Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #136
Hootowl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,246
I've had my RIG500 for about 3 weeks and it really is a top notch product. I think its far superior to anything else on the market.
Its also a pleasure to use.

I hadn't received the filter yet but I wasn't worried, I won't need it for another 3-4 weeks.

Today I got a telephone call from Bob, explaining the delay and when I can expect to receive it.

Customer service can't be any better than that.

A big thanks to Bob for the discount and thanks to Gadget Boy for making the arrangements.

If you've been on the fence about ordering one, don't wait. I doubt you'll have buyer's remorse once you use it.

Richard

'07 990A
'12 Super Tenere
Hootowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #137
vagabondtx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I wanted to add that the filter didn't show up after having my bag for about a week. I went ahead and emailed Bob - he answered my question promptly about mine not getting shipped, and a few days later a FedEx box was on my porch. Great customer support so far. Thanks again for setting up the promo GB and Bob.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #138
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,377
I got my stickers today... still waiting for the inline filter and tube. I'll be trying the Rig 1200 out this weekend at the Mendo rally.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #139
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Filters Arrived!

All-

Sorry about the filter issue. We sold out just over a week ago and were expected more to arrive any day. After a few days, we began communicating as best we could about the filter shortage.

GOOD NEWS!!!! A large batch of filters arrived today, and we will be shipping tomorrow. FILTER SHORTAGE IS OVER.

Thanks so much for the patience. Know with certainty, that you will receive your in-line filter and filter-ready tubes.

As always, feel free to e-mail me directly anytime. We'll take care of you.

(This weekend, I will be leaving the country to visit some of our international distributors. I am going to leave two e-mail contacts should any of you need to send a message our way while I am gone. I will be gone for about 11 days.)

Contact #1: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com (My e-mail)
Contact #2: curt@hubcityoutdoor.com

We enjoy our communications with all of you. Always feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you for the nice comments regarding our customer service. Much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration packs
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #140
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
All-

Sorry about the filter issue.

No worries... I was just saying, not complaining... I don't think i'll be needing the filter this weekend on my adventure anyway... I'll let you know when it arrives.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #141
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabondtx View Post
I must admit some disappointment from the "Made in China" tag inside the bag
Question for Mr. GEIGER. Have you researched the possibility of manufacture in the US? If so, how much would it have added to the cost on the consumers end?

Thanks,

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #142
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street

Oddometer: 842
rallye 3

Anyone tried this product in their Rallye 3 jacket. If so what size? Is it comfortable? Can you disconnect the bladder from the hose to fill so there i no need to take off the tubing? Thankshttp://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/1drink.gif
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #143
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

GEIGERRIG Manufacturing

Domestic manufacturing is definitely desired. However, the costs and risks have been prohibitive. I'd love to talk to you about these issues and any ideas that you have as employing Americans is certainly a priority for us. 801-823-3335.

We are also working on domestic manufacturing for some military applications that are moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Curvin View Post
Question for Mr. GEIGER. Have you researched the possibility of manufacture in the US? If so, how much would it have added to the cost on the consumers end?

Thanks,
Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #144
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
Old Blue and Rider WV... Thanks for your posts regarding the power bulb.

I have sent each of you a private message to discuss the solution to your shared issue above. If the solution that I have provided in the private message does not readily and reliably work for you, I would appreciate it if you could call me at the number provided so as to discuss.... as I am absolutely certain that I have a solution for you.

Just as a point of reference.... We designed the power bulb tube to detach from the power bulb for a reason and we did not envision the power bulb to be zipped tied on by intentional design. It is also why the power bulb tube is designed using a different rubbery material. The purpose of this design is shown in the video below.

Here is the video:

Please check your private messages and feel free to contact me. As I said, I am very certain that I have a solution for you.
Bob, just wanted to let you know that your solution worked. Just moving the bulb up kept the hose from popping off. Thanks for the advice.

I have a new use for your system that you may not have envisioned: it's perfect for going outdoors with my 14 month-old son. He loves the way the water flows into his mouth and he is already quite good at using the bite valve! Your rig is very baby-friendly. Plus the squirt feature is great for washing off his hands and face. Awesome.
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #145
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Geigerrig,

Firstly thanks for an awesome product!

I recently used a 2lt engine with sports drink on an ultra run in the High country. While the engine performed flawlessly, part way through the run I was wishing I had water as I couldnt stomoch the sports drink anymore.

Just wondering if you would consider making a product that has a weld line down the centre and 2nd drink tube so you can fill half the bladder with water, half the bladder with sports drink? That way you could have the best of both worlds while minimizing the weight (not having to carry 2 bladders). It would also help to reduce sloshing even further (act as a baffle) and allow you to monitor consumption (ie, drink from one tube, when that is empty you know you have consumed half your volume - should you use all one drink type). It might be possible to add a mixer like on the nathan synergy packs (however, that system is complicated and most prefer 2 tubes from what I have read)?
- 1 engine pump
- 2 drink options
- minimized weight
- minimized sloshing

I think a few runners/adventure racers would like something like this.

Food for thought? (Fingers crossed)

Gany.
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #146
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,654
I run two bladders in my RIG 1600, one 3L and one 2L I only use one air pump. This works really good. I think you could just fill them 1/2 way for your needs. I use mine for Search & Rescue K9 I can carry all my gear and water for both me and a dog.
Freda loves it.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places I’ve been there weren’t even roads!

Toyanvil screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 09:10 PM
Toyanvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #147
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Two Chambers - Sugar and Water

We are working on baffled hydration engines as well as in-line injection systems that put the drink mix in whenever you want.

The pressurized system makes all of this work very well.

Thanks for your note in this regard.

We're on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Geigerrig,

Firstly thanks for an awesome product!

I recently used a 2lt engine with sports drink on an ultra run in the High country. While the engine performed flawlessly, part way through the run I was wishing I had water as I couldnt stomoch the sports drink anymore.

Just wondering if you would consider making a product that has a weld line down the centre and 2nd drink tube so you can fill half the bladder with water, half the bladder with sports drink? That way you could have the best of both worlds while minimizing the weight (not having to carry 2 bladders). It would also help to reduce sloshing even further (act as a baffle) and allow you to monitor consumption (ie, drink from one tube, when that is empty you know you have consumed half your volume - should you use all one drink type). It might be possible to add a mixer like on the nathan synergy packs (however, that system is complicated and most prefer 2 tubes from what I have read)?
- 1 engine pump
- 2 drink options
- minimized weight
- minimized sloshing

I think a few runners/adventure racers would like something like this.

Food for thought? (Fingers crossed)

Gany.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #148
rpo83
Old enough to know better

Oddometer: 600
Hi Bob,

thanks for this great promotion, i am about to place my order, but i have one question about the deal you are offering.

I am thinking of getting the Rigg 1600 and another 3L bladder, would the offer provide 1 or 2 filters?

My 2011 Ride around Aus http://rpo83.blogspot.com.au/
rpo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #149
Brit in SF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick Magger View Post
Anyone tried this product in their Rallye 3 jacket. If so what size? Is it comfortable? Can you disconnect the bladder from the hose to fill so there i no need to take off the tubing? Thankshttp://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/1drink.gif
I have the 70 oz one in my R3 jacket. Works okay, comfort is fine once the jacket is zipped up. I notice the bladder when I have jacket unzipped, pulls it back a little. Biggest draw back is that the hydration pack outlet is offset to the side whereas the hole in the back of the jacket is centered. I can with a little fiddling remove the hose from the bladder to fill. I now just open the top of bladder when it is still in the jacket and fill directly. Works pretty well this way.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #150
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Head to Head Test - GEIGERRIG v. Camelbak

ADV Riders,

Recently a head to head test of Camelbak v. Geigerrig was conducted by IndustryOutsider.com:

“Loudly. The Rig 700 just seems to fit better, hydrate better, protect my gear better, and it feels more substantial. I’ve never had any complaints about any CamelBak products, I just like the Geigerrig more.” - Industry Outsider

Link to the full Test and Review:
(Click Here)

Thanks for all the feedback and communication here. We're listening, and we're never going to stop improving!

Always feel free to send us your ideas: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com