User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #10066
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
Cruise controller goes crazy

Seems some of the reports I have read on the Cruise control going out has happened to me. When I set the cruise control it will set then a second or two will continue to excelerate until I turn it off or grab clutch or brake.

It's not a slow speed increase it goes high side like a turbine engine can runaway. And since I was looking at a 1500 mile run in 30 hours back down to Germany from Vaasa Finland yesterday I was a little more than annoyed with this! Piss poor parts from BMW is really unacceptable for a bike that is marketed as a World traveler or maybe I missed the small print "around the worlds Starbucks"

A 4000 mile trip in ten days has my bike back to the shop hmmm that is weak sauce in my book!
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #10067
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,536
Photos of the Adv version..

http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/showr...d-accidentally
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #10068
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Pretty cool looking.

Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #10069
kaiserlover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post
Be careful Kaiserlover those Italian girls can be high maintenance!

They have a habit of falling apart when the going gets tough and when you are in the company of a group of mainly German bitches the husbands will just laugh and tell you that you are on your own.
the Italian girls gearbox is sweet when you engage it. the german husbands will be bent over so far examining there own gearboxes I think they won't be laughing but squealing like pigs. if there is sour pork and weinerschnitzel around my guess is they ask touratech for some kind of protection!
kaiserlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #10070
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Pretty cool looking.

I wonder if they'll be painting the frame, shaft and engine on the non Adventure model the same next year, as I prefer the black, but don't really need a bike the size of the Adventure..................
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #10071
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Pretty cool looking.

A real beauty?
Wondering what that vent on top of the tank is doing? Air intake?
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #10072
emack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
Hermy's rocks...I'm probably 8 miles from Trans-am. Never liked them in there...the one sales guy (who isn't there anymore) was really nice but the owner/manager dude was always grouchy and a bit rude...never felt like giving him a check for 20 grand. Hermy's is the complete opposite...plus they have gear and plenty of other rider's that like to stop by. Always a bit nice when you can shoot the breeze fellow riders on similar bikes.
Hermy's has been great so far - nice to hear other similar opinions. And I don't mind the ride up there - always gives me an excuse to stop in to Cabela's.
emack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #10073
atg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlover View Post
i have been looking for a new wife for quite some time. and after cruising the bars one night I got drunk and met a stripper. i fell deeply in love with her. i had seen her before but she lacked in certain areas and was a little rough around the edges. in 2013 she went to rehab and also had really nice implants installed. boy o' boy was she looking hot! i told her that i wanted her to be my wife. she told me to give her family a dowry and give her some time to think about it. how much time do you need honey? she said about 4 months. i thought this was reasonable so i agreed to this idea because i just had to have her. i couldn't wait for the honeymoon.
i gave her family the dowry and found out that they were really dysfunctional. the more a got to know them the worst it got. i thought she was raised right and from a good family. her family lied about everything just so i would marry her. turns out she was a prostitute and doing everybody just to get a fix. her front end was loose from the surgery, someone got hurt while banging her, and she makes all kinds of noises, she clunks and grinds like hell, and she is not really not that good in the sack. and you know what they told me? not to worry. why worry her friends told me the same thing. go figure.
so here i am about 8 months later and 2 weeks from the church. her dad finds out that the farkles for the wedding are unavailable and he forgot to to order them. what no farkles? he said yep no farkles they are backordered. i have been meditating for quite some but no available farkles for a wedding is really pushing my limits of sanity. her dad also said that the church hadn't called back yet about the booking and we might have a problem with getting married as well. talk about pain. with the way she looks we are talking major blue balls. ugh! god help me please! i tried contacting her grandfather in Germany for some help and he never called me back.
so i am telling all this to my friends and they can't believe it. why bother with this bitch they said. there are so many nice girls out there and that i deserve better than this. my one friend's wife is Italian and she is a babe. he says she has a twin sister that wants to meet me. so i agree to go to a local show where she is performing and meet with her. wow what a body! she was well put together! and boy can she dance. i thinks she works out a lot. her make up was red and i didn't really care for that but she was hot in her own special way. so we get to talking and her personality is amazing. i said are you available if i want to marry you? she said yes! no kidding? no kidding! her family was chaperoning our date and suggested that i take her home with me. what so soon? yep we are sure your the guy she has been waiting for. are you guys ok if i just what to test her out in the sack? yes absolutely. you 2 go bang now her dad says. off we go to her house for some fun. so i get to house and can't wait to ride her. so i get on top of her. nice, gentle, smooth but man o'man is she strong and knows exactly what i like to do. wow!!!!!!!!!!!! forget waiting for that german whore. she's not worth it. i want this bombshell instead.
so i go back to her dad and tell him to set the wedding. when can we get married? he says next week would work just fine. what about the farkles and booking the church? he says he already has all the farkles in his house just in case some guy comes along that likes that kind of thing. wow! her family has there shit together and she rocks my world. i will be getting hitched next week after we change her red makeup and give her some really good farkles. her family seems really nice and fully supports the both of us on our journey. i feel really blessed. i want you all to feel free to attend the ceremony next week. all are welcome!
arrivederci buon amicos
Before you commit consider that there may be some very nice Austrian and English chicks out there... Then, on the other hand, if things don't go through as you expect you may always get a divorce...

Happy marriage !

Andre
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #10074
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlover View Post
i have been looking for a new wife for quite some time. and after cruising the bars one night I got drunk and met a stripper. i fell deeply in love with her. i had seen her before but she lacked in certain areas and was a little rough around the edges. in 2013 she went to rehab and also had really nice implants installed. boy o' boy was she looking hot! i told her that i wanted her to be my wife. she told me to give her family a dowry and give her some time to think about it. how much time do you need honey? she said about 4 months. i thought this was reasonable so i agreed to this idea because i just had to have her. i couldn't wait for the honeymoon.
i gave her family the dowry and found out that they were really dysfunctional. the more a got to know them the worst it got. i thought she was raised right and from a good family. her family lied about everything just so i would marry her. turns out she was a prostitute and doing everybody just to get a fix. her front end was loose from the surgery, someone got hurt while banging her, and she makes all kinds of noises, she clunks and grinds like hell, and she is not really not that good in the sack. and you know what they told me? not to worry. why worry her friends told me the same thing. go figure.
so here i am about 8 months later and 2 weeks from the church. her dad finds out that the farkles for the wedding are unavailable and he forgot to to order them. what no farkles? he said yep no farkles they are backordered. i have been meditating for quite some but no available farkles for a wedding is really pushing my limits of sanity. her dad also said that the church hadn't called back yet about the booking and we might have a problem with getting married as well. talk about pain. with the way she looks we are talking major blue balls. ugh! god help me please! i tried contacting her grandfather in Germany for some help and he never called me back.
so i am telling all this to my friends and they can't believe it. why bother with this bitch they said. there are so many nice girls out there and that i deserve better than this. my one friend's wife is Italian and she is a babe. he says she has a twin sister that wants to meet me. so i agree to go to a local show where she is performing and meet with her. wow what a body! she was well put together! and boy can she dance. i thinks she works out a lot. her make up was red and i didn't really care for that but she was hot in her own special way. so we get to talking and her personality is amazing. i said are you available if i want to marry you? she said yes! no kidding? no kidding! her family was chaperoning our date and suggested that i take her home with me. what so soon? yep we are sure your the guy she has been waiting for. are you guys ok if i just what to test her out in the sack? yes absolutely. you 2 go bang now her dad says. off we go to her house for some fun. so i get to house and can't wait to ride her. so i get on top of her. nice, gentle, smooth but man o'man is she strong and knows exactly what i like to do. wow!!!!!!!!!!!! forget waiting for that german whore. she's not worth it. i want this bombshell instead.
so i go back to her dad and tell him to set the wedding. when can we get married? he says next week would work just fine. what about the farkles and booking the church? he says he already has all the farkles in his house just in case some guy comes along that likes that kind of thing. wow! her family has there shit together and she rocks my world. i will be getting hitched next week after we change her red makeup and give her some really good farkles. her family seems really nice and fully supports the both of us on our journey. i feel really blessed. i want you all to feel free to attend the ceremony next week. all are welcome!
arrivederci buon amicos
Kaiser lover, those Italian ladies are lovely. Sexy, tempremental, expensive to love, and so worth it. Enjoy your new wife my friend.
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #10075
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
I just divorced my Italian, turned out she had headaches a lot of the time.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #10076
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Hey Numb Nuts, I believe I was referring to the Multistrada that I owned when I made the post. I expected it to be down on power because the MTS has 25 BHP more ?
Hey Home Slice why are you comparing apples to oranges. BMW just totally redesigned the engine and increased HP significantly. Stating it is down on power because you're comparing it to something totally different isn't exactly a stroke of genius?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #10077
kaiserlover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thanks

I think all women are some what expensive headaches. it's not about the money.my friend told me after my first love stepped on all my feelings like a cockroach that I shouldn't worry. I said why? he said that I should go the hospital maternity ward and I will see that they are still making new girls everyday!
just remember this: is the @#^*&'n you get, worth the @#$%^'n you are gonna get?

enjoy enjoy enjoy
kaiserlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #10078
carlsberger
ManyPauser

Oddometer: 40
Front Signal Lights

OK I know I only paid $25K for this thing but why every time anyone brushes against the front turn signals does the rubber mount pop out. Talked to buddies with other models with same issue, what's the fix ??
Old 07-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #10079
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post

A real beauty?
Wondering what that vent on top of the tank is doing? Air intake?
That's not the new Adventure apparently it the current model in disguise. Old pics. The Adventure spy pics have a zebra type of camo.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #10080
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I've only owned two Harleys out of about 50 bikes including six BMWs. The beemers were always the clunkiest and my Road King snicks so smoothly into first that I don't even hear it. But now you've got me all curious, will try preloading my Dakar's shifter on my ride home tonight and see if that helps....
I rode a Multistrada on the Weekend & the main thing I noticed was how clunky the gearbox was. Way more than my GS, also it kept hitting a false natural when shifting into 1st.
Gimme the GS shifting any day.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote