Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Minimalist Tube Cap

Edwood... thanks for the quick reply...

For the minimalist...

Name:  Tube Cap.JPG
Views: 1366
Size:  116.3 KB

Also...please forgive us for our logo placement on our product. We have so many people out there removing the guts of their traditional hydration pack and replacing them with a GEIGERRIG Hydration Engine. We'd like people to know that there is a patented GEIGERRIG Engine under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Very nice, but how about a minimalist, simple cap for just the bite valve like most other companies offer, like Camel-pak, Platypus, etc?

I like the availability of a removeable bulb holder so that it can be used on other packs, like large internal frame hiking packs. Well, despite the huge, gaudy logo badge.
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #197
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post

For the minimalist...

Perfect... This is just the right thing. You can hook it up to the pump hose so it doesn't hang down while riding.

Let me give you a short review on my Rig500. I am probably one of the first AdvRiders to give Geigerrig a shot. I got mine as soon as I saw this topic back in February. Got it on time and promotional filter as well. Wrote a long review and got a phone call after my review from Bob to discuss about my concerns and issues. Great great customer service.
My main problem was a small leakage from the mouth piece while I let it hung while I'm riding. Back in the days, I didnt know it wasn't suppose to leak at all. So I just kept it off until I stop and turned it on, drank, turn it off and keep riding. But after months of riding, it got worse and I finally contacted Bob. He asked me to send it back immediately and replaced it under lifetime leakage warranty.
Now it is amazing. Not a single drop is leaking. I should have done it long time ago. Now it performs how it is supposed to. And I'll be the first one to get one of those minimalist mouth piece covers along with a 3 liter engine.
Thanks Bob for this great product.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #198
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,142
Quote:
For the minimalist...

Can we order these caps now?
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #199
rmojo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Cap

I also would like to know when we can by a bite valve covers from Geigerrig.
rmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #200
Edwood
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:

For the minimalist...

Also...please forgive us for our logo placement on our product. We have so many people out there removing the guts of their traditional hydration pack and replacing them with a GEIGERRIG Hydration Engine. We'd like people to know that there is a patented GEIGERRIG Engine under the hood.
Perfect! That's EXACTLY what I want!

As for Logo Placement, you can do it tastefully and still get your name out. Like a small logo in the center of the product (like Apple), and the name "Geigerrig" off to the side, or at the top or bottom of the product. Also, "Geigerrig" on a nice little tag looks nice, while being more subtle.

-Ed
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #201
Edwood
n00b

Quote:
Product development image for gear inspired by inmates here at ADVRIDER.... (Will be available for purchase this winter and next spring...)

Attachment 277477
Is there going to be a magnetic version for attaching to the tank?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #202
charliesdaemon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Is there going to be a magnetic version for attaching to the tank?
+1

I ordered a rig 1200 yesterday. Can't wait to write a review.
charliesdaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #203
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Bite Valve Covers

ADV RIDERS....

Please keep an eye out on our website this fall for the Bite Valve covers and Insulated Tubes and Tube Garage systems. Probably this October.

We'll come on and notify you all when the systems are available on our site.

Thanks for all the great dialogue here.... Thanks for all the great discussion and feedback by e-mail. We're listening to all of you, and we enjoy all of your feedback about your adventures and use of GEIGERRIG packs.

We'll do something special for you all when we launch these new items. Grateful for the enthusiasm and feedback that we get here at ADV!

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #204
rmojo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
can't wait

hey if you need guys to test gear we are willing and able!
rmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #205
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

ADV RIDERS,

Today, the GEIGERRIG homepage (click here) moved ahead of the Camelbak homepage for a generic search for "Hydration Packs" on the internet. This may seem like shameless chest thumping from us....but truly it is a heartfelt thanks to all of you for so many voluntary internet inquiries, product reviews, discussions, and other postings on the internet. The culmination of all of the internet activity about GEIGERRIG is propelling GEIGERRIG forward. Thank you to the inmates here for your open mindedness, consideration and continued communication with our team here at GEIGERRIG. Sincerely appreciated. We're a new US company, aggressively growing in a difficult economy and in difficult times, and we are appreciative and grateful for everything good that happens for us. THANK YOU.
Name:  GEIGERRIG moves ahead of CAMELBAK.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  42.9 KB
Old 07-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #206
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 925
Just wanted to point out something you may find interesting:

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser...r_bubbles.html

With the emergence of filter bubbles, as explained in this video segment, the concept that the internet is universal goes away.

While Geigerrig might be at the top for you, it doesn't show up on the first page for me at all for the search term "Hydration Pack"

It's at the bottom of page 2 for me.
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
2006 VStrom 1000 "Felaróf" - July 13th, 2013 (73,000 miles)
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #207
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 431
Middle of page 3 for me.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #208
Edwood
n00b

4th listing on page 3 for me. And this result is considering the fact that I'm logged into a Google account and have looked at nothing but Geigerrig hydration stuff recently when looking for hydration related searches.

Amazon.com shopping page for Hydation packs is the very first hit, followed by Camelbak at #2.

Sorry Geigerrig, must have been a fluke hit, or some regional result thing.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #209
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,708
Just got my Rig 500 today. I am very impressed with the constuction and quick delivery. One thing-on your warranty page you don't have the 500 listed in the product purchased section. I used it this afternoon on my Polaris ranger while I was checking cows and spraying fences. Temps in the low to mid 90's. Fastened the 500 to the rollcage and had fresh cool water all evening. It will go in the tractor Saturday and finally with me on the bike Sunday.Thanks for a great product. Andy
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #210
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,450
Quote:
Purchased a RIG700 and I can see why people do it. The hydration engine is brilliant in many aspects, but disappointed by the backpack design. I expected a separate insulated compartment for the bladder, but it just sits in uninsulated pocket in the main compartment. And why the main compartment needs 2 zippers?

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is online now   Reply With Quote