Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #46
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
I don't see the boxer engine on the page 1 picture, do I?
Could it be the new 1200 Triumph, Triumph's seem to look like BMW's but they are not BMW's
Why would I move the shaft drive to the left?

Is there a competition among the manufacturers to see who can come up with the biggest most ridiculous exhaust or do the press bikes come with grape fruit shooters stolen from some modified honda civic just to disguise the new bike?
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:29 AM   #47
Semper Fi
Runs with Scissors

Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by facetjoint View Post
I'm betting on the price of the thing that a potential buyer best be looking for a part time job and a paper route and pick up aluminum cans on the side.
That doesn't help me - I'm already doing that for the current bike
IBA #35651
Semper Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #48
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
What better way for BMW to dispel all the worries about reliability than to get Ewan & Charlie to commit to their "Long Way Up" tour next year for their ride from South America to Newfoundland on the water cooled GS's.

(None of this is based on any shred of fact, sounds good though ;-)

Should there be any truth to this and neither Ewan or Charlie can make it, I will gladly volunteer my services as a Guinea pig for this event

In reality though, if the water-cooled rumor becomes fact, it is a good thing I just got a 2010 GS, I won't have any 'inklings' to upgrade for the next few years, by then the bugs should have been all worked out.
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #49
BMWRich
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
I welcome the idea of "water cooled".. The so called "weight issue" is no biggie. Manufacturers have "water cooled" bikes for years,even dirt bikes which are put through a hell'va lot worse conditions. Weight will always be shaved off some how,some way.

And,there will always be those who want the "latest and greatest" in gadgets. We all have different wants an needs. And their will always be a *new idea* incorporated on the latest model.
I just feel that some of these *ideas* should be kept as options instead of
standard equipment :ie antenna ring/chipped key as in security option.

I am all for *keeping it *simple* but improvements are what got us to the next generation of bikes in the first place.
If your against these *improvements* buy an older bike without them...simple as that, or like me,*hope* they make them optional.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #50
i_isntreal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHAPPY View Post
no worries, they put the new FD on backwards so you can change it without kneeling half in the driving lane

There, fixed. Back on the side it is supposed to be.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #51
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
That doesn't help me - I'm already doing that for the current bike
ah....... oh my
great post

seriously...
i just bought my '11
and farkled it into almost into oblivion
now..... this
such is life

i have my eye on a DIAVEL, anyway....

Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #52
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbirdrs View Post
it's says 8 valves DOHC engine double plug fuel injection 1270cc with a 14.5kg of torque and 128 bhp. New front beak and the headlight like the one in the F800
They can get dyno specs from a spy photo? I somehow doubt it...

I was figuring they'd go to 150Hp. Should be easy to do.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #53
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Antonio

Antonio who wrote the article has an interesting Facebook profile picture

Somebody caught the 2012 Triumph Trophy road testing in Spain last November...do they all have to look like BMW's?

tallguy-09 screwed with this post 02-04-2011 at 08:51 PM
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #54
Mike E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
http://gslifebmw.blogspot.com/

Via Google Translate:

Details: The new boxer engine externally looks the same, but the first thing you notice is that the shaft is on the left side and the single exhaust system, high, is on the right side, totally in contrast to the R 1200. The cylinders, with a slight fluttering, totally changed: the exhaust manifold out through the bottom and admission is on the upper surface of the cylinder, now in the opposite direction of travel ", with very straight lines. Obviously, the engine is an eight-valve, DOHC, twin spark and fuel injection, although its displacement would be about 1,270 cc, it would give a torque of 14.5 kgm and a power close to 128 hp. What about the radiator? Well camouflaged between the plastic covers and front fenders, which, though different, retain some similarity to the current model. The front of the bike is brand new, more aerodynamic, with a different high fenders and a new asymmetrical headlamps, similar to the F 800.

For now, these are all we could gather data on future R 1300 GS with liquid cooled boxer engine. Given the lateness of its development, the bike seems very well finished, "do not be surprised that the new GS came into production in September this year and give marketing beginning in early 2012. We will be watching.

These are the main new features:
MOTOR liquid cooling of inlet and outlet placed in the top and bottom of the cylinder respectively.
RADIATOR cooling above the rocker Telelever, tucked between the plastic and the front fenders.
CARDAN located on the left side of the bike, totally unlike the current R 1200 engine.
QUIET exhaust exit on the right side. Hold the shaft on the left side there is no room for the passage of the collector. Look at the bags in the other photo.
FRONT modified with new leadership, plastics, fenders, fender high and optical. It closely resembles an actual Adventure R 1200 GS, but different.
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #55
JStancampiano
PhotoJoe

Oddometer: 379
But, and here's the big one....can it run on E15???????
Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #56
Mike E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
http://solomoto.es/articulo/12968083...e-bmw-ya-rueda

Again, via Google translate:

Very fast work of the Bayerische Motoren Werke, a lot. Following the launch of its six cylinders, the K 1600 GT, the renewal of its R 1200 R and the development of future work as the maxi-scooter and electric scooter, the next revolution, the nth-generation boxer engine is already running. And the test are that we showed you spy photos of poor quality, what matters is not quality, but the news. Typically, the bikes were rolling late this year to begin to occur in September 2012, but no, the bikes fitted with the new liquid-cooled boxer has started to roll now, and are circulating in our country.

The news came to the writing by one of our readers, Gerard Llauradó. Owner of a R 1200 GS, while driving his company car in his rearview mirror he saw a couple of bikes that came near him. He quickly realized that those bikes were slightly different from yours, so took the phone and managed to shoot two good pictures, which we showed in these here. Gerard tells you: "I send this e-mail to show you three pictures that I have them today in the area of Tarragona to what appear to be two new R 1200 GS Adventure model. I have one, and when he saw him in the mirror, I first thought that there were two F 800 GS, because they were not like mine and showed a picture lighter and slimmer. After chasing a few kilometers at a speed not very wise, I've been able to do these two photos. Apologies for the right quality, are made from my mobile phone and running. The truth is that really surprised me because I had no idea that BMW had its renovation so advanced. "

Details
The new boxer engine externally looks the same, but the first thing you notice is that the shaft is on the left side and the single exhaust system, high, is on the right side, totally in contrast to the R 1200. The cylinders, with a slight fluttering, totally changed: the exhaust manifold out through the bottom and admission is on the upper surface of the cylinder, now in the opposite direction of travel ", with very straight lines. Obviously, the engine is an eight-valve, DOHC, twin spark and fuel injection, although its displacement would be about 1,270 cc, it would give a torque of 14.5 kgm and a power close to 128 hp. What about the radiator? Well camouflaged between the plastic covers and front fenders, which, though different, retain some similarity to the current model. The front of the bike is brand new, more aerodynamic, with a different high fenders and a new asymmetrical headlamps, similar to the F 800.

For now, these are all we could gather data on future R 1300 GS with liquid cooled boxer engine. Given the lateness of its development, the bike seems very well finished, "do not be surprised that the new GS came into production in September this year and give marketing beginning in early 2012. We will be watching.

These are the main new features:
MOTOR liquid cooling of inlet and outlet placed in the top and bottom of the cylinder respectively.
RADIATOR cooling above the rocker Telelever, tucked between the plastic and the front fenders.
CARDAN located on the left side of the bike, totally unlike the current R 1200 engine.
QUIET exhaust exit on the right side. Hold the shaft on the left side there is no room for the passage of the collector. Look at the bags in the other photo.
FRONT modified with new leadership, plastics, fenders, fender high and optical. It closely resembles an actual Adventure R 1200 GS, but different.
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #57
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
The BMW "K" bikes have the shaft drive on the left. Perhaps they moved the shaft to the left on the new GS so they could use common parts or at least a common design.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #58
EddMc
are we there yet

Oddometer: 269
I am the noob here why are you making the noob mistakes.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657113

2007 R1200GS
1997 XR400R
EddMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #59
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

I keep it with Jack Rebney (greatest RV salesman of all times): "Do you believe any of that shit?"
Somehow I'm not convinced that this is actually a BMW...
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #60
Ritchard
ZoomZoom

Oddometer: 108
The Diavel looks like it was designed by the same people who brought us 1980s Subarus. Yech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
ah....... oh my
great post

seriously...
i just bought my '11
and farkled it into almost into oblivion
now..... this
such is life

i have my eye on a DIAVEL, anyway....