ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,195
CannonRides

Some of you know I host a few rides each season. Rather than clutter up Central with individual ride threads each time one of them comes up, I thought it would be better to deal with it all in one place. Normally I would announce these in the Wisconsin Area Rides/Events thread, but I can see that it will be too difficult of manage some of this over time in that thread due to confusing overlap between Cannon sponsored events.

Since people have been asking about some of this, I guess it is time to get started. The first get-together will soon be on us (I hope)!

I have a lot of tracks out there already that people can ride on their own. This year I have some new material that is either ready to ride or in the works. Some needs a final proof so I can put it up for download.

Once the season starts, I plan to get some weekend dual sport rides coordinated. We had some fun with those in the early season last year.

At least one ride will be set up for less experienced riders that want a comfortable track and pace. (Also avoiding what could be troubling sand for some.) Let me know if you are specifically interested in this kind of ride.

Coordinating these weekend trips gives people the opportunity to show up and ride without having to scout, map, schedule riding buddies, or do much planning for gas and the like.

I've got a few bigger projects going as well and we'll see what happens with those. Looks like some get-togethers will be out of region. Looks like some Canada DS as well. Too early to get into that stuff right now.

If you are interested in joining in on some of these rides, let me know. I'll publish details about individual rides as details evolve.

For now I am trying to gauge the interest in CannonTreks for the season. I'm not sure what is going on with those yet so I need to get a little info to consider for planning. CannonTreks are four day small/medium DS rides that circle the UP. They are limited to 19 riders and are best for more experienced riders as the pace can be fast and the days can be long. RR here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584986

Step one in this process is to find out if there appropriately experienced riders that have never been on a CannonTrek before that are seriously interested in riding one.

If you have never been on a CannonTrek before, let me know if you are interested. I'll see what kind of response I get and see what I can sort out from there.

PM me if you have never been on a Trek and are interested in it.

If you think you are interested in some of the weekend rides, put a comment in the thread so I can get a feel for the interest.

Putting together some of these things takes much more effort than is visible, so please take that into consideration.

Yes, I think there will be opportunities for TrekVets as well, but I am not to that point yet.
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,312
I've decided to stay closer to home next summer and go on more weekend rides in the region. Therefore, I am interested in these rides.

I really appreciate the effort you expend in researching and organizing these things.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Monty_Burns
Excellent.

Oddometer: 1,278
Weekend Rides

Weekend rides are good with me. I've got a KLR250 I need to break-in.
Monty_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,685
Thanks for all you do with these, Bryan. The information and riding you share is superior (joke intended) to what a lot of pro tour provide.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
gettr
Team Turtle

Oddometer: 686
Weekend rides!
gettr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
sideshow
debaser

Oddometer: 2,777
The weekend rides I attended last year were a lot of fun. I'm interested in doing more.
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 AM   #7
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,646
I'd be interested in a weekend day ride similar to the one I attended last year.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
ribmtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Weekend Rides

I am interested in the weekend rides. I had a great time last spring riding, and met some new riding, mountan biking and dh skiing friends as well.

Tim
ribmtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
kckeeny
Poor Bastard

Oddometer: 3,312
please

I'd like one of those slower paced, less experienced CannonTrecks. Ive never been on a ds ride... thats part of the reason that i bought the Enduro bike- to ride DS in da UP.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,522
Definitely in!!!!

Da' wife would probably be interested in one of the "slower paced" rides....I'll be glad to help out on any of those as well.
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #11
madDUC_dj
Just wanna ride, A LOT

Oddometer: 16
weekend rides/cannontrek

I would be interested in both the weekend rides and a cannontrek. More the weekend rides due to the tiny amount of vacation I get!!!
2006 SUZUKI DRZ400, Blue
2004 HARELY Heritage Softail Classic, Silver/Red(SOLD, replaced with Tiger 800XC)
madDUC_dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
vwdrvr66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Weekend Rides A++++

Very interested in weekend rides. Summer seems to go fast, along with the vacation time.
vwdrvr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,061
Cannon, you once told me that husband/wife duos are not allowed to go on the same Treks together....does this go for the weekend DS rides too?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #14
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 2,108
With my current layoff status, I'm able to ride any day of the week. Never rode a "trek", but would love too. Any 1-2 day DS rides/scouting trips suit me best (funds) in the northern Wisconsin/U.P. area.
Daamud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
Cannon, you once told me that husband/wife duos are not allowed to go on the same Treks together....does this go for the weekend DS rides too?

Too much stress and aggravation for some couples to deal with over an extended period. I would hope that couples could keep the lid on for a day or weekend ride. Might be better to split them up in the group though.
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote