Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #46
dwayne
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Yes, not a single bite, no interest. disappointing.
I think this site has been the defacto source of LC4 information for awhile.

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #47
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
CJracer decided to do the run anyway, so for those in the list, you will receive an email from him for payment likely next week.

~SNIP~
Thanks to both of you for this opportunity; I hope to be sportin' some Sumo wheels soon!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #48
JonW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Just bumping this thread for you guys...

I know this is about 26mm axles, but I got here as I have 20mm wheels and need to run them on my 17mm axle. Its funny people suggest the spacer would be too thin as there was originally a kit of 17-20 spacers but its long sold out. In the end Ive bought tube to sleeve my axle, but I would have preferred a better solution deep down.

Thanks to all who have supported the Omega PloProf book at DeskDivers.com - it's very much appreciated
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #49
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Just bumping this thread for you guys...

I know this is about 26mm axles, but I got here as I have 20mm wheels and need to run them on my 17mm axle. Its funny people suggest the spacer would be too thin as there was originally a kit of 17-20 spacers but its long sold out. In the end Ive bought tube to sleeve my axle, but I would have preferred a better solution deep down.
The emails for payment should be going out soon, at least as I've been told

JonW, regarding your sleeve tubing, do you have leftover or a reference?
I also got a set of 20mm and running them on the bike as well.

So far when using these, I am using a 20mm axle that was machined down to clear the fork housing.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #50
dwayne
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,128
Quote:

So far when using these, I am using a 20mm axle that was machined down to clear the fork housing.
I have a set of 26mm fork to 20mm axle spacers I can't use, if some one wants them or to trade for a set of 26mm fork to 17mm axle spacers (if such a thing exists) that would great. Then combined with these new conversion spacers I could rule the world!

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #51
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou

Quote:
I hope it is soon.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #52
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou

Quote:
Time for an update.
The prototype set is on the way to me for testing and making sure it all fits.

and CJRacer has some pricing, it'll be $58 shipped

For this to happen, we need to have 10 sets ordered and he can start production - so ... tell me who wants one.

I need (via PM) your full name , email address and hard anodized color preference ORANGE or BLACK.
Only one color will be produced whichever has majority.

Current List - updated when I get info.:
Christian - 1 Set - BLACK
katumo_jtb - 1 Set - Either color.
Highside>Lowside - 1set - black
R-Dubb - 1 Set - black
Dwayne - 1 Set - either
Finally got my invoice. For $75.

No explanation why in the invoice or here. (though I would imagine it was because less sets were pre-ordered) Really would have a lot more confidence in this deal if there was any sort of communication on what is going on.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #53
katumo_jtb
bogus journeyer

Oddometer: 454
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by highside>lowside View Post
finally got my invoice. For $75.

No explanation why in the invoice or here. (though i would imagine it was because less sets were pre-ordered) really would have a lot more confidence in this deal if there was any sort of communication on what is going on.
katumo_jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #54
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Anyone can contact me directly if need be. I've not been living on ADVrider as I have a ton of work to be done in the shop. I decided to make this small batch to get you guys rolling. If you don't think the price is fair, just let me know you want off the list so I can let the next guys in line have at them.

Price change was b/c I only made 5 sets, not the 10 sets like was originally stated and planned for. I only had 5 names, so I only made 5 sets. I don't have the time to spend making more parts that may not sell soon and sit on my shelf. These are in stock ready to ship. This is the best I could do w/ the time I have involved in making such a small run.

You pay the invoice, I send the parts. Do you really think I'm running a scam here? I don't have time or the patience for that BS. Do a search of my name on here, I have nothing to hide. Wed will be the last day I will ship the parts as I am getting ready to leave for 2 month.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #55
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Anyone can contact me directly if need be. I've not been living on ADVrider as I have a ton of work to be done in the shop. I decided to make this small batch to get you guys rolling. If you don't think the price is fair, just let me know you want off the list so I can let the next guys in line have at them.

Price change was b/c I only made 5 sets, not the 10 sets like was originally stated and planned for. I only had 5 names, so I only made 5 sets. I don't have the time to spend making more parts that may not sell soon and sit on my shelf. These are in stock ready to ship. This is the best I could do w/ the time I have involved in making such a small run.

You pay the invoice, I send the parts. Do you really think I'm running a scam here? I don't have time or the patience for that BS. Do a search of my name on here, I have nothing to hide. Wed will be the last day I will ship the parts as I am getting ready to leave for 2 month.
No one said you were running a scam, but I can clearly see you aren't the sort of person I have any desire to do business with. You don't need to live on the site to make sure there is a heads-up when the price of the product goes up nearly 30% from a previously agreed upon price. You obviously had the time to send all of the invoices out, so adding a little info wouldn't have taken much extra time. Heck, you could have just typed it once, and then copy'n pasted it to the other 4 invoices.

Here, I'll even do the work for you:

Here is the invoice for the 17-26mm KTM axle conversion you wanted. Unfortunately, due to the fact that this was such a small batch, I wasn't able to cover my cost (time and materials) for the agreed upon price this run, and I need to get $75 a set to break even. I apologize for the inconvenience, and understand if you want to pass on your place in line for them.

-CJRacer

I would have gladly paid, even though I could have had them made locally for less than that. I thought I was giving my business a fellow inmate who cared, or I would have had a locally made set in hand over a month ago, or just relaced my spare wheel, and still had use of my speedometer.

But instead, you came on with attitude after you were called out, and quite honestly, I don't do business with people who act like they don't need to communicate with paying customers.

Take my name off the list.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #56
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katumo_jtb View Post
+1
I feel sorry for this, following the prototype testing I haven't gotten much info until the invoice went out yesterday.
I wasn't aware of the price increase.

I guess follow cjracer comments, pay only if you want.

I think my lesson learn for next time is that I'll do it by myself locally next time instead of trying to do a batch for other riders.

Again sorry about this
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #57
JonW
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

I bought the tube from an ebay seller who was based in the UK. I got 30cm of 20mm OD stainless with wall of 1.5mm.. ie ID of 17mm. It landed after about a week. tube was 20.1mm and I had to laboriously reduce the size with a drill and a homemade mandrel and some 120grit wet n dry sandpaper... hold the tube in the drill with mandrel (threaded bar, some flanged nuts in backwards and some locking nuts to hold it firm. Dip the end in water and hold sandpaper round the tube, press drill trigger... move paper up and down a little to redistribute the water and clear the swarf and check often with the micrometer in different places on the tube. When it was the right size i checked the ID and it was fine, but the laser weld was a little proud, a long rough file fixed that in secs. Slides in the wheel bearings perfectly and sits nice n snug on the axle. Had to grind the axle fat end a little and use a spacer that ran to the fork leg in the end as the fat end of the axle is 20.8mm and not really enough to be sure the wheel spacer doesnt move in a pothole etc.

I am now measuring for spacers which has been laborious as the wheel was offset in the forks if i used the brake location i had on the 17s, so im having to do it centralised and then fix the brake issue later, although i will run a huge disk so its less issue as the caliper bracket will be custom anyway.

I love the wheels so its worth it... LOL

(anyway, sorry for taking this off topic and another bump to keep this thread current :) )

Thanks to all who have supported the Omega PloProf book at DeskDivers.com - it's very much appreciated
Old 05-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #58
JonW
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Meant to add... I found the KTM 20mm axle was a bit short, how did you get round that?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #59
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Meant to add... I found the KTM 20mm axle was a bit short, how did you get round that?
it's a little short, I replaced the KTM nut with a regular one from any hardware store to it seat well on the fork leg.
I think that nut doesn't do much anyway, the axle is pinched on each side anyway.

I'd like to have a custom axle machined but for now this works just fine.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #60
JonW
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
it's a little short, I replaced the KTM nut with a regular one from any hardware store to it seat well on the fork leg.
I think that nut doesn't do much anyway, the axle is pinched on each side anyway.

I'd like to have a custom axle machined but for now this works just fine.
Yep good call. The KTM nut on mine is a lovely alloy thing, I'd feel bad not using it LOL