Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #1321
FutZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I know these aren't the best quality but it was late and my cell phone was handy. Please excuse the messy garage.

FutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #1322
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 591
Does anybody have a picture of a BW on some singletrack? ...like, tire-wider-than-trail kind of singletrack.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #1323
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutZ View Post
I know these aren't the best quality but it was late and my cell phone was handy. Please excuse the messy garage.

Very awesome collection!!!
And...how do you get anything done in a neat garage? Part of what gets "done" is searching for things!!
Shercoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #1324
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Does anybody have a picture of a BW on some singletrack? ...like, tire-wider-than-trail kind of singletrack.

This is an interesting concept that needs pictures!!!

I think I (or someone) needs to mount the GoPro on the back fender for some real time "wide singletrack" making!!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #1325
FutZ
Adventurer

You should see the other side of the garage. I really do need to organize. I'm running out of room for bikes. Current count is 10 bikes/wheelers. Plus an 12' trailer and all my tools. Oh, and for those looking at the background yes there is a skeeball machine in there too (tall orange thing). Good thing the wife has her own garage or I would be in trouble. And for the record I know where almost everything is... it is just a matter of getting to it.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #1326
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 703
It's another world premier! Right here on the BigWheel thread!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzdv...SpEzvofcqER-iQ

Good thing Cliff is willing to work for scale. I'm going to owe him at least $10.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #1327
FutZ
Adventurer

OK next video should be shooting guns while riding the bigwheel.

Seriously though I enjoy the hell out of all your videos. Keep up the good work.

Sadly I didn't get any riding this weekend. I had to rebuild my lawnmower since it had a blown head gasket. But now that project is complete and the yard is no longer a suburban jungle.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #1328
gomerkfx700
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Calling Mr. Big wheel I've read most of the 89 pages till my phone popped up I've used 3/4 my monthly data lol. But anyway great thread one idem cought my eye. The WWW.bigwheelconversion.com page I have a yz450 that would be a great project bike but I can't get in contact with the guy who made the kit. Has anyone heard anything from the guy. Or know of anyone else who does the kit.
gomerkfx700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #1329
FutZ
Adventurer

It looks like it could be a while before you get a reply, there has been no update to the Facebook page for a year and a half. Did you try the phone number on the contact us page?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #1330
gomerkfx700
Adventurer

Yes I tried the email and phone. With no luck I was hoping someone knew someone who knew someone who could tell someone kinda thing. Man I love rokons bw and this is great just what I want wonder if Steve christini could combine his bike and this bike omg what a trail beast
Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #1331
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Oddometer: 62
yet another epic video, but what else should we expect!

looks like we will get a small reprieve from the heat Saturday only supposed to be 109, might get the big wheel out and go for the 5am ride. i feel the itch coming on after the latest installment from mr.bigwheel

and now for the next round of questions,

1.do you guys check the oil with the bike up right or on the kick stand?
2.due to the stupid heat out here is it advisable to use anything heavier than 10-40?
3. is it necessary to use the "specialty oil" just for bikes?
4. and for the big one, where can i get a copy of the service manual for a 200?, even a pdf copy would be fine.

'86 Bw 200

vroom_vroom screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 12:39 PM
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1332
FutZ
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post

1.do you guys check the oil with the bike up right or on the kick stand?
2.due to the stupid heat out here is it advisable to use anything heavier than 10-40?
3. is it necessary to use the "specialty oil" just for bikes?
4. and for the big one, where can i get a copy of the service manual for a 200?, even a pdf copy would be fine.
1. up right
2. 20w-40 is better if your always riding above 60F but 10w40 should be fine
3. As long as it is an SE oil and stay away from any with heavy friction modifiers since it is a wet clutch.
4. You can buy a service manual off ebay. I have not been able to find the full service manual online (free) but you can get the owners manual(link below). If your looking for torque specs or need some specific info I do have a BW200 and BW350 manual here and I can look it up or scan a few pages for you.

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0
Just put in motorcycle and model of bw200 and hit search and it will show you all the years available.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #1333
Shercoman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomerkfx700 View Post
Calling Mr. Big wheel I've read most of the 89 pages till my phone popped up I've used 3/4 my monthly data lol. But anyway great thread one idem cought my eye. The WWW.bigwheelconversion.com page I have a yz450 that would be a great project bike but I can't get in contact with the guy who made the kit. Has anyone heard anything from the guy. Or know of anyone else who does the kit.
I would be interested in talking to you about this.I am considering converting a WR450.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #1334
gomerkfx700
Adventurer

I don't know who built the kits but I was hoping Mr big wheel could point me in the direction. My plan was to put the we tranny in my yz for the lower first gear and so the big wheel conversion be a blast in the trail
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #1335
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutZ View Post
1. up right
2. 20w-40 is better if your always riding above 60F but 10w40 should be fine
3. As long as it is an SE oil and stay away from any with heavy friction modifiers since it is a wet clutch.
4. You can buy a service manual off ebay. I have not been able to find the full service manual online (free) but you can get the owners manual(link below). If your looking for torque specs or need some specific info I do have a BW200 and BW350 manual here and I can look it up or scan a few pages for you.

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0
Just put in motorcycle and model of bw200 and hit search and it will show you all the years available.
thanks for the link! been trying to find more info on them. one of the rangers is a prick where we ride and he likes giving out tickets unless you have documentation that your bike has a spark arrestor( i know it has one) was thinking there might be something in the service manual i can print off and keep in our pack. you can fight the ticket and beat it but it a bigger pain in the ass than its worth so i just assume have some documentation when we ride out there.

scheaffer oil has a 20-50 i wanted to run (there oil is some crazy shit. will float mains with zero oil pressure) says is fine to run in motorcycle in the fine print. figuer its a good idea to run something more substantial when beating on the bikes when its up around 120 out.

'86 Bw 200
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote