User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #6466
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,062
Unbelievable.

Sorry to say I am actually annoyed by you. What is wrong? You live in a nice shiny place, is there reason for all this steam? People (like you and me) living in nice places where the sun shines where others have to live with rain like 60% of the year, should be more relaxed.

So you hate every bit of the bike (and actually the previous versions that someone tricked you into buying obviously). Well good for you that you are now wiser.
We now know your feelings, even though we did not ask.

Can we move along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
How do you adjust the handlebars without a Torx socket? How do you adjust the angle of the levers (not the distance from the handlebar) without a matching Torx? Could you help with your infinite wisdom about homework?
Actually no, I won't.
If you are interested so much, go find the answer yourself instead of assuming it.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #6467
Blane Kamp
Blane GM BMWMCGR

Oddometer: 1
R1200GS WC in Marrakech

Did the BMW dealer ride in Marrakech last Thursday. What a bike! Better coverage, more power, more torque and the modes to choose from. It is going to be my next bike. I am a BMW dealer, so I may be a bit bias, but it was one of the most entertaining rides I've ever been on. The bike feels lighter than the previous model and handles better. It's a rocket in dynamic mode, has rain mode for learning to ride a big enduro and enduro pro for the guys in the know! They should be out next week and all the dealers get their demos first. Check it out and see what you think.
Blane Kamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #6468
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
People (like you and me) living in nice places where the sun shines where others have to live with rain like 60% of the year, should be more relaxed.
(and back to sleep)

Btw: I'm not annoyed by the bike. I think it's a great bike. I might buy one once the (potential) initial issues are solved. BMW unfortunately doesn't have such a good track record with newly developed bikes and cars that I personally want to deal with a first year edition. The things that have come up so far are no big deals as far as I'm concerned, but the bikes have been in owner's hands for just a few days so I'll watch it a year or so. I'm just annoyed by the "corner cutting" that happens everywhere where people can get away with it.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #6469
schisi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
How do you adjust the handlebars without a Torx socket? How do you adjust the angle of the levers (not the distance from the handlebar) without a matching Torx? Could you help with your infinite wisdom about homework?
BMW is super wise... the screwdriver is not only also a funky oil filler cap opener... if you reverse it, you will get a T25 torx ....
schisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #6470
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
no comment....
igorpetrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #6471
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by schisi View Post
BMW is super wise... the screwdriver is not only also a funky oil filler cap opener... if you reverse it, you will get a T25 torx ....
That's interesting, so it might help with adjusting the levers up and down, but not with adjusting the handle bars back and forth. That needed an E8 or E10 or whatever it was. They are also a bit harder to get locally.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #6472
V@lentino
Inspektor

Oddometer: 815
I had a very enthusiastic conversation with Pascal, the owner of the dealership in Vicotria, BC. He also just came back from Moroco and was equally enthusiastic about the bike, commented on the same points you just did, are you guys on script

He did suggest though that for a rider planning trips any further than a few hundred km to wait before all the initial service bulletins and software upgrades have been dealt with, before committing to a longer trip.

Honestly he did seem genuinely excited about the bike and said that he would let me know when their received model was plated so I could take it for a spin.

I think one might be in my future, but I will wait for the ADV model to make its way to the market, and for the initial bugs to be ironed out.

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #6473
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,139
Just talked to San Jose BMW....My Vario Cases and Vario Back Box are on the shelf waiting for my new WC GS.... He has the tank bag for the new bike also. Waiting for my bike arrival any day now. It will be the first bike delivered out of the new store.. Can't wait.....

The bike will have all the options, but with cast wheels and stainless exhaust, white in color. This will be the best Fly and Ride ever.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #6474
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
I have one on order too. All the options except I chose cast wheels and no Vario luggage. I live in AZ and haven't heard a peep from the dealership as to a delivery date.

Instead of Varios or aluminum boxes I am thinking about Wolfman Rocky Mountain side bags on the Wolfman/Briggs side racks. Of course they don't make the side racks yet so I contacted Briggs and told him I'd ride my bike to him so that he has an exemplar to work with. Gotta get the bike first though.

http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?...product_id=312
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #6475
tagesk
Tuscan rider

Oddometer: 3,199
Quote:
A car isn't going to fall over somewhere either due to the rider's or some other person's doing. You can't re-adjust the handguards, the levers, the mirrors (not sure, the two spanners might be good enough), or any other thing.
Sir,
I would simply love to see you adjust the mirrors on a 40.000 euro Audi (or BMW for that matter) beyond what the manufacturer though you might fancy.
Or the pedals, or the size of the steering wheel. Or whatever.

And that a car is never going to let you down, well, Sir, I laud you for the cars you choose. Must be Toyota.

I am very happy that you can choose NOT to get the new 16.000 euro GS because it comes without your 5 euro favorite tool. Or even 10 euro favorite tool. Or 15. We're still within 1 per/mille.
I am particularly as I hope you'll lose interest in this thread now that you have found found the deal breaker.

[TaSK]
Proud contributor to Wisdom and GSpot FAQ and European Ride Report Index.
IBA: 33616
tagesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #6476
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Quote:
That's interesting, so it might help with adjusting the levers up and down, but not with adjusting the handle bars back and forth. That needed an E8 or E10 or whatever it was. They are also a bit harder to get locally.
No. Do your homework.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #6477
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagesk View Post
[TaSK]
Habemus Papam!
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #6478
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
no comment....
(cool... is there a survival kit in there or something?)

Indeed no comments.
If you want some comments though, I can comment on how many times my KTM 950 friend has been to the dealer (and for how serious things) and how many times I have been. We both have our bikes around 6+ years.

Also you know... 12GS doesn't have fuses.

I wonder. Do you guys find personal pleasure in doing this on GS threads?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #6479
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
(cool... is there a survival kit in there or something?)

Indeed no comments.
If you want some comments though, I can comment on how many times my KTM 950 friend has been to the dealer (and for how serious things) and how many times I have been. We both have our bikes around 6+ years.

Also you know... 12GS doesn't have fuses.

I wonder. Do you guys find personal pleasure in doing this on GS threads?
we have such a complete tool kit because the bike falls apart every week end

Honestly I read e respect your therad without interfiring, but when I sow the photo of the gs tool kit I though it's unbelivable, I could't resist is showing you what one competitor approched the issue, sorry!
I won't white in this thread any longer
igorpetrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #6480
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
we have such a complete tool kit because the bike falls apart every week end

Honestly I read e respect your therad without interfiring, but when I sow the photo of the gs tool kit I though it's unbelivable, I could't resist is showing you what one competitor approched the issue, sorry!
I won't white in this thread any longer
Don't sweat it. I liked the picture. There's enough room in the world for both BMW and KTM and their proud owners!
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote