Will Suzuki 650 V-Storm factory hard bags/mounting brackets fit a 1000? We tried to eyeball the brackets holding them up to a 1000 Vstrom and it was close. He didn't buy them, but he left $200 as a deposit. The two boxes w/rack/brackets, new in boxes for $600 total. But they are for a 650.

Sorry to get off topic, but we are kinda' riding blind right now. (Except we know which skid plate to order!)

Cheers,
Skillet

IBA#21709
BMW RA #29106
2007 1200GS ADV (Bedazzlement made affordable)
1971 Kawasaki 500 Mach III (under restoration)
Homeskillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
narcosis junky OP
NARCOSIS JUNKY

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeskillet View Post
Yanni,
My buddy just bought an 07' 1000 V-strom w/zero farkles. I'm helping him sort out the bike. (I just emailed him this thread and your website).
This is his first bike, and so far, he is listening to my suggestions, so he should be in contact with you soon.

One question we can't get find any info is: Will Suzuki 650 V-Storm factory hard bags/mounting brackets fit a 1000? We tried to eyeball the brackets holding them up to a 1000 Vstrom and it was close. He didn't buy them, but he left $200 as a deposit. The two boxes w/rack/brackets, new in boxes for $600 total. But they are for a 650.

Sorry to get off topic, but we are kinda' riding blind right now. (Except we know which skid plate to order!)

Cheers,
Skillet

I don't have an answer on the panier racks. I would think that it is the same, but then again, the 1000 has been known to be a little different.
I think that the big difference is going to be on the led side because of the exhaust (double exhaust).
If you find out, let me know.

YANN
EnduroGuardian.com
(541)912-1205
(541)912-1205
I ride a 2009 DL650 V-strom
narcosis junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Greedyg76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Touratech Crash Bars?

Does anyone have experience with the EG skid plate and Touratech crash Bars? I emailed Yann and he said he has no direct experience with the combo but has heard a few customers say they "made it work". I wonder what that entails? If any of you has a pic of this combo I'm sure both Yan and I would appreciate it. He also mentioned his guaranty if it doesn't work out, so I guess I have nothing to lose...
Thanks
Greg
Greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #35
narcosis junky OP
NARCOSIS JUNKY

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcosis junky View Post
I don't have an answer on the panier racks. I would think that it is the same, but then again, the 1000 has been known to be a little different.
I think that the big difference is going to be on the led side because of the exhaust (double exhaust).
If you find out, let me know.

YANN
EnduroGuardian.com
(541)912-1205

That is the problem, the 650 is designed for one exhaust and the 1000 has double exhausts.
I don't think the 650 racks are going to work on the 1000.
(541)912-1205
I ride a 2009 DL650 V-strom
narcosis junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #36
Greedyg76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Bump for some great products

I've been running the Enduro Guardian skid and 1" lift links for some time now and am nothing but impressed with the quality and cost - Thanks Yann

Greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote