Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #61
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,130
Order placed, after reading the evaluations here, I'm expecting great things.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #62
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Recieved my Rig 500 and filter kit today, it is a dead set bobby dazzler. Very well made, quality materials and engineering and it works like it's suppose to. Well done to everyone at Geigerrig, I'll flog a few of these for ya, no worries.

Cheers.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #63
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 901
Looks like a great product! I did not see it posted anywhere, but how long is the hydration hose? I'd like to place it either on the rear seat or top of the saddlebag. Would the hose reach?

DAVE
He bought this bike with his own money as a "fixer upper" that he can ride and learn to wrench on. Part of owning is he will buy parts and wrench on it himself. We are going through it together and having fun! I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.
deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #64
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
That's a great idea, my RIG 1600 is 36" long. It would be easy to pick up a barbed fitting and some hose at the hardware store and extend it. If you get the filter ready tube, you could set up an extension in place of the filter. That's what I would do, then you could remove it when wearing on your back.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places Iíve been there werenít even roads!
Toyanvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #65
Bullitt68
Back in the Saddle

Oddometer: 6
Thumb I'm impressed and I haven't received anything yet...

Received an unexpected call from Bob Geiger today to let me know that my drink tube and filter are being shipped. Now that's what I call customer service when the VP of the company calls you about your order!

GEORGE

Bullitt68 screwed with this post 03-11-2011 at 04:40 PM
Bullitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #66
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil View Post
I received mine today in one word WOW. Quality is outstanding. I have had a lot of packs and this one is the best.

I was able to get all this in mine

Toyanvil - Awesome post, thanks. Thanks for the pics.

I'm looking at the 1600 as well and have a couple questions for you (or Bob if he can answer) if I may. An important feature for my packs are pockets for organization of my carry gear. Can you please describe all the internal and external pockets in your 1600? I can make out two internal pockets from your pic but can't tell how big the second one that is behind the first internal pocket is. Could you give me an idea about the number and size of internal pockets? Do you have pics of the pockets? Also is that a small internal key pocket I see? Also approximately how big (and is it used for a specific purpose)is the small vertical pocket on the outside of the main compartment of the pack? Thanks in advance for your insight. I checked the website but there are no insightful pics to answer my "pockets on the pack" question.

Thanks guys.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #67
Toyanvil
Adventurer

The small pocket on the outside is for an MP3 player, I use it for my cell phone. There are also two compartments on the outside by the waistband, one on each side, I keep my food and snacks in those. I can tell you an XD sub-compact will also fit in one The inside also has pockets, some that zipper. I am on my way to work, but will take some more pictures when I get home.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places Iíve been there werenít even roads!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #68
Toyanvil
Adventurer

There are one of these on each side.

One on each side of waistband.

On the inside.

It is hard to see, but the front one has two compartments and the rear is
one.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #69
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,757
Placed my order today.

Go ahead...take a guess which rig?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #70
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,623
Toyanvil - Cheers for the pics!! You're a gent for going to all that trouble, thank you, and its greatly appreciated.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #71
Madurbu
Taxpayer

Oddometer: 180
I just spoke to Bob Geiger. He called me at home to respond to an email question I sent. He's a real nice guy and took the time to call me to discuss a minor shipping error. I've dealt with a few different vendors over the years and this is the first time the company has reached out to call me. The service from Geigerrig has been exceptional

Thanks again Bob!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #72
kootenay kid
Lets Ride

Oddometer: 2,614
Mines on the way. I was never impressed with mu friends camel back, everyone sucking on that tube just freaked me out. Looking forward to a good thing!
kootenay kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #73
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,757
Wow!

Fantastic quality and thoughtfully engineered.

Ordered on sunday, It was here tuesday morning...the filter on wednesday.

Honestly, I didn't expect the quality and general thoughtfulness that went in to the design.

I expected to be paying a little more somewhat for the novelty of something new. But man, this rig is NICE!

The quick disconnects and easy fill/clean bladder are awesome.

I bought this rig to keep packed as a B.O.B., use during hunting season and use the hydo pack in my tank bag. It's going to be wonderful in this capacity.
Stocking it now and I'll put it thru the paces

Of course having it named after me didn't hurt either

Rig1200 CAMO
Old 03-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #74
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,040
ok I have a small review and a couple of questions:

I purchased a GG 500 back a couple months ago and today was the first time to use it. Initial impressions upon loading it are very positive. The bite valves is fairly sensitive and will spray if it is bounced against my aerostich while going down the road. Overall it is a very nice set up. I was kind of surprised at the lack of storage space. A couple of negatives that I may have to change.....I am not anything near as a skinny man and the waist strap will not reach around my waist(I wear a 38" pant) so I will likely have to get them extended somehow. I wear a 52" jacket and find the shoulder strap lengths fine to be adjusted out over my aerostich.

That being said, I am wanting to buy a second one(so my son can use the original while we ride) but would like to get a larger model to carry a few items while on the bike(particularly thumper). I would like a little room to carry some small tools and maybe a spare tube. For those of you who have purchased the models larger than the 500 which one would you suggest?
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #75
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGreg View Post
Wow!

Fantastic quality and thoughtfully engineered.

Ordered on sunday, It was here tuesday morning...the filter on wednesday.

Honestly, I didn't expect the quality and general thoughtfulness that went in to the design.

I expected to be paying a little more somewhat for the novelty of something new. But man, this rig is NICE!

The quick disconnects and easy fill/clean bladder are awesome.

I bought this rig to keep packed as a B.O.B., use during hunting season and use the hydo pack in my tank bag. It's going to be wonderful in this capacity.
Stocking it now and I'll put it thru the paces

Of course having it named after me didn't hurt either

Rig1200 CAMO
Copycat.... I had mine first

I have been using it almost every day. I still need to do a review but have been pressed for time.

Regarding the short waist strap, They sent me a larger one when
I asked about buying materials to make one. I was impressed to find they were removable. Very well thought out piece of gear. Not many short comings at all.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote