User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #5806
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Great summary, only I love my 2010 GS, BMW: Lets bring on the LC-GSA, that will get my attention.
I want: Taller shield and seat, larger tank, more clearance, a bit more power.
A bit more power won't be that much of an issue for the LC. Since they work now with the split camshaft it's much easier to increase the HP and change their torque curve as well.

My guess is that they will alter the torque curves in the coming years
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #5807
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Love the looks of the blue one.....different but so BMW.
If I look at the blue with no preconceived notions, it is a fine color, and I actually think all 4 colors look really sharp. But as I attended NC State University, my hatred for the University of North Carolina's "Carolina Blue" knows no bounds . The R1200GS blue is a little more vibrant looking in pictures than Carolina Blue but it is still too close for my tastes. Plus my car is already blue (Subaru World Rally Blue FTW!), so I want something a little different. Still undecided on the red or white though.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5808
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
If I look at the blue with no preconceived notions, it is a fine color, and I actually think all 4 colors look really sharp. But as I attended NC State University, my hatred for the University of North Carolina's "Carolina Blue" knows no bounds . The R1200GS blue is a little more vibrant looking in pictures than Carolina Blue but it is still too close for my tastes. Plus my car is already blue (Subaru World Rally Blue FTW!), so I want something a little different. Still undecided on the red or white though.
Go for thunder grey then!
RichBMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #5809
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
My thoughts exactly. Not that they would exaggerate in the marketing brochure ;) but the part of esa must be is sales talk ;)
His comments to the dynamic ESA and ride modes on the new 1200GS LC was that there is a huge difference between the new 1200GS LC with dynamic ESA and the former 1200GS. Maybe I should have written that you will experience a bigger difference between the new 1200GS LC and the former handling wise if you choose to have dynamic ESA on your new 1200GS LC. If you choose not to have dynamic ESA then the handling is not that much different from the former 1200GS. Then some people will say, what is then the point in upgrading to the new 1200GS LC. The Sport mode on the new 1200GS LC makes it handle even more sporty then ever before and the Enduro Pro mode makes it even more usable as an off-road bike.

According to this guy the info was that BMW Motorrad expect that 80-90% of all new 1200GS LC will be configured with the new dynamic ESA. I have chosen dynamic ESA for my own bike but it may not be for everyone.

Max :-)
MaxReving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #5810
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulW View Post
You can already get a taller seat, the screen if we are to believe BMW is good as it is and why would you need more power. You definitely do NOT need more clearance - the whole point of semiactive ESA is to change the spring rate dynamically. This provides the same end result as having more suspension travel with a fixed preload, only better - starts off softer and as the suspension compresses gets stiffer. It knows when it is about to bottom out as it measures the suspension movement dynamically. Damn clever these Germans

My bet is that all you will get is the same bike exactly except perhaps for a larger tank. Just my 2 cents worth from a knarly old engineer
I'm 6'7" and every inch helps

Now that we're at it, those hand-guards would make for great LED turn signals.

tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #5811
Rauven
I like the cold...

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReving View Post
His comments to the dynamic ESA and ride modes on the new 1200GS LC was that there is a huge difference between the new 1200GS LC with dynamic ESA and the former 1200GS. Maybe I should have written that you will experience a bigger difference between the new 1200GS LC and the former handling wise if you choose to have dynamic ESA on your new 1200GS LC. If you choose not to have dynamic ESA then the handling is not that much different from the former 1200GS. Then some people will say, what is then the point in upgrading to the new 1200GS LC. The Sport mode on the new 1200GS LC makes it handle even more sporty then ever before and the Enduro Pro mode makes it even more usable as an off-road bike.

According to this guy the info was that BMW Motorrad expect that 80-90% of all new 1200GS LC will be configured with the new dynamic ESA. I have chosen dynamic ESA for my own bike but it may not be for everyone.

Max :-)
I have nothing against ESA, my bike is ordered with it :) I think it might be usefull, definately fun but not really a must have. I've driven all my life without dynamic suspension and I somehow survived. Sometimes when You listen to salespeople it's like listening to an infomercial. After a while You start to wonder how the hell did You survive all your life without that fancy-shmancy made in china egg opening and separating device

When I was ordering the configuration for my bike I decided I don't need tire pressure sensors. And I was told a chilling story how one of the customers' life was saved by it, that he was driving for quite a while on a flat tire, and if it wasn't for the sensors he would have died on the first turn... And it made me go a bit 'wtf' inside. How the hell can you drive on a flat tire and not notice that, few psi less and any normal rider feels the floating ;) But a sales pitch is a sales pitch
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #5812
paco fernandez
Mexico

Oddometer: 64
mexico

paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #5813
paco fernandez
Mexico

radiator

[img][/img]
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #5814
paco fernandez
Mexico

water cooled

Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #5815
paco fernandez
Mexico

Led

Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #5816
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,811
Just a slight hint: none of your images work here.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #5817
paco fernandez
Mexico

gps kit

Old 03-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #5818
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Just a slight hint: none of your images work here.
Nope, nothing
RichBMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #5819
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 2,973
Your dropbox sharing done wrong...
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #5820
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Nope, nothing
Well, on iPhone/iPad I can at least see a white box with an red question mark in it while I can't see the animated GIF I've posted above :-)
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote