User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #61
charlie98210
...a mischievous soul

Oddometer: 5,824
KBC FFR.

Fits my head and I love the big air-scoop type vent on the top.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #62
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
What is it about Philadelphia that brings out these businesses who only wish to lead us down the path of retail righteousness?
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #63
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestlaw View Post
Scorpion EXO-700. Got a great deal on it, looks cool, and it fits really well.
Cyclegear was selling the "Apollo" graphic EXO-1000's for US$125.00 last week. Of course, when I finally wandered in, there were only smalls, mediums, and XXLs left.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #64
samblack11
Banned

Oddometer: 11
Shoei Hornet DS is great,my hubby love it so much.
samblack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #65
TSPAraiGuy OP
CBR600 Chick

Oddometer: 46
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
Akuma helmets.

You must be new to the helmet business.
Lol like I said before, I've only been workin here for alittle under a year, I've only really gotten into the helmets part in the last 7 or so months and I've only dealt with Arai. So yes you are correct I am real new to all the different helmets out there. Some brands you guys mentioned I've never even heard of. I'm learning new stuff everyday though and its awesome to read all this feedback you guys have. Thanks guys!
Most Specialized Arai Dealer in the Americas
Now featuring OGIO & PacSafe Products
Check out our new Webstore!
http://theservicepavilion.com
TSPAraiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #66
TSPAraiGuy OP
CBR600 Chick

Oddometer: 46
Spam?

I also am kinda new at this Forum thing and I dont understand what you guys mean when you say my post is Spam.. I just asked a question so if you guys could help me out as to what people mean when they say the post is "spam"..

I assure you I was just asking a question that I am legit interested in learning more about.

Thanks!
Most Specialized Arai Dealer in the Americas
Now featuring OGIO & PacSafe Products
Check out our new Webstore!
http://theservicepavilion.com
TSPAraiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #67
Subutai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
A clever guise for getting the inmates to do your market research for you
Subutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #68
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,377
I also like a good, "Nazi" style half helmet. The fake chrome finish makes the pink adhesive mohawk stick on better.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #69
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
Nothing but Arai. A Corsair and a XD3. I've investigated umpteen fatal MC wrecks and attended a ton of conferences with helmet manufacturers. Everything I've ever seen suggests Arai is the only way to go. And they look cool.
After the "helmets don't save life" BS, now the "Arai is the only way to go" BS...

I'm wondering what kind of biased "investigator" you are...

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=75
Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #70
tomkinton
Iraq/Afghan Vet

Oddometer: 41
helmet

Arai XD3. Cheek pads swap for sizing, good fit (varies for each person), and the chin bar is not giving me a hickey.

re. visor vibration: superglued four quarters under the visor and solved the problem. Does that resonate with you?

:-)

'Dude, that rug tied the whole room together!'
tomkinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #71
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPAraiGuy View Post
I also am kinda new at this Forum thing and I dont understand what you guys mean when you say my post is Spam.. I just asked a question so if you guys could help me out as to what people mean when they say the post is "spam"..
Spam is generally just an advertisement disguised as an informative post. For instance, if you were to post on this site a review about how great Arai helmets are and what great deals and service you get at TSP, especially without disclosing you work there - that would be spam.

But, in my opinion, you were straightforward in your post and stated your affiliation and asked for input about helmets to help you do your job. Frankly, I think that's what forums are for and appreciate vendors trying to educate themselves on what customers want.

There are several vendors on this forum that provide a wealth of info on a variety of products without ever trying to sell the stuff in those posts. Who better to answer a question about the fit of an Arai helmet than somebody that sells a lot of them?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #72
txwanderer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post

There are several vendors on this forum that provide a wealth of info on a variety of products without ever trying to sell the stuff in those posts. Who better to answer a question about the fit of an Arai helmet than somebody that sells a lot of them?

Perhaps even helmet fit in general. It is amazing how many wear poorly fitting ones. I've seen people lying on the ground that I could put 2 fingers between the helmet and their forehead. Talked to plenty that said they would wear them if they didn't hurt.
Lots of opportunity out there.

Looks like you passed the benifit of doubt test.
txwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #73
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Arai, Nolan, HJC, Bell, Fulmer and a couple of Navas years back. The Nava pro was the most comfortable helmet I have ever owned, the Arai was number 2.

3/4 or full doesnt really matter much to me, just bought an HJC flip, we'll see.
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #74
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,302
Previously owned an Arai Renegade, but bought size too large. Got a Corsair next and rode with it for 3 years, saved my head when I totalled my DL650. It was light, fit well but was noisy. I replaced it with a Nolan N102. I wanted an integrated sun visor (learned my lesson riding at dusk into the sun). It's also noisy, but heavy as well. Looking into getting the N103 as the sun visor is inside and has better coverage. I like the quick release strap too as well as the modular, very convienent.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #75
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I agree with this to a certain extent, but there is a point at which that participation really does start to become a continuous advertisement for their shop.

There's a couple of threads I can think of right now where some vendors are giving us information on when they're going to have the stock, when there's going to be a delay in the stock, encouraging inmates to call them with sizing questions... Generally being "helpful". That's running really close to the edge.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when someone closer to the product can answer some very specific questions, but there's a lot of more generic info that really does seem to be as much an effort to drive people to their place of business as it is answering questions.

"Well, we really ought to buy that product from this vendor because they've been so helpful in that product's thread."

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote