Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #10051
kencc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by popscycle View Post
Does anyone here know what the deal is with BMW tank bags and panniers? The kid grabbed an LC in March and the dealer still can't say when they will get bags for it and is suggesting they may not get any at all this year. Bad dealer, incredible demand, strikes, what?? Any/all thoughts/info appreciated!
I just picked up a GS tank bag on Tuesday. They just came in dealer was Max's in NH. They had both small & large.
kencc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #10052
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
Why would you want them in the first place? Get some real bags- you'll be
Much happier in the long run.

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #10053
popscycle
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencc View Post
I just picked up a GS tank bag on Tuesday. They just came in dealer was Max's in NH. They had both small & large.
Thanks, I will pass that on to the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Why would you want them in the first place? Get some real bags- you'll be
Much happier in the long run.
It's the kid, not me, who wants the bags and I'd be happy to pass on what you think are real bags if you'd be so kind as to tell us what those are.
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #10054
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
Anything else is gonna be a step up- and won't break the first time you drop the bike. I like Jesse's myself- but the Touratech are another good option. Several others out there- just look thru this thread for more ideas. Once you've tried top loading bags you won't ever want to deal with clam
shells again. Bag liners make them extremely convenient on tour.

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #10055
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMilan View Post
I don't know, just a thought..

A couple of months ago I saw a thread/post showing a vario case with a defect near a mounting point.
Some sort of stress fracture at a load bearing area.
Maybe somebody will linky.
Don't remember ever seeing such an issue with the prior version.
Maybe that's the delay... quality control with a supplier/manufacturer or design.

Or, could be sheer volume of orders...
Don't know the numbers but, the bike seems to be pretty popular.
my .02
That wasn't a bag defect; there was a missing washer(s) on the footpeg bracket, which is the lower mounting point for the Varios. Once the washers were put in place the bags fit properly.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #10056
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,221
Quote:
Thanks, I will pass that on to the kid.

It's the kid, not me, who wants the bags and I'd be happy to pass on what you think are real bags if you'd be so kind as to tell us what those are.
The strong points of the varios is their slim profile (if you live where you can lanesplit) and the clean look when they are off the bike. For a pure road rider they would be strong enough but drops will damage them fast.

Check into Holans, tough and top loading, also have a narrow profile.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #10057
popscycle
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
The strong points of the varios is their slim profile (if you live where you can lanesplit) and the clean look when they are off the bike. For a pure road rider they would be strong enough but drops will damage them fast.

Check into Holans, tough and top loading, also have a narrow profile.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Appreciate it. The SIL is anxious to get some storage on the GS so he can get out and go some real distance. At present he's using an old T-bag on the pillion that isn't exactly roomy or waterproof.
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #10058
ejschulz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckedUp View Post

Took the bike up to the Arctic circle after the 600 mile service. So far so good! My one complaint well I have a few but the major one is the shifting. I thought my Harley clunked into gear but the BMW is giving it a run for shit shifting 1-2-3rd gears make my hairs stand up when I shift.

Starting to piss me off a bit when I think BMW I think smooth as silk not panhead slop!
Glory i thought it was only mine that sucked when shifting, my 07 so quite this thing Clunks keep me posted on what you find i will do the same.. i can just see the U-Joint coming apart in a place i dont want it too I am taking it in for 3K oil change this coming Friday so i will ask the Dealer then...

Thank you
Eddie
Old 07-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #10059
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,221
Quote:
Appreciate it. The SIL is anxious to get some storage on the GS so he can get out and go some real distance. At present he's using an old T-bag on the pillion that isn't exactly roomy or waterproof.
Here's the Holan USA dealer's link, he's also in the vendor forum.
http://www.advmotorrad.com/index.php...product_id=211

Until I got luggage I got by pretty well with a BMW Rollbag II, waterproof, easy to access the contents and can be used on any bike. Pricey but worth every penny imo.
http://store.bobsbmw.com/product/bmw-luggage-roll-2
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #10060
kaiserlover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
no regrets

i have been looking for a new wife for quite some time. and after cruising the bars one night I got drunk and met a stripper. i fell deeply in love with her. i had seen her before but she lacked in certain areas and was a little rough around the edges. in 2013 she went to rehab and also had really nice implants installed. boy o' boy was she looking hot! i told her that i wanted her to be my wife. she told me to give her family a dowry and give her some time to think about it. how much time do you need honey? she said about 4 months. i thought this was reasonable so i agreed to this idea because i just had to have her. i couldn't wait for the honeymoon.
i gave her family the dowry and found out that they were really dysfunctional. the more a got to know them the worst it got. i thought she was raised right and from a good family. her family lied about everything just so i would marry her. turns out she was a prostitute and doing everybody just to get a fix. her front end was loose from the surgery, someone got hurt while banging her, and she makes all kinds of noises, she clunks and grinds like hell, and she is not really not that good in the sack. and you know what they told me? not to worry. why worry her friends told me the same thing. go figure.
so here i am about 8 months later and 2 weeks from the church. her dad finds out that the farkles for the wedding are unavailable and he forgot to to order them. what no farkles? he said yep no farkles they are backordered. i have been meditating for quite some but no available farkles for a wedding is really pushing my limits of sanity. her dad also said that the church hadn't called back yet about the booking and we might have a problem with getting married as well. talk about pain. with the way she looks we are talking major blue balls. ugh! god help me please! i tried contacting her grandfather in Germany for some help and he never called me back.
so i am telling all this to my friends and they can't believe it. why bother with this bitch they said. there are so many nice girls out there and that i deserve better than this. my one friend's wife is Italian and she is a babe. he says she has a twin sister that wants to meet me. so i agree to go to a local show where she is performing and meet with her. wow what a body! she was well put together! and boy can she dance. i thinks she works out a lot. her make up was red and i didn't really care for that but she was hot in her own special way. so we get to talking and her personality is amazing. i said are you available if i want to marry you? she said yes! no kidding? no kidding! her family was chaperoning our date and suggested that i take her home with me. what so soon? yep we are sure your the guy she has been waiting for. are you guys ok if i just what to test her out in the sack? yes absolutely. you 2 go bang now her dad says. off we go to her house for some fun. so i get to house and can't wait to ride her. so i get on top of her. nice, gentle, smooth but man o'man is she strong and knows exactly what i like to do. wow!!!!!!!!!!!! forget waiting for that german whore. she's not worth it. i want this bombshell instead.
so i go back to her dad and tell him to set the wedding. when can we get married? he says next week would work just fine. what about the farkles and booking the church? he says he already has all the farkles in his house just in case some guy comes along that likes that kind of thing. wow! her family has there shit together and she rocks my world. i will be getting hitched next week after we change her red makeup and give her some really good farkles. her family seems really nice and fully supports the both of us on our journey. i feel really blessed. i want you all to feel free to attend the ceremony next week. all are welcome!
arrivederci buon amicos
kaiserlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #10061
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 180
Hey Kaiserlover..is this going to be made into a movie...and who will play the lead..
grahamspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #10062
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Well I had a decent ride on a LC yesterday. I have owned 3 boxers before , R11RS, R11s, R12RT . Have been interested in the GS for awhile as I like the sitting position and all the other BM features. Currently ride a 1200 Multi Strada which I like for the power and the handling.

The GS felt very nice in most departments, down on power especially higher in the rev range, but this is to be expected.
compared to what a Hayabusa? and why is that to be expected?
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #10063
kaiserlover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Hey Kaiserlover..is this going to be made into a movie...and who will play the lead..
it already has been made into a movie based on real characters. called "thunder gray"in your theaters now!
kaiserlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #10064
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
compared to what a Hayabusa? and why is that to be expected?
Hey Numb Nuts, I believe I was referring to the Multistrada that I owned when I made the post. I expected it to be down on power because the MTS has 25 BHP more ?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #10065
At adventure
AB

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlover View Post
it already has been made into a movie based on real characters. called "thunder gray"in your theaters now!
Be careful Kaiserlover those Italian girls can be high maintenance!

They have a habit of falling apart when the going gets tough and when you are in the company of a group of mainly German bitches the husbands will just laugh and tell you that you are on your own.
At adventure is offline   Reply With Quote