Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #10096
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,734
Well, mine now looks more authentic as it fell off the side stand in a lay by. At least the engine bars work.
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #10097
popscycle
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencc View Post
I just picked up a GS tank bag on Tuesday. They just came in dealer was Max's in NH. They had both small & large.
Just a note, we drove up to Max's in NH today and, yes, they had a tank bag. I went along to look at potentially buying a bike. They also told the SIL that they had the panniers he wanted and said they'd install them if we could wait an hour our so (because they were backed up). Well, two hours later that told us they couldn't sell the kid anything because the he didn't buy the bike there and they needed them in case other customers bought new bikes. Now if they had just said that up front, it would have been OK but they made us wait several hours to find out. Is there anything quite so stupid as pissing off potential customers ready to part with some serious money?
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #10098
atwoodtja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by popscycle View Post
Just a note, we drove up to Max's in NH today and, yes, they had a tank bag. I went along to look at potentially buying a bike. They also told the SIL that they had the panniers he wanted and said they'd install them if we could wait an hour our so (because they were backed up). Well, two hours later that told us they couldn't sell the kid anything because the he didn't buy the bike there and they needed them in case other customers bought new bikes. Now if they had just said that up front, it would have been OK but they made us wait several hours to find out. Is there anything quite so stupid as pissing off potential customers ready to part with some serious money?
That seems like a colossal screwup, not usual for MaxBMW. Did your SIL speak to the manager or try to force the issue? Usually if someone makes a promise there, even if they didn't know what they were talking about, they stand by it. FWIW, that is how I got the tall seat for free on my bike instead of paying $350 for it; sales guy didn't know it was an extra cost option at the time.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #10099
popscycle
Fahren Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodtja View Post
That seems like a colossal screwup, not usual for MaxBMW. Did your SIL speak to the manager or try to force the issue? Usually if someone makes a promise there, even if they didn't know what they were talking about, they stand by it. FWIW, that is how I got the tall seat for free on my bike instead of paying $350 for it; sales guy didn't know it was an extra cost option at the time.
Although pissed, he/we politely left without making a stink since we were informed that it was the manager who nixed the sale. We will find another solution and not bother them again with our business. Simply put, we wasted enough time with Max BMW and will not repeat the mistake. It was not a total loss as we had a great ride up and back in beautiful weather.

popscycle screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 04:29 PM
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #10100
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by popscycle View Post
Although pissed, he/we politely left without making a stink since we were informed that it was the manager who nixed the sale. We will find another solution and not bother them again with our business. Simply put, we wasted enough time with Max BMW and will not repeat the mistake. It was not a total loss as we had a great ride up and back in beautiful weather.
Max is running the CT store, and as a consequence, the NH store may have slipped. Were it me, I would let him know. That is NOT how he does business.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #10101
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Well, mine now looks more authentic as it fell off the side stand in a lay by. At least the engine bars work.
Eeek. Hope it didn't damage the can..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #10102
popscycle
Fahren Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Max is running the CT store, and as a consequence, the NH store may have slipped. Were it me, I would let him know. That is NOT how he does business.
Well it may not be how he should do business but it certainly was the way they did business (with us). Because the whole episode should probably be fodder for a Golden Rule bit of information sharing. I will make one attempt to let management know what happened (and that we are not wanting or expecting anything in return). Thanks for the prodding.

popscycle screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 06:38 AM
Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #10103
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
The conversion to all the black here is 2400 Euro's. It's worth considering.
Not really.
If it was like 1/4 that (which is way more realistic for the parts that can be painted), would be worth considering.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #10104
ejschulz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Crusie Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckedUp View Post
Seems some of the reports I have read on the Cruise control going out has happened to me. When I set the cruise control it will set then a second or two will continue to excelerate until I turn it off or grab clutch or brake.

It's not a slow speed increase it goes high side like a turbine engine can runaway. And since I was looking at a 1500 mile run in 30 hours back down to Germany from Vaasa Finland yesterday I was a little more than annoyed with this! Piss poor parts from BMW is really unacceptable for a bike that is marketed as a World traveler or maybe I missed the small print "around the worlds Starbucks"

A 4000 mile trip in ten days has my bike back to the shop hmmm that is weak sauce in my book!
WOW mine started acting up after i installed the BMW GPS i thought it had to do with that.. mine will not set.. it come on for just a second and goes right back off.... i was at the BMW place Friday and they could not look at it but said they have not had any calls about it.. but i could make appointment and they would look at it.... let me now what you find out.. and i will do the same
Old 07-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #10105
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschulz View Post
WOW mine started acting up after i installed the BMW GPS i thought it had to do with that.. mine will not set.. it come on for just a second and goes right back off.... i was at the BMW place Friday and they could not look at it but said they have not had any calls about it.. but i could make appointment and they would look at it.... let me now what you find out.. and i will do the same
Your switch has failed -- a common problem with this run of GS's.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #10106
ejschulz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
Your switch has failed -- a common problem with this run of GS's.
Thanks man it started like i said after i installed the BMW GPS at 2300 miles so i thought it was something i did in set up but have not took the time to double check.. thank you for the help.... a bad switch really piece of junk but i love my GSLC
Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #10107
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Eeek. Hope it didn't damage the can..
Nope, it was the other side. The bars have some scratches now! Annoyingly, the bottom of the cylinder head took some scratches, so I'll either get another, or get this one painted. I thought the bars would protect the whole head, but obviously not.
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #10108
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,971
Quote:
Nope, it was the other side. The bars have some scratches now! Annoyingly, the bottom of the cylinder head took some scratches, so I'll either get another, or get this one painted. I thought the bars would protect the whole head, but obviously not.
If it were my bike I wouldn't touch it till it came time to sell, fixing it sooner is a surefire jinx. A few scratches on your adv bike adds character, people will figure you were hammering it hard offroad when it happened.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #10109
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
The TT bars protect it well enough. Also tested it.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:48 AM   #10110
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
It's retro, back in the 70's I didn't know any BMWs that didn't have a flat spot worn on the bottom edge of the cylinder covers...
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote