Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #376
Stinky
Team Hematoma

Oddometer: 439
I just want to give a shout out to Bob and the Geigerrig crew. I've had my RIG 1600 for a couple of years now and very happy with the product and the support. On a recent trip, in an attempt to get away from a swarm of Yellowjackets, I had to beat a hasty retreat, forgetting I'd hooked the pack on my footpeg. I drug it down the road at speed for a quarter of a mile and in the process wore the waiststrap through in a spot (total sum of the damage, amazing in itself). I contacted them via email and 3 days later had a new strap in my hands at no charge. If that doesn't demonstrate superb support (and a tough product) I don't know what does. I'm a lifetime customer. Thanks a lot Bob. I wish everyone provided that level of support.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #377
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,364
Update 9-9-13

I purchased a Rig 1600 on Wednesday and had it Friday. Can't complain about that!

Tried it out on a 250 mile loop yesterday and I'm already loving it. I was concerned that since the thing is black that the water would heat quickly, which wasn't the case . Being able to purge any warm water from the drink tube is pretty nice too, although I would have to say that warm water in the tube really wasn't much of an issue, even after leaving the rig on the seat of my bike at our lunch stop.

Doing a ride and hike next weekend where I'll be using the pack portion for more of what it was intended for so I'll let you know how that works out. Probably not putting my small CamelBack in the Flea Market yet because it's smaller size is just too convenient for some situations, but it's going to be spending a lot more time in the closet.

Really the only complaint that I have would be that the shoulder straps are difficult to tighten up, once the rig is on your back, especially with gloves on. The end of the webbing is folded over and sewn through so that it cant slip back through the adjuster but the resulting "Tab" is so small

and slides up really snugly inside the adjuster

making it dammed near impossible to grab it to tighten the straps when you have it on your back . If you have you gloves on, forget it! A larger tab or a second fold a little further up the webbing (to keep the end tab out from under the adjuster) would make the rig just about perfect!

Bottom line? Worth every penny, despite that minor hassle of the strap. If you're on the fence about buying a 1600 and have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best answer them for you.

So, I used the pack for my ride and hike this weekend and am quite happy with the set-up. I'll have to mess around a little to adjust my packing of the contents of the pack as the bladder takes up a fair amount of space when full. Be warned, there are a ton of pockets on the 1600. I spent a fair amount of time searching the pockets while asking myself "Now which pocket did I put that in????" Seriously, there are tons of pockets and tie points offering an almost endless variety of places and methods to pack .

Two notes:
1st, I never had a plastic taste until I was too lazy to drain the bladder at the end of the day and left the water in it overnight. Then there was a very distinct and unpleasant taste to the water in the AM. I had washed the bladder prior to using it but obviously wasn't doing anything more than rinsing it while camping. Wasn't a big deal for me as I had ready access to fresh water but might be an issue if you can't rinse it and refill it daily. Going to do the lemon juice rinse and then run it through the dishwasher to see if that makes the problem go away.
2nd, I had a little problem with the bladder losing pressure during the day. I think that it was due the relief valve at the top of the bulb getting pressed by the strap because of where I set it up. I'm going to test it out without wearing it and see if it holds pressure, just to be sure, but I'd almost be willing to bet it was how I adjusted the pack to wear it. However, it's definitely something to be aware of when you adjust your straps etc..
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS

NHBill screwed with this post 09-09-2013 at 02:13 PM
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #378
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 672
Tried the code, but it is not working. Am I too late to the party?
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #379
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Yup...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
2009 F650GS
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #380
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Offer still stands - sorry!

SORRY!

This is Bob Geiger with Geigerrig. I want to make sure that you all know that the offer still stands.

Please continue to follow the directions at the beginning of this thread, and we'll get you covered.

If you have placed an order for our product, used the promo code, and didn't get your filter, here's what we'd like you to do:

1) Send an e-mail to: jordan@hubcityoutdoor.com. cc: brock@hubcityoutdoor.com.

2) Notify them that you are from ADV rider, that you placed and order, and didn't get your free filter.

3) Provide your full name and mailing address in your e-mail.

Jordan and Brock will look up your order, confirm that you placed it and that we didn't send you your filter. Then... We'll send you the free filter.

AGAIN! Sorry for the mess up.

As always, we support the crew here and welcome the opportunity to fulfill our offer to you.

Jordan and Brock are on standby....

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #381
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
One More Note...

Another quick note...

If you have questions about products or special needs for setting up your GEIGERRIG, please send the inquiry to:

Jordan@hubcityoutdoor.com and cc: brock@hubcityoutdoor.com

They are great guys and will get you taken care of.

My personal e-mail is bob@hubcityoutdoor.com and my office line is 801-823-3336.

It is a bit harder to reach me these days, but yell at me a bit if my team is not taking care of you.

Inmates can also shoot a message to the President of GEIGERRIG at: curt@hubcityoutdoor.com.

BROCK AND JORDAN will be briefed in our next staff meeting regarding this message and the last. Great guys... they will get you covered.

We always want to take care of the inmates here at ADV Rider.

Best Regards,
Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #382
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

My Bad. I had PM'd GB and was told the deal was over... I didn't even try to use the code when I ordered .
2009 F650GS
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #383
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Oddometer: 76
GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs - Best New Product

Recently I tossed a tonic water into a camelback and discovered that I could pressurize my hydration system... then I ran across this thread. So,
I purchased an engine and a filter last week. The product was sent very fast, and the product certainly is one of the best on the market today.

BTW: I entered the code and the website said it was invalid. Wrote an email as per the above post, but it was put it back on me for not entering the code even though I did. Bummer, but then again I've never even gotten an email from camelback!

The hydration engine might be good enough to purchase again without the hassle of a discount/no discount code, but I have questions about the product line. Thought maybe some of those who are in the know could help:

Can we get more of just the bladders? I don't need all the tubes and bulbs, just more of the bladders. I want to either use different items in the bladders (e.g., water vs sports drink, dirty vs clean water, or keep one chilling in my polar-bear cooler while drinking from another)

Anyone have additional pictures of the shuttle on their bikes? Does it work well as a tank bag or primarily as a backseat bag?

The bladder would be good to use as a hot pack when in a hammock (or tent) if wrapped in a towel or climashield. Can the bladder handle boiling water (or 180degree water)?

There are two filters listed on the website, but one that looks replaceable cartridge says it won't be out until spring. What is the difference between the two filters? Spring 2014, or is it already available and the website needs updating?

Thanks.

SnoreMachine screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 04:23 PM
SnoreMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #384
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 941
This happened to me today... was pumping up my rig, and heard a small "pop", then I noticed the bag lost a lot of air. I didn't have it filled any more than usual, so I was surprised. What I found was the drink tube popped off of the bottom of the bag. The connector thing was still attached, so all the water (unfortunately) ran out into my backpack.

First time I've seen that, but just a heads-up, because I never even figured that was possible.

(Otherwise, I really like the thing- people are always asking me about it.)
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #385
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRon View Post
This happened to me today... was pumping up my rig, and heard a small "pop", then I noticed the bag lost a lot of air. I didn't have it filled any more than usual, so I was surprised. What I found was the drink tube popped off of the bottom of the bag. The connector thing was still attached, so all the water (unfortunately) ran out into my backpack.

First time I've seen that, but just a heads-up, because I never even figured that was possible.

(Otherwise, I really like the thing- people are always asking me about it.)
Go to their web site and submit a warranty claim. They will take care of it.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #386
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Go to their web site and submit a warranty claim. They will take care of it.
It's not really broken or damaged, so I didn't think it warranted a warranty claim. If it happens again, I probably will. Now that I think about it... I could probably cut the bottom inch off the tube and reattach it. That will probably tighten it up.
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #387
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,709
got me a brand new 1600 w/3l engine. tanks again

questions though

i plan on using it as a shovel if ever needed in sand, mud or snow. but what is it really, really for?

and where does it go?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #388
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
got me a brand new 1600 w/3l engine. tanks again

questions though

i plan on using it as a shovel if ever needed in sand, mud or snow. but what is it really, really for?

and where does it go?
Looks like the back pad to me.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #389
e010584
Dirt Rider

Oddometer: 15
Geigerrig Back Plate / Pressure Plate

Not sure what Geigerrig calls it, but that is intended to go in your back between the bladder and the back pad. It is intended to provide a flat surface against your back since the bladder (hydration engine) becomes round when pressurized. These weren't in the early Geigerrigs and now I think they have one with them on both sides to the bladder to keep it flat on the outside too. It's intended for comfort, but can certainly be removed if not an issue given it does add weight.
e010584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #390
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,391
GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs - Best New Product

I have a little-used black 500 for sale in "Other" if anyone is interested. With filter and new drinking tube.

1/11 update: Sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Blue screwed with this post 01-11-2014 at 02:37 PM
Old Blue is online now   Reply With Quote