Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #211
Edwood
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Since Hydrapak is the OEM manufacturer for most of Geigerrig's hydration engine. Looks like you can buy their components for drinking tubes to use with our Hydration Engines right now if you wanted.

http://www.hydrapak.com/store-2/#ecw...=0&sort=normal

The bite valve used in the Geigerrigs are the Hydropak Surge Valve. Looks like the other bite valves might work too. There is an Insulated Tube Kit with a straight bite valve and Cover. The Plug-n-Play connector looks exactly the same. For the minimalist Bite Valve Cover you could just buy the Straight Bite Valve with Cover and just use the Cover.

Hey, Geigerrig.

Can you look into getting the Hydrafusion Tube to offer for sale separately? http://www.hydrapak.com/hydrafusion-tube/
Has a nifty cap and much less bulky than neoprene cover. Would be a nice upgrade to the stock Tube with Surge Valve.

-Ed

Edwood screwed with this post 07-30-2011 at 02:02 AM
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #212
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
GEIGERRIG Info

Hey There Inmates,

A couple of thoughts to the comments immediately above.... By the way, THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS!

1) RIG 700: You are correct that the bladder loads into the main compartment. Please note though that there is a separate Nylon sleeve within the compartment that is to host the Hydration Engine when loaded in there. We haven't been packaging the packs with the Hydration Engine loaded into the sleeve, and we are considering doing that from now on. However, when we first started going, we wanted the hydration engine to be more visible to the consumer because of the differences in construction and fabrication. We didn't want it hidden in the separate nylon sleeve. I know that what I am describing isn't an entire different chamber in the pack for the hydration engine, but it is a separate compartment/sleeve within the main compartment.

2) OEM Hydrapak: When we began building the GEIGERRIG, we wanted to work with a company that focused solely on the construction of hydration bladders. Hydrapak does that. Many of the other companies OEM their bladders from factories and companies that build all kinds of things, and thus the bladder construction may not receive the necessary attention that it needs and deserves. With Hydrapak, we were happy to be working with a company that really takes quality construction seriously. We have a good relationship with Hydrapak to build the patented GEIGERRIG system. As to some of their other components... we are working with them to consider integration into our packs. Some we will choose to use while other we will forgo in lieu of our own designs and engineering. We are working on all kinds of systems that will be of benefit to all. Keep an eye out on our website.

Hope you all are having a great weekend....have fun riding....be safe.

GEIGERRIG
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #213
Apachezulu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
Hey There Inmates,

A couple of thoughts to the comments immediately above.... By the way, THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS!

1) RIG 700: You are correct that the bladder loads into the main compartment. Please note though that there is a separate Nylon sleeve within the compartment that is to host the Hydration Engine when loaded in there. We haven't been packaging the packs with the Hydration Engine loaded into the sleeve, and we are considering doing that from now on. However, when we first started going, we wanted the hydration engine to be more visible to the consumer because of the differences in construction and fabrication. We didn't want it hidden in the separate nylon sleeve.
GEIGERRIG
Mine arrived today and no assembly required! Filled her up and went for a ride...couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the GREAT product and fast shipping! I Likey!
Apachezulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #214
flyingreg
just ridin' along

Oddometer: 242
1200 camo rig just ordered. I'll be watching for the mailman again.

Thanks Geigerrig and ADV inmates.

"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
flyingreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #215
Daryl D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
1200 camo set up

Just received the 1200 camo rig. Looks great and well made. I will try it out this weekend on a duel sport camping trip to the high Sierra's.

Thanks Bob (at Geigerrig) for all your help with the questions

Daryl
Daryl D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #216
Edwood
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Just tried my Geigerrig Hydration engine on a mountain hike this weekend. Summit was only just under 10K feet. I have the 3L Engine, and at around the last liter or so (a little less) the spraying stopped working. I had to suck the last bit of water. So the "Never Suck Again" is not true if you need to use all the water in the Hydration Engine. At least at higher elevations.

Fortunately the bladder is very easy to clean, but it sucked (no pun intended) to have to suck so much to get the last bit of water out of my Hydration Engine.

-Ed
Edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #217
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Edwood - Sucking Sucks

Agreed that sucking sucks! Always.

Please feel free to give our office a call at 801-823-3336 or 801-823-3335, and we'll see if we can provide a bit of helpful advise to keep the spray going.

Once you've sprayed.... It can be very frustrating to suck. We know. Let's see what can be done to help.

Please ask for Curt or Bob.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
Old 08-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #218
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

You choose: Less thorough product overview....with a blonde or More thorough product overview...no blonde....

Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #219
lostmarbles
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
just put a order in for a GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs i'll give a update when it is in hand and can put it
through the work on the trail

Don't tell me the skies the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Have you seen my marbles?
you can't be lost if you still have half a tank
save 5$ on smugmug.com coupon #----(DE9oGz4LoiNZA )
lostmarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #220
funsummer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
500 review

ok well i have now tested the 500 rig for about 6 months, got it with the filter and spare tube a few weeks later after rig arrived.
Firstly, it has being a great product, and i am happy i purchased this unit.

Ok, my concerns.

1-the waist strap, it fits me just, i am size 38 pants, 6'2 tall, 107kg and wear revit full sand suit, also wear kidney belt.
it could be a little bigger as i am not small but its tight, especially if i have stuff in my jacket pockets. Beer belly's will be in trouble.

2-the chest strap can be a little tricky, i wear a leatt neck brace and it is a little tricky to put the rig on and get it to sit in right place on brace. But once on it sits in the right place and fits well. To remove it is hard to try get the chest clip released.
I dont have a simple solution to this but could geigerrig look at the fitment when a leatt brace is being used?

3-the bite valve, i have lost a lot of water when offroading from not closing the valve. when the valve hits my forearm during aggressive riding it is opened causing the water loss. This is worse if the tube is left unclipped from shoulder strap.
i have being closing the valve manually and this helps combat the problem.

4-the bite valve closing mechanism, in the dark it is not possible to tell if the valve is in the open or shut position.
Can the valve have a more clearly designed marking and or shape so it can be easily identified as open or shut.

5-capacity, 2L is not enough for hot days, option of second loop to hang second bag or 3L bag that fits small packs would be good.

6-i have being looking at buying a new pack with the 3L bag, rig 1200 i think, from your website i could not ascertain what pockets the bag has/ internal/external and general arrangment and size comparision to the smaller 500 that i own. I was lucky enough that a army surplus store in my home town stocked your product so i was able to personally check the 1200 out. Your website could do with a better comparison / information page to make selection a bit easier.

Please understand that i am very happy with the product i purchased from your site 6 months or so ago.
It is tough and dependable.
the bite valve cap is a very welcome addition as once covered in mud, even with the water squirting it still has a texture like mud and water.
Thanks for a great product.

Joel
funsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #221
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by funsummer View Post
5-capacity, 2L is not enough for hot days, option of second loop to hang second bag or 3L bag that fits small packs would be good.
The 3L bag will fit in your RIG 500. It fits in mine.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #222
funsummer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Thanks Gargoyle,
i think i will get the rig 1200 and take the 3l bag from that and have the versatility of a big and small bag.
i much prefer not having a tank bag when its rough.
Joe l
funsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #223
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 6,141
Love my Rig 700 for its convenience & build quality, but two things continue to irritate:

First and foremost, I cannot make the water stored within taste like anything but the hot vinyl garden hose you drank from at least once as a kid. It's horrid, and I dread every swig I can so easily take from it. Yes, it's been washed. I even left water in it for a couple of weeks hoping that taste would go away, but no luck.

Second, the hose from the pump bulb to the bladder comes off far too easily, and generally I only notice after I have gotten underway. A minor gripe, really, compared to the first one.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #224
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,673
Taste

I turned mine inside out and stuffed a water bottle in it so it would stand up in the dishwasher and ran it through the meg cycle 5 or six times until the taste went away. That was a few months ago and now I find the taste is back a little but pretty mild. I'm happy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
Love my Rig 700 for its convenience & build quality, but two things continue to irritate:

First and foremost, I cannot make the water stored within taste like anything but the hot vinyl garden hose you drank from at least once as a kid. It's horrid, and I dread every swig I can so easily take from it. Yes, it's been washed. I even left water in it for a couple of weeks hoping that taste would go away, but no luck.

Second, the hose from the pump bulb to the bladder comes off far too easily, and generally I only notice after I have gotten underway. A minor gripe, really, compared to the first one.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #225
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
I turned mine inside out and stuffed a water bottle in it so it would stand up in the dishwasher and ran it through the meg cycle 5 or six times until the taste went away. That was a few months ago and now I find the taste is back a little but pretty mild. I'm happy now.

I did the same thing but only washed it a couple timed.
Fresh and clean now. It is awesome that it is so easy to clean.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote