Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #8836
AA5IB
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
My first two tanks netted 46 MPG. Those miles were running under 60 MPH on back roads, before the running-in service.

Riding at highway speeds, the mileage has dropped to 42-43.

I hand-calculated these figures.

The numbers tend to jibe with the calculations from the on-board computer.
I'm getting about the same. I filled up with 198 miles on the trip odometer and the computer showing I had 27 miles of range left. I put 4.6 gallons in it.
'09 R1200 HP2 Sport
www.randyeads.com
"I don't know where we're going, but we're makin' good time." (Stacy Dean Campbell, "Makin' Good Time")
AA5IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #8837
paulW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
I asked this before, but I guess all new owners are too busy riding

Have any of you new owners measured the fuel consumption? I'm curious as to the range...

Thanks very much.

--Doc
After 3300 miles, long term average = 57 UK mpg (4.546 litres per UK Gallon). Average over last two tankfuls = 60 UK mpg
Displayed MPG shows 59 and 62 respectively

1 UK gallon = 1.2 US gallon so for you guys over the pond, my figures should read
47.5 US mpg long term average, 51.7 US mpg for last two fill ups
paulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #8838
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze View Post
the one World bikes definately have chrome headers if you go back and look at the pictures.......some pictures just have too much mud to tell but if you look at the bike clean they are chrome headers and looks like the brushed aluminium canister. Any new owners comment on the exhaust option?
I'm on 1200 miles, and my headers are still shiny chrome
Old 05-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #8839
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
I asked this before, but I guess all new owners are too busy riding

Have any of you new owners measured the fuel consumption? I'm curious as to the range...

Thanks very much.

--Doc
Riding fast or lots of highway: 320 km on a tank

riding normally or relaxed at highway: 350 km on a tank

Being european: average fuelconsumption is 5.4L/100km

sunday morning touring: 400 to 430 km on a tank
ranges include reserve on the on board computer

tank is 20L most I filled up was 18.6L
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #8840
CaptMorganism
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
My first two tanks netted 46 MPG. Those miles were running under 60 MPH on back roads, before the running-in service.

Riding at highway speeds, the mileage has dropped to 42-43.

I hand-calculated these figures.

The numbers tend to jibe with the calculations from the on-board computer.
My mileage (commuting in town) is about 36 with highway speeds, in the 40 range.
I wonder if mileage is affected by the setting, rain vs road? My right hand can't have anything to do with it, can it?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #8841
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post
I am with you on this BUT I don't think the 660 clips straight into to BMW bracket! So I will have to trash that! I think buying it out of the US might be the go I just hope there isn't a trick to getting it to sync to the controller.

Btw a fully tricked WC costs approxe. $US 30k in Oz!
I plugged my old 660 into the test bike worked fine except the wheel.
Then I stupidly traded it with my old bike & bought the new BMW nav. It works fine but he $1200 dent in my wallet wasn't softened by the wheel functionality.
If I had my time over I would have stuck with my old 660 which worked fine & locked into the new mount fine.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #8842
Daxaar
n00b

Oddometer: 8
SW-Motech Crashbars

Looking at these as an alternative to the BMW ones as they're a good price and no dealers in the UK have stock.

However, I'm not convinced these would provide that much protection to the covers if the bike went over. From these images it seems the bottom half of the cover would still be exposed in a drop. Would they benefit from an additional bar across the cover or is it just the angle in the photo? I'd like to get these to prevent any damage to the covers in the event of a low speed drop but I'm not sure they'll do this.

Opinions from those with these already fitted would be much appreciated.

Daxaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #8843
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 127
Alright boys.... I just demo'ed the 2013 1200gs. HOLY SH..!!! What an encredible machine!!! I can't get list stupid drool inducing grin off my face! I'll post pics of my demo ride later. But, have to say, I fell in love. Started the day on a 13' f800gs. Felt alright but hurt my arse and it felt like I was just riding on a large dirt bike. Then I stepped up to a used 2010 1200gs with 47,000 miles. Way more comfortable obviously and the ride felt way better. Tons more power and very smooth... Then... I through my leg over a 2013 1200gs... OMG!!! What a ride!!! I just absolutely fell in love. Again, I'll post pics later, I just had to tell someone sooooo bad how awesome my day has been so far. The dealer quoted me around $18,500 for a red one with all the bells and whistles except the LED headlight. Does that price sound good to you boys and girls? Now I'm off to the gym... Muuaaahaahahahahaha!!!!
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #8844
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
The bars are about the cover not being ground away and causing you to be stuck by the side of the road.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #8845
ianwalberg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3EAR View Post
Alright boys.... I just demo'ed the 2013 1200gs. HOLY SH..!!! What an encredible machine!!! I can't get list stupid drool inducing grin off my face! I'll post pics of my demo ride later. But, have to say, I fell in love. Started the day on a 13' f800gs. Felt alright but hurt my arse and it felt like I was just riding on a large dirt bike. Then I stepped up to a used 2010 1200gs with 47,000 miles. Way more comfortable obviously and the ride felt way better. Tons more power and very smooth... Then... I through my leg over a 2013 1200gs... OMG!!! What a ride!!! I just absolutely fell in love. Again, I'll post pics later, I just had to tell someone sooooo bad how awesome my day has been so far. The dealer quoted me around $18,500 for a red one with all the bells and whistles except the LED headlight. Does that price sound good to you boys and girls? Now I'm off to the gym... Muuaaahaahahahahaha!!!!
Just buy it :)
ianwalberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #8846
Daxaar
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
The bars are about the cover not being ground away and causing you to be stuck by the side of the road.
I agree, but I'm not sure these would prevent that.
Daxaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #8847
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Sounds fantastically cheap $28,000 US dollars for the same in Australia !
Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #8848
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Get the LED.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #8849
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Get the LED.
Yup excellent light output and well worth the $$$ for that alone. Also gives the bike an iconic look and will bump up resale value.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #8850
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Yup excellent light output and well worth the $$$ for that alone. Also gives the bike an iconic look and will bump up resale value.
Funny thing (but mark my words you'll see I am correct), is that after a couple of years, people not really "into" BMW GS (but still riders), will think of the non-LED GSW as an older model of LED GSW.
Mark my words.

It's like today those same "not really into GS" people believe GS Adventure is a bigger model (in the sense of bigger model, not fatter ) than GS. Then again even some GS Adventure owners believe that. :)
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote