Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #166
AnnieGS
Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer: 29,546
I know of one Geigerrig user who lost the mouthpiece after an off-road get-off and was quite frustrated that their pack would be useless for the rest of their 6-week trip.

It's a nice piece of equipment, but it's probably a good idea to carry an extra mouthpiece...and any other Geigerrig-specific parts.
AnnieGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #167
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieGS View Post
I know of one Geigerrig user who lost the mouthpiece after an off-road get-off and was quite frustrated that their pack would be useless for the rest of their 6-week trip.
And if they crashed and lost the mouthpiece off a Camelbak everything would have been OK? I think not.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #168
AnnieGS
Namasté, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
And if they crashed and lost the mouthpiece off a Camelbak everything would have been OK? I think not.
You can get a Camelbak and/or related replacement parts at just about any decent-sized camping or sporting goods store. Geigerrig? Not so much...yet.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #169
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
mouthpiece "falling off" a camelback. don't see how. i can barely pull it off for cleaning.

no experience with this products mouthpiece. any close ups?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #170
AnnieGS
Namasté, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
mouthpiece "falling off" a camelback. don't see how. i can barely pull it off for cleaning.
I lost one once when I landed on my back - it was blown right off.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #171
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Geigerrig answers

Yo... ADV Riders... We appreciate the inquiry and discussion here... Below are 3 videos that show close ups of the product, show us exploding a bomb inside a pack, and demonstrating durability and construction by throwing it out of truck onto asphalt multiple times. I think that this may answer some of the more recent discussion...as well we offer a lifetime warranty for leakage... just "contact us" on our website if something happens to your bite valve and pack. We'd love to provide the appropriate customer service:

1) Just Released: GEIGERRIG selected for "World's Greatest" along with Volvo, Marriot and Komatsu Engineering. To be aired in July on ION Television. Shows some good close ups of bite valve.
"World's Greatest!.... is a fast-paced tour around the world featuring behind-the-scenes footage and interviews of some of the most amazing and unique companies, products, people, and travel destinations the world has to offer!"

Bomb Placed Inside Pack To Test Hydration Engine Durability

Hydration Pack Thrown From Vehicle at 100MPH Onto Asphalt Multiple Times

For A Quick Reference Of Some Geigerrig Reviews Click Here
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #172
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

RIG 500 and 3L Hydration Engine

All GEIGERRIG packs will holster the GEIGERRIG 3L Hydration Engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
Will the 3L hydro pack fit into a RIG 500?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #173
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,998
Hi Bob,

I sent you an email and a video through your website about my mouthpiece. Can you please check it out.
Thanks.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #174
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER
Getting There!

Oddometer: 164
Hydration Engine

Owning approximately 6 Camelbacks I have to say, that the Geigerrig is a very nice concept.
Being in the nylon goods industry, they could stand to upgrade the thread used on the actual backpacks that the hydration unit is in. The thread is not bonded and similar to most of the low end tactical packs such as made by Condor. Nice stuff, well put together, but it would be a 200% improvement if they just used 69 bonded or 92 bonded nylon thread.
The hardware is also a little lacking. This is a relative subject and could go either way. If you are simply commuting with it, and never intend on going hardcore offroad, or using it as a bugout bag for a bike, then it is good to go. If you intend on using it as a bugout bag, or will be potentially doing some adventure riding, then you should just buy the Hydration Engine which will be hit on below and install it into a Maxpedition pack or Tactical Assault Gear pack. I purchased the larger digital color bag to try it out with the larger I think 3 liter bladder. I also purchased an additional bladder hydration engine for my Maxpedition pack. The hardware used on the packs provided by Geigerrig is the cheaper made in china kind and not the good stuff, and can easily break. Now, I know that they contract another company to make these, and most likely just have their name put on the packs. But again, they are satisfactory. I am biased and mostly spoiled as I have had a lot of experience with gear for the past 20 years. I notice the small things.

The Hydration Engine on the other hand is by far the best concept and quality when it comes to the actual bladder. The open top zip feature is extremely handy for using your own drink mixes in and for cleaning after. The large mouth camel backs do not even compete with this new concept. The air bulb is quality, but the release valve knob seems just a little cheap. The hose is standard hose just as camel back uses. The bite valve seems to be okay as well. The best thing is that you don't have to suck, and when you bite that valve, the water rushes out. I really packed the dogshit out of the packs, and the bladders held with ABSOLUTELY no issues at all whatsoever. It performed flawlessly and rapidly.

If this gets to the manufacturers, upgrade the air release valve to be more robust. Put neoprene covers on the hoses as an option if the military picks them up. Don't change anything about the concept and bladder. Ask that the manufacturers of the bags use 69 bonded nylon, or 92 bonded nylon. Upgrade the hardware to ITW Ghilitex IR Reducing if the military picks them up. Other than that. I would strongly recommend this system to anyone who is on the fence on whether to replace their camelback or get this system. Job well done.
"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs & emotions, liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood & demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave." Dr. Lyle Rossiter
'11 R1200GS Adventure, '12 F800GS III Black, '13 URAL GearUp
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #175
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER
Getting There!

Oddometer: 164
Additional comments

You can also use the Mcnett personal filtration units with these which are good for up to 50 gallons. My camelback quick disconnect fittings also fit the Geigerrig fittings. This is a great feature for the bugout bag as well as for those cases when your all day intended ride with limited water in your pack turns out to be a 3 day breakdown in the middle of nowhere with just the water on the ground. Shipping on my pack was extremely fast, as well as the companies communication with my order.
Military Water filter good for up to 50 gallons.
http://www.urbanertslings.com/frprulwafisy.html
Aqua-Mira water purification tablets to supplement the above filter.
http://www.urbanertslings.com/aqwaputa.html
"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs & emotions, liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood & demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave." Dr. Lyle Rossiter
'11 R1200GS Adventure, '12 F800GS III Black, '13 URAL GearUp
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #176
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER View Post
Owning approximately 6 Camelbacks I have to say, that the Geigerrig is a very nice concept.
Being in the nylon goods industry, they could stand to upgrade the thread used on the actual backpacks that the hydration unit is in. The thread is not bonded and similar to most of the low end tactical packs such as made by Condor. Nice stuff, well put together, but it would be a 200% improvement if they just used 69 bonded or 92 bonded nylon thread.
The hardware is also a little lacking. This is a relative subject and could go either way. If you are simply commuting with it, and never intend on going hardcore offroad, or using it as a bugout bag for a bike, then it is good to go. If you intend on using it as a bugout bag, or will be potentially doing some adventure riding, then you should just buy the Hydration Engine which will be hit on below and install it into a Maxpedition pack or Tactical Assault Gear pack. I purchased the larger digital color bag to try it out with the larger I think 3 liter bladder. I also purchased an additional bladder hydration engine for my Maxpedition pack. The hardware used on the packs provided by Geigerrig is the cheaper made in china kind and not the good stuff, and can easily break. Now, I know that they contract another company to make these, and most likely just have their name put on the packs. But again, they are satisfactory. I am biased and mostly spoiled as I have had a lot of experience with gear for the past 20 years. I notice the small things.

The Hydration Engine on the other hand is by far the best concept and quality when it comes to the actual bladder. The open top zip feature is extremely handy for using your own drink mixes in and for cleaning after. The large mouth camel backs do not even compete with this new concept. The air bulb is quality, but the release valve knob seems just a little cheap. The hose is standard hose just as camel back uses. The bite valve seems to be okay as well. The best thing is that you don't have to suck, and when you bite that valve, the water rushes out. I really packed the dogshit out of the packs, and the bladders held with ABSOLUTELY no issues at all whatsoever. It performed flawlessly and rapidly.

If this gets to the manufacturers, upgrade the air release valve to be more robust. Put neoprene covers on the hoses as an option if the military picks them up. Don't change anything about the concept and bladder. Ask that the manufacturers of the bags use 69 bonded nylon, or 92 bonded nylon. Upgrade the hardware to ITW Ghilitex IR Reducing if the military picks them up. Other than that. I would strongly recommend this system to anyone who is on the fence on whether to replace their camelback or get this system. Job well done.
OK, I need and want anything called a bugout bag...What IS a bugout bag???
Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #177
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
OK, I need and want anything called a bugout bag...What IS a bugout bag???
It's a bag/pack you keep loaded and ready to go in case you need/want to bug out.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #178
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

ADV RIDERS... (MORE GEIGERRIG OFFERS TO ALL OF YOU)

GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs would like to thank you for all of this great discussion and use of our premier hydration system. We love the great feedback and discussion that we see here and that we get to have with you by e-mail. Some of the e-mails and pictures received today were hilarious and motivating!

Accordingly, we would like to further extend to you our premier coalition of outdoor excitement and fun....

GEIGERRIG and Skullcandy have teamed up with Browning & Winchester, Ibis Bikes, Goode Skis, Ski Magazine, Freeskier Magazine, Snowboard Magazine, Mountain Reservation.com, and over 30 mountain resorts through the United States and Canada to provide anyone who purchases a GEIGERRIG Hydration Pack with free lift passes, free magazine subscriptions and more.

To view and flip through the the Skullcandy Mountain Passport (click here)

To visit and shop GEIGERRIG (click here)

For a quick snap-shot of GEIGERRIG reviews and testimonials (click here)

Anyone who has purchased a GEIGERRIG Hydration Pack (Complete Backpack Systems Only) in the past 12 months is entitled to receive a Skullcandy Mountain Passport if they e-mail a picture of themselves and their GEIGERRIG pack to bob@hubcityoutdoor.com. Send us a sexy picture, and tell us about your experience thus far with your GEIGERRIG Pack, and we may use it in a future GEIGERRIG ad - only with your permission of course.

All future shipments of GEIGERRIG packs to retailers will have these Mountain Passports affixed to the pack. Anyone who purchases a pack from a store that for some reason is missing an affixed Mountain Passport can e-mail us a picture of yourself and your GEIGERRIG pack to bob@hubcityoutdoor.com. We'll send you a free Passport in the mail.

Name:  SkullCandyPassport.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  8.3 KB
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #179
2touringtheworld
World shrinkers

Oddometer: 1,228
Rig Was Awesome

We put this in our TAT ride report already, but we had to chime in on this thread. I bought the GeigerRig 1600 for our TAT ride and it was indespensible! We left a bit early to beat the heat, but we ended up riding in 90 - 100+ degree temps just about every day. Oh did I forget to mention that it was muggy too?

Anyway, each morning I filled the Rig up with icecubes and water and by the end of the day the water was cold to cool despite the wicked temps. How cold was the water? Check out these pics of me cooling off Kim and you decide...

Pretty cold!

Anyway, the GeigerRig worked great and we won't ride without one. In fact, now Kim wants her own. So if you ask us, the GeigerRig was worth every penney we spent on it.

Oh and if you want to see the whole RR, it's here.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687532
2touringtheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #180
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,662
It probably had something to do with the exceptional value added, the overwhelming customer service and response.

I am more than grateful and have no issue with this being sticky.

Great vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
What makes this vendor able to get his for-profit company thread sticky'd at the top?

Is it like ebay where you can pay to have your product stay at the top, or does a Mod really like the product?.

In this day of PC on ADV, I'm just wondering and would like to sign up for this kind of positive exposure for my thread.

BTW, I'm in the market for a new hydration pack, as after many years of service my current brand is due for replacement.... Might have to check out this product, based on all the positive feedback found in this thread.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote