https://www.dropbox.com/s/ref7d73u14...2015.58.12.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23rklsyxdq...2015.55.51.jpg

Holan frames and locally made boxes.
At adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #9032
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,131
Nice and narrow, was thinking about getting the same boxes but the cost of shipping put paid to that idea.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #9033
At adventure
AB

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Nice and narrow, was thinking about getting the same boxes but the cost of shipping put paid to that idea.
Too bad. Why don't you see if you can become the Japanese distributor if you can't find one there. Or just buy the frames and have the panniers made locally. I liked the narrow profile as well. The width is less than the handlebars and almost identical to the lower crash bars.
At adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #9034
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,131
Quote:
Too bad. Why don't you see if you can become the Japanese distributor if you can't find one there. Or just buy the frames and have the panniers made locally. I liked the narrow profile as well. The width is less than the handlebars and almost identical to the lower crash bars.
I was looking at about $1325 for a set of bags delivered, and making the bags here would cost a small fortune if I could find someone willing to do it. I will probably just end up buying Holan frames and bags directly from Poland when the yen regains its strength. For now getting by with the cheap and cheerful Givi E21s.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #9035
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Flanders View Post
Just picked up my new GS h2o and can not access enduro pro mode. Even though I bought a bike with all three option packages which states its the enduro pro computer my dealer now tells me its an extra.
Anyone know if this is correct or not?
In Australia my dealer includes it with every bike they sell. They gave it to me when I picked up my bike.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #9036
sbrownn
SlowMo

Oddometer: 457
enduro pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljm View Post
In Australia my dealer includes it with every bike they sell. They gave it to me when I picked up my bike.
If you have the plug under the seat does that mean you have endure pro?
sbrownn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #9037
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrownn View Post
Easy way to tell if you have enduro pro is the dash. When you turn on the bike there will be a little plug icon on the bottom of it.
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #9038
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltRider View Post
Hello Everyone,

I know a few of you have been chomping at the bit to get your eyes on our latest for the R1200GSW. [IMG]
[/IMG]

- Erik
What I like right away with these is they extend over the head and help protect the Injectors and throttle body.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #9039
ironklad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltRider View Post
- Available in black or silver
Impressive, these are top of my list right now, how close of a color match will silver be to the frame?

Estimates on price/availability?

ironklad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #9040
sbrownn
SlowMo

Oddometer: 457
Enduro Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambonee View Post
Easy way to tell if you have enduro pro is the dash. When you turn on the bike there will be a little plug icon on the bottom of it.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
sbrownn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #9041
wabtklr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Alternate power port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
The picture I linked earlier is a good place to get a switched 12V power source. You would probably also need to feed the tail light wire from that same 12V source, as I mentioned if you tap into the tail light wire with any anything that draws even a little current you will throw an error code.

I exposed the tail light/brake light wires, that run together along the right side of the tail, a couple inches from the back of the bike as it was impossible to get to the exposed wires right by the tail light connector. The turn signals are easy to find, there are (2) two-wire connectors about halfway up the tail on either side. Tap into the blue wire for Left/Right turnsignals. GND is any brown wire you can find.

I can take some pictures of what I did if you need them, though the bike is a little messy at this point.

Kurt from Black Dog Cycle Works in working on a rear brake master cylinder cover with an aux power port, call or e-mail him for details.

wabtklr screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 07:15 PM Reason: misspelling
wabtklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #9042
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrownn View Post
The EnduroPro plug is Red. It has a dummy black plug initially.
When it's installed press the mode button & cycle thru the modes if you have EnduroPro u will see it.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #9043
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
What is the dealer wanting to charge you for the BMW Nav IV? I was quoted $1600 which seems outrageous. I got some story that it needed to be installed even though I have the GPS bracket. I plugged a mates Garmin 650 into the bracket on the weekend and it worked fine. The touch screen with gloves was pretty good and at $530 I think I will go with that but I know not being able to use the controller will annoy me! I don't think the extra features from the integrated unit are a big deal but I do like the idea being able to control it with two hands on the handlebars.

Does anyone know if the official BMW helmet Bluetooth "Helmet Communication System" is just the Schuberth system (or another system) with a new label?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #9044
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Does anyone know if the official BMW helmet Bluetooth "Helmet Communication System" is just the Schuberth system (or another system) with a new label?
Schuberths comm system is made by Cardo. So I guess they don't make the BMW comm system.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #9045
The Last Cowboy
Gettin' by

Oddometer: 128
I took delivery of the new water cooler (wasserkuhler) yesterday. I rode to work from the dealer, then home last night.

It is an incredible ride compared to the Vstrom DL1000 that I traded in. The only thing I'll miss about the Vee is the fact that it was paid for long ago.

The balance, and ride are great. I've nevr had cruise control on a bike and wonder how I ever did without it. I'll be playing with the ESA settings for awhile to find a sweet spot or spots for me.

This one had Michelin Anakee tires, where all the others in stock had Metzlers. Even the sales guy was surprised. The wheels are alloy and I actually like they way they look. No hardcore back country bashing is foreseen in the near future, so I'll hold off on spokers. I may get some with a different set of tires as backups for when I plan to use them.

Thanks to all who advised on the LED head light. The light is crisp, clean and very white with a nice beam pattern. LED lights up reflective signs like nothing else. There is no hint of annoying blue like HIDs. The output very nice, but it isn't life changing. I can't compare it to the halogen equipped model, as I haven't ridden one at night.

An outstanding overall riding experience. If you get one get used to lots of looks and positive comments. Guess I'll have to get used to it as the Vee was largely ignored.

Pics to come tomorrow as I'm too busy today.

I guess I'm now a GSW Beta tester, and general all around guinea pig!
2007 DL1000 Vstrom
The Last Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote