Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #316
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,302
My 1600 turned up today .....very good Quality as i expected ....they shoot some water if ya pump em up hard

the only gripe i have is the drink tube is to short ....and i would think you need to clip it in its holder otherwise it pokes out a bit with the pressure in the tube

or is it just coz its new and a lil stiff

otherwise ... i hope to get many good yrs out of this
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #317
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
I ordered the 700 ballistic and a 3L bag. I really wish they sold this combo from the start. I almost did the 1600 but its to big. The only thing I like to carry on my back is water.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #318
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
I ordered the 700 ballistic and a 3L bag. I really wish they sold this combo from the start. I almost did the 1600 but its to big. The only thing I like to carry on my back is water.
I'm in the same boat. Can you fit the 3L bag in the Bando?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #319
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,439
Good luck getting an answer to that question.....I asked whether or not they'd consider doing a Bando in hi-vis last month (and two posts from Bob) ago and never got an answer. Seems like he just drops in, puts a post up and leaves without reading the rest of the activity on the thread.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #320
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Good luck getting an answer to that question.....I asked whether or not they'd consider doing a Bando in hi-vis last month (and two posts from Bob) ago and never got an answer. Seems like he just drops in, puts a post up and leaves without reading the rest of the activity on the thread.
I emailed Bob and he said that the Bando will fit the 3L reservoir but they are not planning to make it in anything other than what's currently offered.

Does anyone here have the Bando? How does it fit with a jacket and armor? I like that style better than the backpack. REI doesn't carry it, so I can't try it on.

James Adams screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 09:11 PM
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #321
Sean-0
straya carnt

Well i put the rig 1600 to the test ....it had a small fail
the plastic clip the holds the shoulder strap on broke ...the 1 that connects the thinner strap to the padded shoulder strap

tho after the crash the pump stream was a savior ..i split my rad and was able to clean it b4 i put my quick steal on

allso used it to spray water over my shoulder at my ride buddys when it was cold in the morning ..sprays nice at a 100kms hr

is there a fix i can do for my pack ..i need a new buckle but the loop where the buckle is stitched up

here is the vid of the crash so u can see the hit i took

there is foul language be warned

Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #322
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER
Getting There!

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Well i put the rig 1600 to the test ....it had a small fail
the plastic clip the holds the shoulder strap on broke ...the 1 that connects the thinner strap to the padded shoulder strap

is there a fix i can do for my pack ..i need a new buckle but the loop where the buckle is stitched up

Holy shit that was a hard hit. The good news is that there is an easy fix. You can get a field replaceable ladderloc.
You can get them at this website in small quantities. There is no sewing necessary. Just take a pair of "side dikes", wire cutters, and cut the center bar of the existing ladderloc and remove it from the sewn in webbing portion to the pad. Then insert the split portion of the new ladderloc into the webbing. Then remove the shoulder cinch strap through the tensioning bar of the old ladderloc and reinsert it into the new one in the same configuration. I would do both sides just to have them look the same.
http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...6&ParentCat=30

The other option would be to get two new 1" ladderlocs and take it to a local contract sewer. They can easily remove the stitching, replace and re-sew it in about 20 minutes. Make sure that they use a minimum of 69bonded thread. If they use standard thread it will break.
Good luck.
"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs & emotions, liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood & demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave." Dr. Lyle Rossiter
'11 R1200GS Adventure, '12 F800GS III Black, '13 URAL GearUp
URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #323
Sean-0
straya carnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN-ERT TACTIRIDER View Post
Holy shit that was a hard hit. The good news is that there is an easy fix. You can get a field replaceable ladderloc.
You can get them at this website in small quantities. There is no sewing necessary. Just take a pair of "side dikes", wire cutters, and cut the center bar of the existing ladderloc and remove it from the sewn in webbing portion to the pad. Then insert the split portion of the new ladderloc into the webbing. Then remove the shoulder cinch strap through the tensioning bar of the old ladderloc and reinsert it into the new one in the same configuration. I would do both sides just to have them look the same.
http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...6&ParentCat=30

The other option would be to get two new 1" ladderlocs and take it to a local contract sewer. They can easily remove the stitching, replace and re-sew it in about 20 minutes. Make sure that they use a minimum of 69bonded thread. If they use standard thread it will break.
Good luck.
great advise i appreciate the link ... i think ill grab a few of those ... but ill take your advise and look for a sewer to fix it proper

bloody great pack tho and the bladder is fantastic
i give them a 5 star rating
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #324
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Bob Geiger Here

Sorry Guys... Didn't ean to drop off for that long. Have been spending time working with military personnel, and just didn't get here as often as normal.

I saw a couple of posts above that I am certain we can help with:

1) Yes, the Bando can holster the 3L engine. All of our packs can holster a 3L engine.
2) Broken part on pack... If you have something like this, please e-mail me directly at bob@hubcityoutdoor.com and cc matt@hubcityoutdoor.com. We'll try to solve your problem. We may have the very part you are looking for. We also do a good job with warranty. Oh...there is also one more person that you can contact as well curt@hubcityoutdoor.com. Be sure to note that you are from ADV Rider. The guys here know how supportive you've all been.

Finally... I haven't done this yet, but I'm going to as I have been traveling a lot. My cell number is 801-643-1806... you can feel free to call. I don't want to leave any of you hanging.

Please put ADVRider in the subject line of any e-mail to us. We'll get you covered!
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #325
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
One More Thing

If you guys need an extended drink tube, you can contact us at matt@hubcityoutdoor.com and ask for one. We'll build one for you if we can.

When you contact Matt via e-mail, please do the following:

Subject: ADVRider Help
Text: Please note if your hydration engine has a black female fitting with a grey button on the hydration engine or a clear male fitting with a black o-ring. This is the actual fitting on the hydration engine...not the drink tube.

Then...ask for an extended tube. We'll see what we can gin up.

Tell Matt that Bob Geiger sent you from the ADVrider site.
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #326
Sean-0
straya carnt

Bob your a bloody ripper mate

sent that email to ya ..... ill await the experts opinion
Old 06-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #327
Sean-0
straya carnt

What can i say ....These guys are the best in the game
Bob Emailed me not more than 10 hrs after i sent mine
His response to my broken ladder buckle .Sean we will send you a new pack
what model is yours

I am totally blown away ....my stupidity broke my buckle ....Geigerrig is the best company and product i have dealt with ....
Not only do you get your problem solved ...but your problem is solved by the CEO of the company
If your sitting there thinking are these as good as every body say's and thinking of dropping the coin on 1

Plz do it ..it will be the best money spent in a long time

Bob and the team at Geigerrig ....you guys rock
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #328
MsSuzieQ
Adventure sister

Oddometer: 78
Geigerrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieGS View Post
You can get a Camelbak and/or related replacement parts at just about any decent-sized camping or sporting goods store. Geigerrig? Not so much...yet.
As an aside and information.. Geigerrig is carried by Tucker Rocky.. so if your off on an adventure and break or lose a piece.. all you have to do, is stop by any bike shop that deals with Tucker (most do) and order your part.. it might take a day or two depending on your locale, but we stock the entire line of pieces and parts for the rigs...

Oh and hello Bob, good to see you again.. hope to see you at the Tucker dealer show this July!

2000 V-Star 650 (Sold 5/30/12)
1999 Road King (hated it, gave to the boyfriend)
2006 Road Star Silverado (yeah, that's more like it)
MsSuzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #329
NCK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
After taking my 1600 to a couple different countries, and using it extensively on weekends - I'm thrilled with it. Just thrilled. Fantastic product.
NCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #330
Sean-0
straya carnt

More great work from Geigerrig ....I got sent a brand new pack to replace the broken ladder buckle that i caused when i crashed

Bob emailed the distributor here in Australia ... i got an email the same day from our Aussie distributor ... new pack sent to me 2 days later

i offered to ship my pack back to them ... they told me to keep them both

Fantastic company and the best product i have seen in the hydration line

Cannot recommend them enough