Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #7186
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReving View Post
Nice ride. Congrats. Looks like you have got the coding plug for the Enduro Pro mode installed. Is that right?

Max :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe40Q View Post
Yes it does. It comes with all but spokes, LED HL and TPM. Fine with me for now. Break in starts at noon tomorrow.
Great news, if this is right then it seams as if the software update for the onboard computer/instrument has been released and is now being installed at the dealers.

Can anybody else confirm this?

MaxReving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 AM   #7187
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Loboe View Post
Sorry. Disagree. I took one look at WC (water closet) GS at a local dealer today and nearly lost my lunch.

BMW has "jumped the shark".

I predict that the air/oil cooled bikes will retain the base following until such a time as their numbers have dwindled so as to make them as rare as an Indian Four.

The bike I saw today had as much appeal as an agricultural pumping station, and the motor looked reminiscent of one.

I'd go back to KTM if I was going to do another dual sport.

The thing I saw today was...impure...unholy.
Did you test ride the new 1200GS LC (liquid cooled) ? I can understand that the looks of this new GS (as well as previous GS models) doesn't appeal to all but judging it like you have done without riding it first might take a positive surprise away from you.

Reading your further comments it seams as you are more into a KTM or a sports car. I can highly recommend a Ferrari 458 but I am not so sure about the KTM.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #7188
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,934
Well I was set to have my first full day on the new bike today Then I woke up, looked out the window and its snowed ALL NIGHT, and is coming down heavy. Another weekend of no riding
Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #7189
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Well I was set to have my first full day on the new bike today Then I woke up, looked out the window and its snowed ALL NIGHT, and is coming down heavy. Another weekend of no riding
Same here. National open house and introduction weekend for the LC at the dealers, and snowing heavily
Was hoping for a quick test ride today
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #7190
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspice1972 View Post
So, my local dealer had a little "splash party" for the new WC GS.. They have a demo and one customer's bike in already. Neither have the LEDs - one's completely bare bones and one's got most everything but the LED. In any case, me and one of the shop guys got to talking and wondered about the fate of the non-WC 2013 GSs sitting on the floor. Will BMW continue to make the non-WC version, or phase it out in favor of the WC 2013? Hmmmmmm.......
Well this is predetermined. 12GS is the first with WC, next are RT and GSA I recon. ALL boxers will eventually be replaced. It doesn't make sense to keep the old version.

That said, the non-WC used-market will hopefully be ok. Why? Because 12GS WC or no-WC is a GREAT bike. The non-WC held the crown for virtually the total of its 9 years on the planet. Also remember (examples above) there are people that for some reason say the non-WC is the last real boxer. Well fine with me, take mine. I remember when I ordered my 07 GS, a colleague was almost begging me to buy a good used 1150GSA as to his mind THAT was the last real GS or something (something that 1100GS owners I am sure disagreed). Oh I remember the never ending discussions about the much plastic 12GS had over 1150 bullet-proof design... After 6 years with my "plastic" GS I can testify it took the suffering of my treatment not just good, but fantastic. I also remember how 12GSA release was a good excuse for some 1150GSA owners to make the switch, as "finally BMW realized what people liked in 1150GS" (erm... hint... 1200GSA is MORE plastic than 1200GS... and both 12GS and 12GSA were selling like hot cakes anyway). The excuses people need to make to justify consumer decisions (BAD decisions, or just inability), it is even funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe40Q View Post
Yes it does. It comes with all but spokes, LED HL and TPM. Fine with me for now. Break in starts at noon tomorrow.
While the Pro plug looks weird WITHOUT spokes, please give us more info.
1) Did you ask if they did that update that fixes the problem that PREVENTED them from giving the plug before?
2) Was the plug for free? (the only reason to see someone without spokes getting it)

Quote:
Did you test ride the new 1200GS LC (liquid cooled) ? I can understand that the looks of this new GS (as well as previous GS models) doesn't appeal to all but judging it like you have done without riding it first might take a positive surprise away from you.

Reading your further comments it seams as you are more into a KTM or a sports car. I can highly recommend a Ferrari 458 but I am not so sure about the KTM.

Max don't bother. I initially thought of replying myself, but there is no point.
Seen the story like 3-4 times before, just with the GS (this because I am just 39).

Just a detail everybody seems to miss or forget: The new GS STILL has a 65% AIR cooling. Which was 78% in the last version. BOTH are partially liquid cooled (last version oil, new one water based coolant).

Even HD was mentioned. I won't open that can of worms (many people would hate me).

Anyway, if someone wants to stay classic, I suggest an R51.

NLS screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 03:24 AM
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #7191
mrjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
This weekend last year I did a 2 day tour around Wales on my GT 20 degrees and sunny! Well and truly snowed in here in the Peak district hills.

I had my run in service done Thursday 140 ish for your future reference, still no sign of the Akras, and I followed your example and ordered a tinted screen, but no sign of that either.
I also bumped into the tyre rep, he spoke to Metzler direct as he used to work for them, the word is they have only supplied BMW with the tourance next so far. He said the tyre goes into consumer production first week in April, and expect 2 weeks after that for them to hit the shops, so watch out for nails everyone
They spotted during the service that a little rubber grommet had fallen off from one of the battery compartment fasteners, so thats being replaced.I've not opened the battery compartment so far so it must have fallen out in transit, the tech guy says they're going to be constantly falling out. ( que the bike press headlines- new GS looses 10p rubber grommet disaster, how could BMW launch a bike with such a critical fault?)
Anyway, I installed an optimate pigtail, and the only other thing in the battery compartment is the diagnostic port, and my GS911 wont work with this model so I won't need to open the compartment again.
mrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #7192
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulW View Post
Thanks for that, hoping as is often the case on the coast that we miss the worst of it. Must remember to take my camera
Are you still collecting your bike today Paul? Weather doesn't look too clever here
Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #7193
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Max don't bother. I initially thought of replying myself, but there is no point.
Seen the story like 3-4 times before, just with the GS (this because I am just 39).
You are right. Maybe I should just ignore him and all other similar persons who do not contribute anything positive or constructive to this forum. Why is it that such people bother and post here in this forum? What is it they want to achieve? Is it because they are looking for confirmation that their choice is the right thing if they chose to buy another motorcycle than a new 1200GS? Then they come to the wrong forum. Do they really think that all of us who have already decided to buy a new 1200GS and those who are considering buying a new 1200GS, will give them positive and constructive feedback when they commence their dialogue with the negative and emotional speech. No, they will be greeted by similar negative responses and irony.

Why is it that we spend time on a forum like this? Well it is of pure interest in the new 1200GS LC and not much else. All the little technical details on this new motorcycle is discussed and almost nothing is left unturned and experience and positive comments are being exchanged. Anyone in the market for the new 1200GS can in this forum find lots of information about the technical details of this new motorcycle, as well as comments on the technical solutions and ease of use (and use) of all the new technical features. Some positive and some negative. There are many people in this forum that will be more than helpful, if a new user has questions and seek advice about purchasing a new 1200GS LC? I'd love to spend time to come up with constructive comments to a serious and positive user.

I will never start to post negative comments in other bike forum and bitch about Harleys and KTMs, what is the point. So to all of you who have nothing else to write than negative comments: Leave this forum and remember to close the door behind you.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #7194
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
With all the snow over there it is a perfect day to take some more photos of your bike and post them here. Lets see the details of some of your added accessories.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #7195
atg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Photos

Hello;

I would greatly appreciate if someone could post some pictures of the under the seats and battery compartments.

Warm regards to all from Brazil !!

Andre
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #7196
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Maybe the best video from the One World tour yet:

Comment: Only in America

Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #7197
AA5IB
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
Same here. National open house and introduction weekend for the LC at the dealers, and snowing heavily
Was hoping for a quick test ride today
My dealer emailed me saying they had the demo bike setup so come try it out. Supposed to be partly cloudy and 85 degrees today, so a good day to take him up on his offer. Sorry you all are suffering through bad weather.

My bike was supposed to be built yesterday, so now the wait starts for delivery.
'09 R1200 HP2 Sport
www.randyeads.com
"I don't know where we're going, but we're makin' good time." (Stacy Dean Campbell, "Makin' Good Time")
AA5IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #7198
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
With all the snow over there it is a perfect day to take some more photos of your bike and post them here. Lets see the details of some of your added accessories.

Good point Give me a while and I'll pop to the garage

In the meantime......

Touratech engine guard

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #7199
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,094
I'd like someone to actually weight the whole sh*tload of things you get from TT and W (me guilty of the same charges), so that we know how badly we need to go on a diet to compensate.

This makes me think of those Japanese supersports with their revisions presenting things like "new model 300grams lighter because of use of fewer and lighter bolts". I mean come on... this is less grams than a visit to the King's Throne Room.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #7200
jerryj
Lets Ride

Oddometer: 63
Filler Neck Mod

Went and traded for a new GS LC yesterday.A little chilly so I trailered for the 1 3/4 hr drive.Got it home and was looking it over trying to get the smile off my face.I opened the gas cap and looked in only to find a 5 in. tube going down into the tank.I knew it was there so you don't overfill and leave room for expandtion.Well me being me I cant leave anything alone.So I proceeded to take the gas cap off the tank.First you have take the center tank section of the bodywork off.Three screws on the front and two on the back.There are four clips holding bodywork on after you take the screws out,so it takes a pretty good tug to get it off.Dis connect two drain hoses and remove the six screws and the gas cap assembly lifts right out.To shorten the tube I was reaching for my hack saw just as I was to begin I looked at it a little closer.I grabbed the bottom part of the tube,give it a quarter turn and the bottom three ins. come off.Now I reassembled and looked down the filler neck and there is probably room for a half gallon more fuel .

That was my first mod to my new bike and it was only home an hour.

Well I guess I will now go and change my signature to reflect my recent purchase Jerry
jerryj is offline   Reply With Quote