ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
kitesurfer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
penn riders?

i loaded a thread to trip planning:

the plan is to leave jacksonville fla (july 2, sat) and stop 530 interstate miles at parents in bennett, nc. I'll stay overnight and do the remaining 765 miles in two days. i've been combing threads for roads to ride as well as google maps. my primary route so far is 220 up to Penn and then 35 for a while as well as a few backroads before picking up 220 again between wilkes-barre and williamsport, then 14 or 34 on the Fair Haven state park. google gave me 81 as the quick and dirty route so i tried to mimick that route on the sideroads. Seneca rocks area appears to have some camping but is a little farther south than i had planned for a stop over. and this being 4th of July week will most likely cause a problem finding camping. i plan on hammock camping and will not be taking a tent. a side road on a river would work great vs a campground or any sfe spot will do. i will be carrying a road map as well as a Gps. anyone have suggestions as to road numbers/camping/good eats and otherwise things not to miss?
US NAVY RETIRED
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote