[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 251
Previous peg failure pics are on pg. 28
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #902
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
I spotted a BW for sale in the SLC area, in a DRZ ad. I think it was going for $300.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #903
sticker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
I just checked the IMS website regarding the SuperStock footpegs. There is a listing for TW200 but not BW200. The IMS shifter is listed for the BW200. I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy both but before I do, in the picture above; are those pegs on a 200 or 350? Thanks...
sticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #904
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 251
I am blaming this one on Alzheimer's. The SHIFTER must be 200 specific. The IMS shifter that I got for my 350 was sourced from a Banshee atv. I ordered pegs from a TW 200 for my 350. I don't know if the peg mounts are different between the 200 and 350, but I do know that I am rapidly losing credibility here.

Shamefully,
Cliff.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #905
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 734
HEY! Who gave Cliff credibility here? I'm going to have to talk to the Credibility Department.

At this point, anytime somebody has a question, Cliff is supposed to say, "It's the CDI, stupid." Even if it is regarding foot pegs.

Speaking of Cliff; this is the best I could manage after repeated passes up this hill because of the poor photoreceptor in my much abused camera. (There's no way that it could be my poor photography skills)

BWSwamper,

I am disappointed but not entirely surprised that the price of the 12" option is unrealistic for most BW owners. It would be really hard for a 200 owner to justify the price relative to the total value of the bike. It would be fairly close to $250 for us in AK once the shipping was calculated. I know that Cliff was prepared to order a half dozen or more, but even his resources may be strained by that bill.

Is the 10" option more affordable? I imagine that it would be if all they had to do was change the pattern for the lugs to 125mm.

Looking back through my emails, I determined that it was ITP that wanted a commitment to 1000 units before considering a custom order. My inquiries to Douglas came to a dead end when their customer rep couldn't tell me what the diameter of the opening of the A5 wheels was because they didn't have the engineering drawings.

Shercoman had to modify the opening to make the ITP wheel work. Do you know if the sprocket carrier can pass through the opening of the Douglas A5?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 12:30 AM
Mr. BigWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #906
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Douglas Rims

I don't know whether the A5 opening would work. The first time I called, Douglas was quoting around $105 plus $10 customization plus $10 drop ship on a generic custom 10 inch. I didn't have the particulars then and was still thinking Red Label style.

This last time I called they said they had found the old pattern and knew that the center opening on the Red Label style wheel for the 4/125 bolt pattern would be 4.187 inches. I didn't think to ask about the A5 opening dimensions, but it looks like the A5 changes significantly based on the bolt pattern.

http://www.dwtracing.com/products/atv/alumilite/a5

Does anyone have a disassembled rear wheel from which we could get a pencil tracing with measurements that could be scanned and e-mailed to Douglas?
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #907
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 147
Hi,

Can someone give me the exact measurement of the bushings for the rear swingarm of a BW200.
I need them to make them myself. My own are broken.

Thank you,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #908
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

DWT A5 10x10 5+5 in 4/115

Here is a link showing the DWT A5 10x10 5+5 in 4/115.

http://www.roguemotorsportz.com/i662...FQ-e4Aodbj8AwQ
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #909
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

STI Black Diamond ATR & XTR Tires

Anyone have experience with, or thoughts on, these tires?

http://www.pureoffroad.com/sti_black..._atv_tires.htm
Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #910
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

AG200 CDI Post on Yahoo Group

I saw the AG200 CDI post over on the Yahoo BW group in which a member in NZ reports using the AG200 CDI successfully on his BW200. He reports the only downside is that the bike cannot be shut off using the key, but rather must be shut down using the kill switch.

What would cause that? Wouldn't every CDI be set up for a "kill" signal?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #911
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 734
BWSwamper,

I don't have any experience with the STI BLack Diamond but I was seriously considering putting a 24x11-10 on the modified 10 inch rim.

http://www.stitireandwheel.com/2011/06/black-diamond/

The specs on the bottom of the page list that tire as being 24 pounds. A 25 inch one is 25.4 pounds. The tire I chose to go with is 16 pounds. Many of the 8 ply UTV tires are over 30 pounds. I think that the Yamaha engineers did an admirable job of making the BW overweight. They don't need any more help from me.

Röhrich,

I only have a bushing for a 350 available and that has a different part number from the 200 bushing. The thickness of the flange is 3mm. The length of the the bushing is 45.5mm. O.D. is 32.8mm. I.D. is 26.8mm.

The eccentric bushings are 65mm and 83mm long. In other words, the eccentrics are a lot longer than the plastic bushings. There is a lot of the bushing that is unsupported in the bore of the swing arm. I suspect that means that the actual length of the plastic bushing isn't that critical.

I still haven't been able to see any of your photos yet except your diagram of the bushing.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #912
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
If someone is making new plastic bushings,they should be made as long as possible.They may not have been designed this way (planned obsolessence) but every effort should be made to spread the load across as large of an area as possible.
I would also suggest making them using Delrin or some other grade of tough engineering plastics.
Shercoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #913
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 147
Hi there,

I had some problems with the pictures.
I hope you can see them now.

My BW200es with DC plastics.
For the bushings I have to look at the ones of my other BW200 in a few weeks. Because its in Germany now.
MR BIGWHEEL: Thank you for the information, my father could use it.
Does someone know if I could use the petcock of a Yamaha TW 125/200 for my BW?
Please tell me if you can see the pictures.

Regards,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #914
sticker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Pictures are there and they look great. Awesome work! The bike looks better than showroom. Please post more when it's complete!
sticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #915
Soggydog
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Very nice pictures and BW

Hi Röhrich,

I was just wondering if that is a new gas tank or did you paint it? How did you paint it?

Also, looks like you have a RV90? I had one long ago. It was a great little bike. Mine was blue also.

Soggydog
Soggydog is offline   Reply With Quote