Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #466
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardie View Post
The lien is there until the lien holder removes it. This is an official document you have to physically go to court house and sign papers removing the lien. It definitely doesn't go away or disappear. What do you to lose by following through sending in paperwork? Worse case they send it back with formal note telling you the property is liened.
I never heard of such a thing, not saying it isn't true in the state you live,

all 3 states here in northrn New England (Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine) only record real estate leins, motor vehicle leins/loans are just contracts between 2 private parties that each should have a copy of. should the lein holder want to enforce it, they would hire a private repossession company or what ever procedure for default is spelled out in the contract
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #467
DougFromKentucky
Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
I never heard of such a thing, not saying it isn't true in the state you live,

all 3 states here in northrn New England (Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine) only record real estate leins, motor vehicle leins/loans are just contracts between 2 private parties that each should have a copy of. should the lein holder want to enforce it, they would hire a private repossession company or what ever procedure for default is spelled out in the contract
Here in Kentucky they put any lein right on the title. When you pay the vehicle off the state reissues a new title without the lein holder on the title.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #468
Roland3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Update:

Aborted Mission, no cops would do Vin inspection in my area. One started asking a bunch of questions including - what are you doing tryig to get a title?
However after some investigative work and googling and other things, i did track down original owner, he ordered replacment title from Title bureo and Title is in the Mail
Roland3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #469
greg2015
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Update: Just got my check and letter returned in the mail due to VT DMV not getting enough money.. They claimed that a 1978 DT250 was worth more than $500 according to NADA even though I paid $300 for it I voided my check, sent out a new one and added another $9 to it making it $83 now. Keeping fingers crossed
greg2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #470
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,841
Trying in KY...

Got my project 1964 CT-90 in rolling order (only took 16 months!) and went to my local sheriff's office last Thursday. In Jefferson county, the sheriffs office does the vehicle inspections. The deputy begrudgingly signed off on my Vermont VIN form and off it went with the other required documents and a check for $74 to Montpellier last Thursday.

Fingers crossed!

I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #471
stonny9
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2015 View Post
Update: Just got my check and letter returned in the mail due to VT DMV not getting enough money.. They claimed that a 1978 DT250 was worth more than $500 according to NADA even though I paid $300 for it I voided my check, sent out a new one and added another $9 to it making it $83 now. Keeping fingers crossed
For anyone else reading it is always best to call in and get the tax amount from VT DMV. They were very nice to me and gave me the total amount due over the phone to send in with paperwork.
stonny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #472
winta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
i have a 98 dr350se no title (hasn't been titled since 2004). I sent the local dmv my ownership forms(indiana rules) required for getting a title and they were just returned to me. Dmv says i have to get original owner to transfer title or get court order. Thing is, i bought it from a guy that bought it from the last registered owner. The guy i bought from never registered it (had it for about a month).
If i went the VT route would it be possibe to get title transferred after getting registerd/plated from VT?
winta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #473
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,940
will this work for cars with VT?
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #474
WECSOG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
Yes, as long as the car is 15+ years old. And you will have to have the VIN verified by a cop, your local DMV, or something like that.
'74 Jialonda XL70/125
www.possumliving.com
WECSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #475
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
Yes,

I got a Blazer registered in VT for a friend in Nevada. He bught the Blazer at a military auction and for some reason Nevada wouldn't register it. He sent me all the paperwork and in 15 minutes at the VTDMV I had a plate and temporary registration. When his permanent registration came in , he went to the Nevada DMV and was able to register it there.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #476
greg2015
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winta View Post
i have a 98 dr350se no title (hasn't been titled since 2004). I sent the local dmv my ownership forms(indiana rules) required for getting a title and they were just returned to me. Dmv says i have to get original owner to transfer title or get court order. Thing is, i bought it from a guy that bought it from the last registered owner. The guy i bought from never registered it (had it for about a month).
If i went the VT route would it be possibe to get title transferred after getting registerd/plated from VT?
Yes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #477
greg2015
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
For anyone else reading it is always best to call in and get the tax amount from VT DMV. They were very nice to me and gave me the total amount due over the phone to send in with paperwork.
Good point. I wish I would have thought to do that. Still waiting....
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #478
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2015 View Post
Good point. I wish I would have thought to do that. Still waiting....
Damn, guess I should have done that. Got mine back today for insufficient tax. Seems my CT-200 is a antique collectors item and needed $52.50. $22.50 more so back it went the same day with a new check.

Should have called...
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #479
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
I almost went the Vermont route on the no-title '88 Honda Hawk GT I bought last year for $300. The additional hassles with VT due to it being a 650cc bike, and the ratty condition led me to find a titled frame and swap everything over. Lots more work, but it forced me to check everything and fix and refurb what needed fixing or refurbing. Took my title (signed over in 1996 - there were some questions about that) in on Saturday and walked out with a new license and registration. My PA title should arrive in 7-10 days.

Here is the main reason I went the full frame swap route. I just did not trust that there were not major safety issues lurking under the corrosion and gobs of grease. I was going to have to strip it down completely anyway for my own peace of mind:

The roller in the new frame:

Sunday after a nice ride on the local twisties:

Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #480
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer: 1,074
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is online now   Reply With Quote