ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #2041
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 69,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. In the US, the first year model was called a 2005 and in other countries a 2004. Not sure about other north american nations.
Same with the 1993/1994 R11RS. I think that's the same with the R90S, but I could be wrong...
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #2042
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer
 
dmac57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. In the US, the first year model was called a 2005 and in other countries a 2004. Not sure about other north american nations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
Same with the 1993/1994 R11RS. I think that's the same with the R90S, but I could be wrong...
Gawdamighty. Old coot alert!


Wait...


I might resemble that remark.

__________________
"Everybody's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer."
- W. C. Fields
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #2043
sgnden
Adventurer
 
sgnden's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: The Front Range(s)
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMaa View Post
And so is your grammar.
Nice Avatar...

I've never seen anyone else with that shot and I've been using it for years. Good taste!
sgnden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #2044
BMWORBUST
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 499
I am fuck'n drunk and BMW makes the best fuck'n bikes
BMWORBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #2045
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot
 
BeeMaa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: NoVA
Oddometer: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnden View Post
Nice Avatar...

I've never seen anyone else with that shot and I've been using it for years. Good taste!
Thanks.
I saw your post and thought it was me.
Sorry I highjacked it from you.

Cheers.
__________________
Eric B
'06 R12GSA/Hack & '10 R12GSA

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #2046
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 18,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post
Gawdamighty. Old coot alert!


Wait...


I might resemble that remark.

__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #2047
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Did you guys consider the Triumph 1200 Explorer?
Engine is great I read but the 1250GS is something I need to see first.
I wouldn't mind a different engine from the 2010 but maybe the water cooling changes the engine a bit,
in what way I'm not sure, will have to wait and see...
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #2048
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: So.Central PA
Oddometer: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Did you guys consider the Triumph 1200 Explorer?
Engine is great I read but the 1250GS is something I need to see first.
I wouldn't mind a different engine from the 2010 but maybe the water cooling changes the engine a bit,
in what way I'm not sure, will have to wait and see...
I have and it is clearly more of a "modern" bike than the GS. Rode them back to back. The 1250gs doesn't seem like it will appear until late 2013 though. Who can wait that long? I'm frustrated by this. Wanted the BMW but this year or spring time at the very latest!

So wanted a GSA but this explorer has me a bit ruined.
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #2049
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 69,142
I just dig riding boxers. I've spent 35 years on them and love the powerplant.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #2050
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"
 
darmahman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Oddometer: 3,030





Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
I just dig riding boxers. I've spent 35 years on them and love the powerplant.
__________________
ABC# - 4011
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” Honest Abe
The last honest politician to come out of Illinois
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #2051
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer
 
yellowbirdrs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Ags. MX
Oddometer: 966
just saw this new photo
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #2052
7mary4
Ponch
 
7mary4's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fountain Hills
Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
R1250ST!



Same glorious headlight!

Jim
I was hoping for a K1600GSA.
__________________
Ponch
VROC 8109-R
KawaNOW 19
2009 BMW R1200RT "Hans Eric" 7M4
http://www.mymotorrad.com
7mary4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #2053
GP1200
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Oddometer: 376
Sorry for my ignorance if this has been known for a while. I wasn't about to read 137 pages of this thread. Just got back from a dealer and he claims the GSA will remain air/oil cooled and the GS will be water cooled with cruise control available.
Is this the feedback others have ?
GP1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #2054
Crilly
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Wi/Az
Oddometer: 776
I'm not sure anybody at BMW knows for sure
Crilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #2055
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1200 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance if this has been known for a while. I wasn't about to read 137 pages of this thread. Just got back from a dealer and he claims the GSA will remain air/oil cooled and the GS will be water cooled with cruise control available.
Is this the feedback others have ?
Its all speculation at this point. BMW has not announced anything to dealers yet.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015