ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #46
Christian RA40XT OP
Don't Panic!
 
Christian RA40XT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ruhrpott, Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemovice View Post

Sorry can't open (isn't available, f*ck UMG) that video in germany.....
Can somebody please tell me which song is played in the video?
Christian RA40XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #47
Mimer
Africa Twin
 
Mimer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian RA40XT View Post
Sorry can't open (isn't available, f*ck UMG) that video in germany.....
Can somebody please tell me which song is played in the video?
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Last of the Mohicans

think it's similar to their song "The Gael".
__________________
Doesn't matter how far you come, you've always got further to go.
Visit 100 countries on a bike. Visited: 18
Trips:
Norway | Austria | Baltic
Mimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #48
Yodagoat
Made in Scotland
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Oddometer: 314
Nice post. We're pretty lucky to have so many nice places to go here in Scotland.
__________________
R1150GS
C90

Visit my blog

"These are the days that must happen to you." - Dan Walsh
Yodagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #49
Yodagoat
Made in Scotland
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Oddometer: 314
Nice post. We're pretty lucky to have so many cool places to go here in Scotland.
__________________
R1150GS
C90

Visit my blog

"These are the days that must happen to you." - Dan Walsh
Yodagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #50
Christian RA40XT OP
Don't Panic!
 
Christian RA40XT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ruhrpott, Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodagoat View Post
Nice post. We're pretty lucky to have so many cool places to go here in Scotland.
Yes you're right. Next Year I will visit more of the west and the north of Scotland. More islands...

But this year I will visit Scandinavia (Denmark/Sweden/Finnland/Norway up to the Nordkap)
Christian RA40XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #51
OceanMtnSea
Pretty Dogged
 
OceanMtnSea's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: entering middle Saskatchewan
Oddometer: 506


My wife is not a big motorcycle fan & while traveling she saw one of these on the highway and asked me; "Are those motorcycles for retards?"!
__________________
2007 BMW Dakar & 2009 Ducati Multistrada entering the middle of the in-land sea called Saskatchewan Canada
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/OceanMtnSea/library/
OceanMtnSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:19 AM   #52
Christian RA40XT OP
Don't Panic!
 
Christian RA40XT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ruhrpott, Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanMtnSea View Post


My wife is not a big motorcycle fan & while traveling she saw one of these on the highway and asked me; "Are those motorcycles for retards?"!
Hihi
I also don't know what kind of advantage you got with this vehicle. It's slower than a motorbike you don't have any lean angle and the opportunity to get luggage with is very limited.

I think its just for fun....

The guy who owns this "bike" was very friendly and also very proud of it.. Soo..It's ok
Christian RA40XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #53
cristiano78
Adventurer
 
cristiano78's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Brussels - BELGIUM (but I'm Italian!!!)
Oddometer: 55
I though I had left a comment on this beautiful report but in fact didn't ...
I congratulate U anyway for this fantastic pics U have uploaded

... have to ride Scotland one day ...
__________________
Valentino Rossi Fan --->>> #46
http://www.valentinorossi.com
“There was no space ! Lorenzo knew that there was no space, 80,000 people knew that there was no space, millions on Tv knew that there was no space, but Rossi found a space and it was just the best move ever.” (Anonimus - Barcelona MotoGP 2009)
cristiano78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #54
Rotten Ronnie
Crash
 
Rotten Ronnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian RA40XT View Post
Hihi
I also don't know what kind of advantage you got with this vehicle. It's slower than a motorbike you don't have any lean angle and the opportunity to get luggage with is very limited.

I think its just for fun....

The guy who owns this "bike" was very friendly and also very proud of it.. Soo..It's ok
We've seen more and more of these on the roads here in Canada, and the operators need to hold a motorcycle license to operate them, so they appeal to the crowd most likely to grab a handful mid apex.
__________________
Bikes I haven't managed to destroy yet:
2009 Kawasaki Versys 650

Ride Reports and other drivel:
http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.com/
Rotten Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #55
ullukk
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire
Oddometer: 98
Great photos christian, looks like you had a good time mate, skye, applecross and ullapool area is my favourite part of the uk, even in the summer it can sometimes feel that you almost have the place to yourself, theres not many parts of the uk where that will happen.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #56
Christian RA40XT OP
Don't Panic!
 
Christian RA40XT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ruhrpott, Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Great photos christian, looks like you had a good time mate, skye, applecross and ullapool area is my favourite part of the uk, even in the summer it can sometimes feel that you almost have the place to yourself, theres not many parts of the uk where that will happen.
Yeah you're right. There were so many areas where I could drive for hours without seeing someone else. I love that...
Christian RA40XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 AM   #57
saito
Adventurer
 
saito's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Gent, Belgium
Oddometer: 59
Nice pics and RR, thinking bout doing something simular this august.
Btw: are you happy with that tent? I've been looking round for a new one, and that one (the T2 Ultralight from decathlon right?) is on the list of possible's, any insights?
saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #58
Christian RA40XT OP
Don't Panic!
 
Christian RA40XT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ruhrpott, Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by saito View Post
Nice pics and RR, thinking bout doing something simular this august.
Btw: are you happy with that tent? I've been looking round for a new one, and that one (the T2 Ultralight from decathlon right?) is on the list of possible's, any insights?
Hi Saito....

Do it!! Scotland is great!!!!

Tent:
Its the T3 Ultralight from Decathlon...
I prefered this to the T2 because it has much more space inside...but it is not much bigger when it is packed up. An the weight is almost the same.

pro:
The tent is very easy and fast to pitch and strike.
Its really lightweight.. approx.3kg...
Its absolut waterproof
Its possible just to use the innertent for warm weather...
Packed up it needs not very much space (40x20cm)
The mosquitonet is "Midges-save" :-) Very important for Scotland...

con:
The Apsis is not very big
Just 1 Entrance
Not very much headroom...

I like this tent.. But I bought for the Scandinavian-Tour this year a new one with bigger apsises and a bit more headroom.

here is an insight..not a very good shot.. but you can see theres a lot of spave for one person with a lot of luggage ;-)

Christian RA40XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #59
saito
Adventurer
 
saito's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Gent, Belgium
Oddometer: 59
Thnx for the info
saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #60
tractor4play
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Oddometer: 105
scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian RA40XT View Post
Yeah you're right. There were so many areas where I could drive for hours without seeing someone else. I love that...
thanks a million for sharing the photos.scotland is surely a beautiful place.what time of the year did you travel and how did you find camping in the wild (any tips) goodluck ian.
tractor4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014