Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #571
checkmate21
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Just got my permanant vermont registration!!! YEEEE HAAAAA already been riding around town!!!!
checkmate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #572
Bran1har
n00b

Oddometer: 1
can I transfer a VT registration to CT without the title though? I live in CT and want to get a VT registration for my 84 XL250 w/o a title. Can I do that?
Bran1har is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #573
n9viw
Seeker

Oddometer: 16
You should be able to... this method is for reg only anyway, so you won't be getting a title. Your bike is 30 years old already, well past the point VT requires titles, so it probably won't even be an option.

When it comes time to transfer reg to CT, when you apply for title and they ask for the old one, you tell them VT doesn't require titles on old vehicles, and it doesn't have one. They look it up in the states record, see that this is true, and submit for new title without evidence of original. No problem!
n9viw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #574
750nh
n00b

So I find myself needing to do this also. I purchased a bike, guy give me title after he fills it out and signs it, I match up vins looks good and go. Get home unload scoot and see that the guy never put the title in his name, title is in previous owners name still wtf. Call my buddy and have him run the vin (he's a deputy) says its clean, last registered to 4 years ago. I tell him what happend he tells me call previous owner, I do guy says shoulda paid attention and hangs up. So my question to those who need vin verification. Do you have the cops fill out the Vermont form or the one from your state? And has anyone had success in ohio?
750nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #575
Xicor
n00b

CA registration question

For those of you who have done this in CA, I have a couple questions.
When filling out the application for registration/title in CA, how did you fill out section 5? I purchased the bike here in CA and it never left but I registered it in Vermont now I want to transfer the registration to CA.

Date vehicle entered or will enter CA (or check a box if you did not own it at time of entry)

Date vehicle first operated in CA

Date Vehicle was purchased or acquired (check box for purchased inside or outside of CA)

Thanks!
Xicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #576
winta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by winta View Post
received sticker and registration today...only thing left to do is visit the local dmv
definitely not in a hurry
Well, i took everything into indiana local dmv this morning (vermont registration,vehicle inspection and insurance card). I was told that i needed a copy of the bill of sale so i went home and printed that out and returned. The guy talked to his boss about it and then called the main branch about it(faxed them the forms i had brought). Almost an hour later i walked out with IN registration and the title should arrive in a week or two.
Vermont reg & fee cost me $82 IN reg & fees cost me $85 for the rest of the year

And i had to tell them about the vermont no title law, but everything went pretty smooth.
winta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #577
jaken33
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
title for bikes out of country?

Looked through the thread & couldn't find anything.

Would this work on a bike that was out of country??
jaken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #578
mr.ajandkj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ajandkj View Post
Success!

Got my plate in the mail on Monday, took about 10 days round-trip. Next is the permanent registration and tag, should be any day now based on others experience.

I'm am still gathering the rest of the pieces needed (turn signals, license plate holder, etc) to finish the project on my end before taking into Oregon DMV. Will update once i get to that point.
Done!

Just got back from DMV and got the plate and title with no issues! Vehicle inspection was a joke, all they checked as to see if VIN matched my Vermont Registration. They had to go look up Vermont regs on titles (or no titles for <300cc in my case), then made a copy of the Vermont page in reference book for submitting along with my application to Salem office. Walked away with plate and will get Title in a couple weeks as per the norm for Oregon.
mr.ajandkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #579
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaken33 View Post
Looked through the thread & couldn't find anything.

Would this work on a bike that was out of country??
Vermont never asked me where the bike was, or where it came from.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #580
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

sooo the state cops in md.....

Giving me a hard time about a vin verification after seeing the Vermont paperwork. how do i get around this?
jmp5us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #581
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp5us View Post
sooo the state cops in md.....

Giving me a hard time about a vin verification after seeing the Vermont paperwork. how do i get around this?
Donuts

Maybe you could find a nearish MD inmate who is also a cop?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #582
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
Donuts

Maybe you could find a nearish MD inmate who is also a cop?
DMV may do it or in ct some garages can also.I had hard time and put bike on truck and drove to vt.when I got there gave them my paperwork original cert of org didn't need vin check and walked out with plate .little further for you.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #583
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

went back the other day... new cop...

In my experiences i have come to realize while in court, or with cops, the truth does not set you free. plead the fifth, keep your silence and it always works out better...

in and out in 15 minutes with my vin verification.
jmp5us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #584
CTBQ
FZR

Sent in all my documents 2 weeks ago and check cashed and my plate was here yesterday. This is awesome so glad to have found this thread. I'm out of Connecticut and my bike was a 1989 FZR 600
CTBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #585
StuntmanVP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I joined because of this thread. I see a lot of Vermont registrations here in NY. Now I know why.
StuntmanVP is offline   Reply With Quote