Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #1021
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Shock Mods and Desert 100

MrBigwheel;
Im all in for a mega bigwheel rally/camp-out anytime - next years Desert100 race would be a blast to get a bunch of bikes into.
I would be curious to know who might all be in for such an adventure..
Does either Hollywood/Nightmare ride/have the ' Red Headed Stepchild of Dirtbikes ' ??

BWSwamper;
I like the 12" rim look ALOT ! I was also looking into a bit longer shock and curious to see what you come up with. I just noticed when I have been bottoming out the 25" tire rubs on the exaust, ill have to see if I can adjust it some..

vroom-vroom;
come up and lets do the poker run iron man, I have a Bro. in Vegas who has a T-Dub 200 new and it needs scratches and a riding buddy for him. I have a spare bw he could ride in the desert but he hasent taken the hints.. I have been out to the dry lake bed Etc. around there with his ATV's and its great Bigwheel counrty..
Ill take the GPS on next ride for a MPG on a 200 for you, been curious myself, im thinkin' some are guessing way low for the 200, where ive been riding has little flat ground.Lot's of elevation in a 3 hour ride.
Gettin' ready for that iron-man run..at Walker Valley in this pic monday..
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #1022
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Oddometer: 62
Yea' come on!!!! I'm in it for next years run. Never been up there and it sounds like I can conn my some of the guys into a get away from the wife weekend..........

'86 Bw 200
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #1023
greg24
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
owners manual

does amy one know where i can get a owners manual for a 85 bw200
Old 03-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #1024
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Well after splitting the engine case and replacing the drive axle, I have the case back together, been doing it slowly as this is my first time doing such an endeavour. Next up is to finish attaching the engine accessories and the top end. If any of you guys needs to do the same just send me a PM to borrow some of the tools I purchased (flywheel puller, engine case spiltter, clutch holding tool).

85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #1025
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg24 View Post
does amy one know where i can get a owners manual for a 85 bw200
Greg, when I got my 85's a couple manuals came with.
The owners manual is almost all saftey warnings and im wondering if you are looking for a service manual. Oddly the owners manual in upper left was published in 1984 and the only difference I could find other than the cover calling this a 'N' model and the rear axle has a cotterpin and a diagram to go with it.
The other manual published in 1985 calls it a 'S' model (wich I had not heard of ) and it has the rear axle with no cotter in the manual ..just like my 3 bikes have. Not shure if the peliminary bikes had cotters or not.
I thought all 200's were either a 'N' model or an 'E' model ??
Can Any senior guys jump in here??
If you havent been to Sixpeppers Yahoo group it has many service links and the like in it....
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #1026
greg24
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
service manual

rwbwheel-yea you are right i want the service manual
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #1027
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 839
Hello!

A friend of mine is having trouble with one of his 1985 BW200's and I figured I'd see if the owners here had any ideas.

Here's a (hopefully) short description of the problem:
- If he manages to get it running, it sounds like it's missing a lot and it needs WOT or it stalls.
- When checking the spark, he only gets a good spark on the very first kick. Any spark after that is weak or missing.
- In the same vein, if he lets it sit for 5-10 seconds or so after kicking it (and getting a good spark), he sees another good spark. If he keeps kicking or only stops for a second or two between kicks, the sparks are weak or nonexistent.
- He's checked for spark both with and without the plug.

Here's what he's done. I should mention that he's a capable wrencher, he's been riding for 40+ years and has maintained all of his bikes since the 80s (this has got him stumped, though):
- Changed and gapped plug (multiple times now, I believe).
- Swapped coil, CDI, rectifier with ones from running BW.
- Replaced pulser with new one, confirmed it's within spec.
- Replaced stator with new one, confirmed it's within spec.
- Cleaned all grounding points and connectors, verified with ohmmeter.
- Replaced spark plug cap.
- Confirmed magnets are still in place.
- Confirmed compression and timing are good.
- Pulled everything off the harness he could (lights, switches).

Nothing he's tried has made any difference, and swapping parts between the running BW and the bad one didn't fix any problems in the bad one or cause any in the running one.

Despite swapping for a working one not solving the issue, he's still leaning towards the CDI because of the symptoms. He's a little leery about forking out a couple of hundred dollars on a hunch, though.

Anyone else seen the same kind of behaviour or have any suggestions for things he should try or check next?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #1028
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

I'm still on the new side to bikes but I'm a certified mechanic of the four wheeled variety. I could of sworn I was not getting spark on my bw, spent 2 days tracing and testing. Ended up being my main jet in the carb. Yet it ran fine a week before. Had my tester on the coil wire and it turned up nothing. Sprayed some goodness in the cylinder and no dice. Cleaned the carb and what do you know. Runs like no tomorrow. Not sure if it helps but sounds like a similar issue to what I had

'86 Bw 200
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #1029
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post
I'm still on the new side to bikes but I'm a certified mechanic of the four wheeled variety. I could of sworn I was not getting spark on my bw, spent 2 days tracing and testing. Ended up being my main jet in the carb. Yet it ran fine a week before. Had my tester on the coil wire and it turned up nothing. Sprayed some goodness in the cylinder and no dice. Cleaned the carb and what do you know. Runs like no tomorrow. Not sure if it helps but sounds like a similar issue to what I had
Sounds good, I'll mention that to him. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #1030
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 117
Hi fans of the Big Wheels,

A long time ago I was here. I almost broke my hand with the Atc110
I just mounted the wheels where they have to be.
It looks absolutly GREAT
Here some pictures.
A colleague of my dad made me my new Bushings for the swingarm.

Regards from Holland,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #1031
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Had the big girl out in the sand, that is a experience to say the least..............

'86 Bw 200
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #1032
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 239
Röhrich:

Your bike is museum quality! We could change that pretty quickly with one ride to the Glacier up here in Alaska, bushings and all!! Love your BW wallpaper!!

Vroom Vroom:

Alaska lacks large quantities of sand dunes, the only ones we have are out towards the glacier. I would love to ride the BW on the "Dunes".

RWBigwheel:

How is that front tire working out for you? I was wondering about lateral traction in a front (steer) aplication. Hope to see you come Endurocross time, I've got everything except my airfare purchased. The only problem is that you will be able to see us ride without any video editing. Prepare for a large dose of dissapointment.

Thanks everyone for the pics, it seems like up now, till Mr. Bigwheel had posted the only ride photos of late. I am loving the ride photos from everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Cliff.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #1033
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Brand New BW...

Röhrich,

Your bike is absolutely fantastic. Good work!

Keep us updated on the final assembly and test ride.
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1034
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 117

I found out that the engine of the Honda atc 200X is the same as the engine of the Fatcat.
Where can I get this engine or parts?

Regards,

Röhrich
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #1035
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 715
Cliff Diving - Ha!

Cliff is passionate about combining sports. This is from the weekend's ride, where Cliff pioneered a new activity that has elements from motocross, gymnatics and the 100 meter freestyle relay:

Ten feet was the difference between a successful crossing and the swimming version. Cliff's dismount was epic. He nailed the landing (on his head) and let the 350 do all of the aquatics. He even extracted the bike solo while some jerk made snide remarks and took photos.

The front fender and master cylinder were the most apparent victims. Another casualty was one of the bottles of Bass. May it rest in peace. Maybe cans would be a wiser choice.

After a quick check of the airbox to ensure that no water had been ingested, we were on our way. Unfortunately, Cliff's forward velocity was limited to about 10mph by the sloppy conditions and lack of a front fender. I was forced to stand about idly, drinking the remaining Bass's as I waited for him to catch up.

The moral? Beware of iceholes. They're everywhere.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel