Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #271
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort71 View Post
The book that P.A. has is called The Polk Book, it has copies of all titles and other info needed for when transfering from another state. Maybe instead of going to the DMV try going to a Notary to see what they have to say about it, In P.A. we transfer our titles through Notarys, not sure if Ohio does that. All needed here is the plate and the registration card from Vermont, and the bike has to 15 years or older, and they will issue you a title.
Were you actually able to title a 15+ year-old bike in PA using a Vermont registration?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #272
mort71
Apehangers

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
Were you actually able to title a 15+ year-old bike in PA using a Vermont registration?

Inquiring minds want to know.

We went the route of going in front of a judge and getting him to sign a paper for us to get a bike title, I sold the bike to a good friend that did not have a title, and we got it in two weeks, BUT alot of BS, money, and paperwork to go through, BUT while at the notary I asked if I came in with a plate and registration from Vermont could I get a title for a bike ???? She got out the Polk Book and looked it up and said YES, as long as the bike was 15 years or older and I had the plate and registration from Vermont, she also said she thought this was the last state to do this and it might not last long.
2004 Harley Sporty
mort71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #273
floyd76
n00b

Oddometer: 5
i bought a 1961 honda dream. the title was filled out wrong.
the dmv lady said the title was no good. so i went the vermont root.
i got my tag and temporary registration in the mail two weeks ago.
do i weight for permanent registration or can i go to the dmv and have it
transfer with temporary registration?
floyd76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #274
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd76 View Post
i bought a 1961 honda dream. the title was filled out wrong.
the dmv lady said the title was no good. so i went the vermont root.
i got my tag and temporary registration in the mail two weeks ago.
do i weight for permanent registration or can i go to the dmv and have it
transfer with temporary registration?
It will probably be easier if you wait for permanent registration. Otherwise, your trip could be wasted. I dunno about you, but I try to minimize trips to DMV.
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #275
brycekauai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
all set

Just wanted to put an update on here. I did get my scooter all set up in Hawaii. I originally got the bike for free on craigslist. Owner had no key and no title. I went through the Vermont process and It all worked out. I went to the DMV on my island today and got a Safety check, Registration, and a TITLE!!! Couldn't believe it. Still speechless. Bike is up and running and now perfectly legal.

brycekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #276
Rocket Builder
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
It will probably be easier if you wait for permanent registration. Otherwise, your trip could be wasted. I dunno about you, but I try to minimize trips to DMV.
WECSOG, I wasn't aware that I would receive a permanent registration. What is the typical wait time after the first registration and license plate sticker arrive?

BTW, I am familiar with the name WECSOG. I'm building a FAL para now.
Rocket Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #277
rickmb3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Builder View Post
WECSOG, I wasn't aware that I would receive a permanent registration. What is the typical wait time after the first registration and license plate sticker arrive?

2 to 3 weeks after you receive the plate from what I've read.
rickmb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #278
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:

I haven't gone through the VT reg process yet myself, but I have heard a couple of weeks. I plan to do it soon for the Honda Trail 90 I am currently building.

I was wondering if anyone would understand the name. Good luck with the FAL.
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #279
Rocket Builder
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmb3 View Post
Rickmb3, I didn't receive a plate. I only received a sticker for the plate and a small, unofficial looking, registration.
Rocket Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #280
old_bashturd
n00b

This process worked for me in Maryland

I bought a 69 AT1 with no title from a guy in NY, I live in Maryland. I downloaded and filled out the Vermont forms. I sent a copy of the bill of sale, un-notorized and had my Vermont tag and registration within 2 weeks. I then took the temp registration, MD Application for title and tags to the local DMV. Had my clear MD title in about a week.
old_bashturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #281
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmb3 View Post
Quote:
Rickmb3, I didn't receive a plate. I only received a sticker for the plate and a small, unofficial looking, registration.
The plate and the actual registration with sticker are mailed from separate places for some reason. Usually the plate comes first.

The smallish registration looks as official as the registration cards I've had in a few other states, though it is very basic. The temporary registration is nothing more than a copy of your application with some DMV handwriting and a signature.
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #282
vova
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Few Questions

Hello everyone! Reading all the success stories here and need to do the same thing here in NY. I purchased a 2005 Vespa PX 150 without a title. Looks like I just need the application and the bill of sale since it is under 300cc.

But I have a couple of questions before I proceed:

1. The VT registration application asks for "VT DRIVER LICENSE NO". Since I am in NY do I just put my new york license number here? http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fil..._Title_App.pdf

2. What form of payment do I need to send: personal or certified check, or a money order?

3. VT DMV has a Bill of Sale form on their website, do I have to use that, or I can send whatever I got from the seller (which does have all the information asked from DMV)?

Thank you in advance!!
vova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #283
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by vova View Post
Hello everyone! Reading all the success stories here and need to do the same thing here in NY. I purchased a 2005 Vespa PX 150 without a title. Looks like I just need the application and the bill of sale since it is under 300cc.

1. The VT registration application asks for "VT DRIVER LICENSE NO". Since I am in NY do I just put my new york license number here? http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fil..._Title_App.pdf

2. What form of payment do I need to send: personal or certified check, or a money order?

3. VT DMV has a Bill of Sale form on their website, do I have to use that, or I can send whatever I got from the seller (which does have all the information asked from DMV)?

Thank you in advance!!
Just leave the licence number blank.

Personal check is what i've used, Twice. Got a refund for overpayment once.

I've always used the VT bill of sale form.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #284
old_bashturd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vova View Post

Thank you in advance!!
I put my MD license number

I sent a personal check

I used a copy of the bill of sale from the seller. The VT application explains what is needed on the bill of sale. Date, seller and buyer names and signitures, VIN, Model, Mileage , sale price, nothing special
old_bashturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #285
vova
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thank you, will try to do this next week!
vova is offline   Reply With Quote