Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #226
mort71
Apehangers

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
A couple questions, the bike I'm going to try to do this with has no previous registration records on it. It's a 59 BSA road bike and never came with a odometer(it was a factory option), so no numbers are available to give here. Can I put N/A here?

Also the Bill of Sale, has the following information on it. The VIN, purchase date, sellers address, make, model, sellers signature with the statement that payment was received in full.

It's lacking, the odometer reading, purchase price, and my signature.

Is this a substantial Bill of Sale to send in?

Thanks

I want to add here since their has been some talk about ITS. They have a F rating on the BBB and have been scamming people since the new owners have taken over. DO NOT USE ITS titling service.

When I have titled antique bikes over the years they never have asked the milage, they always type in exempt, it even says exempt on my titles, I would put in NA or XX or 00, and not worry about it, they will get back to you if there is a problem. Just sign and put any purchase price you like on the bill of sale and make a copy of it and send it in. Looks good enough. GOOD LUCK !!!
2004 Harley Sporty

mort71 screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 09:04 AM
mort71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #227
brycekauai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter_500 View Post
Just sent in my money and forms. Hopefully this works. I'll update everyone once I find out. I am in Indiana by the way so if this does work I will let everyone know if I am able to get a Indiana title when it is all said and done as well.

Any Update on getting your title? I am in Hawaii and I just sent in the paperwork today. Lets hope this works. We have some pretty whacky laws here when I comes to scooters. But the previous owner parked it for 10 years and lost the title and keys. Got it free on Craigslist so I couldn't complain. DMV said I needed him to get a title, other then that, I was stuck. Didn't want to bug a guy who gave me a free CH150. So I'm hoping this Vermont process can cut out the middle man and get me moving legally!
brycekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #228
mort71
Apehangers

Oddometer: 51
Thumb

While at the Notary today, I asked if I came in with a registration card and plate from Vermont and I wanted to transfer them over, to get a PA title and registration, could it be done ??? They got out the Polk Book, with has copies of titles and all the info about transfering from other states, and they said YES as long as the motorcycle was at least 15 years or older. They have titles now for the newer vehicles. I am going to try this the next time I come across an antique bike with no title at a cheap price. The Notary also said that this might not last long with the state of Vermont, so don't delay.
2004 Harley Sporty
mort71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #229
Grifter_500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Any Update on getting your title? I am in Hawaii and I just sent in the paperwork today. Lets hope this works. We have some pretty whacky laws here when I comes to scooters. But the previous owner parked it for 10 years and lost the title and keys. Got it free on Craigslist so I couldn't complain. DMV said I needed him to get a title, other then that, I was stuck. Didn't want to bug a guy who gave me a free CH150. So I'm hoping this Vermont process can cut out the middle man and get me moving legally!
I didnt have the fee correct for the sales tax part so i had to send back in. I sent back in with corrected fee. The money order still shows it has not been processed so I am not sure the status. I am out of town on business so I am not sure if anything has came in the mail or not. i am back in town on Friday so I will check then. Once I have more to update I will post again.
Grifter_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #230
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
I'm trying to register a CL175. Do I have to send in the Bill of Sale too? Also, do I have to fill out both pages of the application? it looks like the second page is only if I'm transferring plates.

manx_20 screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 10:46 AM
manx_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #231
Grifter_500
Adventurer

I called and checked the status of the money order I used to pay for my fees and it says that have been presented for payment so I would think i should be getting plate and proof of ownership soon. Once it comes I will be heading to the Indiana BMV to get it transferred into a title for the bike. I will update further once I have more info.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #232
Grifter_500
Adventurer

Got my Vermont Plate in the mail. Just waiting on the permanent registration to come now so I can go to the BMV and get it changed over to Indiana title.

Worked just like everyone else said it would so far.

Thanks again guys I would have spent a lot of time and money doing this the hard way.

[IMG]CAM00004[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #233
Landmax
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Physical Inspection

Hi guys, A question I have is about,
Verifications performed out of state must be accompanied by a letter of identification of the verifier on official letterhead.

Has anyone dealt with this, just ignored it or were you able to get a letter from whoever did your inspection? Yes, I need the inspection 1981 cb650. Thanks for the help and thanks for sharing this info. I am another one in Indiana and was getting ready to start dealing with the court today to get an Order to the BMV to Issue and Certificate of Title.
Landmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #234
brycekauai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
So stoked! Looks like the check was cashed today that I sent the DMV. Does that mean the plate and reg should be on there easy? Can't wait!
brycekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #235
Grifter_500
Adventurer

I was just going to ignore the inspection. My bike is a 497 cc so I did not think I needed inspection for Vermont. When I take my Vermont reg to the Indiana BMV i expect they will want to do a inspection since it will be considered a out of state bike but that should be easy since all my vin#'s will match.

One my money order was cashed it took about a week to get my plate in Indiana. I would expect longer for Hawaii though.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #236
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
I got pissed off at my local DMV.got used KTM with certificate of origin from out of state.DMV said needed vin ck.took it today to have done but after standing in line for reg inspector came in and said I don't meet requirements.took his form and shredded it.so I drove to VT and got plates no vin ck needed.they said I will get my title in 3 weeks.and I need an inspection. I'm sure this was asked before .will they suspend plates for not going?
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #237
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
I got pissed off at my local DMV.got used KTM with certificate of origin from out of state.DMV said needed vin ck.took it today to have done but after standing in line for reg inspector came in and said I don't meet requirements.took his form and shredded it.so I drove to VT and got plates no vin ck needed.they said I will get my title in 3 weeks.and I need an inspection. I'm sure this was asked before .will they suspend plates for not going?
Unlike NY and Mass, Vermont does not currently suspend registrations for uninspected vehicles (there is a law on the books authorizing the state to do so, but the DMV has no way of knowing whether your vehicle is inspected besides the sticker itself).
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #238
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_saeufer View Post
Unlike NY and Mass, Vermont does not currently suspend registrations for uninspected vehicles (there is a law on the books authorizing the state to do so, but the DMV has no way of knowing whether your vehicle is inspected besides the sticker itself).
Thanks.
For anyone that drives to VT for plate bring your check book. They hit you with fee for using debit. Same goes for MA .sticker they only take checks or money order.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #239
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,015
Quote:

Just curious when NY started this,,,,, I have a car and bike (both registered in NY) in VA that never get a NYS inspection and never had this happen.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #240
tdvt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post

Quote:
This is correct, they don't compare notes as to whether or not an inspection has been done.

Just curious, what year/size is the KTM if they are sending you a title?
tdvt is offline   Reply With Quote