Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #31
Wattner OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,957
I have been looking for another seat to send to Renazco. I would sure like to try one out.. The seat concepts looks cool because it's wider at the rear.

Mendoteach, thanks for the kudos on the other "L"... I fired it up day before yesterday, took off out of the parking lot, clicked into second and wheelie d through fourth all the way to the stop sign...It made me smile all day long having my moment. I cannot wait until the new build is ready!! Maybe for Daytona? I'll go ride the dual sport and hit the trails.
The CRF stuff rotor and goodies look really nice... I do have the newer master cylinder... All of the Handlebar stuff is black, so I'll go with red levers. I caught the HDB guys before they shipped the set-up and had them add the anti-vibe insert, I hope to not have much vibration, but anything helps
Wattner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #32
Wattner OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the prompt on the seat... I just ordered a seat heater! Warm buns! With the grip heaters, I should be set for cool weather
Old 02-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #33
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,416
Renazco

I live about 50 miles from James Renazco and have an extra seat (just bought another whole bike to get a donor motor). I'll trade my seat for your old bike . Seriously, PM me if you're interested in the seat, it would save you shipping costs if I could just drop it off at his house. If you want James to build you a seat get in line now. When I had mine done a few years ago it was 3 month wait. It's all black with red stitching and my buddy's seat has black sides and a red top with black stitching. It like it better than mine. I did not get suede because he said it was a bit higher maintenance, but every time I see one I wish I had gone that route. SO PRETTY!
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #34
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
I have a brand new 4 gal clarke tank setting on the shelf if you like that better??? problem is you lose some range..

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #35
Wattner OP
Beastly Adventurer

PM sent!!!!! I'll take it, and have the black sides, red top, black stitching in suede... sounds really great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
I live about 50 miles from James Renazco and have an extra seat (just bought another whole bike to get a donor motor). I'll trade my seat for your old bike . Seriously, PM me if you're interested in the seat, it would save you shipping costs if I could just drop it off at his house. If you want James to build you a seat get in line now. When I had mine done a few years ago it was 3 month wait. It's all black with red stitching and my buddy's seat has black sides and a red top with black stitching. It like it better than mine. I did not get suede because he said it was a bit higher maintenance, but every time I see one I wish I had gone that route. SO PRETTY!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
chipbl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Here's the one they did for me, similar but all black with red stitching. The suede requires some treatment, they suggested using Pecard sealant at http://www.pecard.com/mm5/merchant.m...&Category_Code=

I do think the all "pigskin" might be easier to care for and more durable. Love the seat, well worth the wait!
Attached Images

chipbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #37
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
PM sent!!!!! I'll take it, and have the black sides, red top, black stitching in suede... sounds really great!

Nice.........i gotta get into the garage this weekend a start farkling the pig,,springs a comin

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #38
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Nice.........i gotta get into the garage this weekend a start farkling the pig,,springs a comin

B
You have 6 more months of winter yet..you have plenty of time..