User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #121
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Hey ADV Crew...

Specs and FAQs for GEIGERRIG Filter (click below)

FILTER SPECS AND FAQs (click here)

Name:  In-Line Filter.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  89.1 KB

Have a great day! Enjoying all of the stories and communication that we get to have with you guys. Lots of fun being had out there!!!
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #122
DallasMadMan
Who me?

Oddometer: 10
Love it! Thanks Bob!!

I've been using my 500 now for a few weeks and love it. It's very well made and works exactly like Bob says it does.

I'm buying another one for my wife.

Thanks Bob for a great product and excellent customer service.

Scott
DallasMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #123
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,368
Just ordered the blue 1200 rig...
Old 04-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #124
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,908
Awesome customer service, and I don't even have mine yet. There was a problem with my credit card, and Bob called me personally to ask me about it 'cause it had been sitting in limbo for about a week. Got it all straightened out and it's shipping today. I'm really looking forward to using it this summer!
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #125
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

GEIGERRIG Stickers

ADV Riders,

Happy Easter Weekend.

As of late, we have received a large number of inquiries from ADV Riders about GEIGERRIG "NEVER SUCK AGAIN" stickers. We have some if you would like... (See pick below.)

Just shoot us an e-mail to bob@hubcityoutdoor.com with your name and shipping address. We'll send'm out while supplies last.

They will come to you via US postal service. No charge!

All we ask is that you post some cool, adventurous pictures of where you stickm'.

Name:  DSC00943small.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  144.7 KB
Old 04-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #126
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,368
So, I ordered a Geigerrig 1200 on Tuesday, they called me on Wednesday afternoon to confirm what color I wanted (turns out the 1200 only comes in black, the blue one listed on their website is a mistake (of course I wanted blue)), and the rig was at my door Friday night. I cannot believe how fast the entire transaction went.

One question I do have though is how much bigger is the 1600 over the 1200? I have been looking for a replacement for my everyday backpack. The 1200 will work but I'm thinking I may need something a tad bigger. The photos of the 1600 look huge, which is why I did not choose it in the first place. I commute on my R1100S everyday and carry my backpack in a 48L Coocase top case. The 1200 fits fine with my other stuff I carry in there, but am not sure the 1600 will fit too.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #127
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

RIG 1600 vs. RIG 1200 (SIZE)

The RIG 1600 is 1600 cubic inches, while the RIG 1200 is 1200 cubic inches. This additional 400 cubic inches is a 30% increase in capacity from the RIG 1200 to the RIG 1600.

That being said, when you wear the RIG 1600, it won't feel significantly larger than the RIG 1200...in fact, the RIG 1200 and RIG 1600 feel very similar in fit and in size. The 1680 Ballistic Nylon of the RIG 1600 maintains the pack's shape and profile very nicely... thus preventing the pack from having a sloppy fit.

Branch Whitney - guide, hiking Guru of the Southwest, and author of several hiking and trekking books just reviewed the RIG 1600 and reported that it was "the best back I have ever worn" - (Click Here for Branch Whitney's Review and for access to his original article about the RIG 1600.)

After testing the RIG 1600, Branch wanted us to get his full feelings about the RIG 1600 and GEIGERRIG packs, so he made this video and sent it to our headquarters. I've hesitated sharing the video because it looks like a darn "paid" ad. But, it wasn't. Branch Whitney made the video on his own and sent it to us as an expression of his true thoughts after testing the RIG 1600 and the GEIGERRIG pressurized hydration system: (This video may give you an idea of the pack fit. Know that the RIG 1600 has compression straps to tighten up the profile if you want. Also know that the pack worn by Branch in this video was "full" of gear - fully loaded with compression straps loosened.)

GEIGERRIG screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 11:45 AM
Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #128
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Rig 1200

BACKPACKER.COM REVIEW
Published Yesterday
GEIGERRIG PACKS (RIG 1200) - GEIGERRIG IN-LINE FILTER

Now... The previous review by Branch Whitney focuses a lot on the RIG 1600. However, yesterday's review by Backpacker.com of the RIG 1200 Hydration Pack, GEIGERRIG Hydration Engine, and GEIGERRIG in-line filter provided this as their "bottom line" report:

"Bottom line: The best hydration system I've found! Not the lightest, but worth the weight for no-suck, no-slosh, shareable hydration and fast in-line filtration on the trail."

CLICK HERE...
FOR THE 8 SLIDE PRESENTATION OF GEIGERRIG BY BACKPACKER.COM

Note: The link above will take you directly to slide 7 of 8 because it is slide 7 where Backpacker.com provides their "bottom line" statement about GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs. There are arrows and links on the Backpacker Magazine review that navigate to the 7 other slides of images, review and discussion of GEIGERRIG packs.

Further Comment & Review: If any of you who have been testing and using GEIGERRIG packs would like to add further comment to the Backpacker.com review, please do so. They have a "comment" section at the bottom of their review. Also, continued comments here, for the benefit of all ADV riders / inmates, are more than welcome.

Hope The Two Previous Reviews Help And Contribute To The Recent Questions and Discussion Here About The RIG 1200 and RIG 1600. Have A Great Weekend!

GEIGERRIG screwed with this post 04-29-2011 at 11:55 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #129
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,201
I finally got to use my RIG 1600 this weekend. Great product and perfect for dual sport riding. It fit well over my pressure suit and held a fuel bottle, rain gear and other junk that would normally go in a tank bag. The ballistic nylon does great in the woods and the zippers work ell even with dirt in them.

Quick question...Has anyone else had the tube pop off the barb fitting on the pressurizing bulb? Mine popped off and lost pressure 3 different times. Im not sure if the tube is too short or the fitting isnt tight enough. I may try a zip tie on the tube to hold it in place.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #130
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Quick question...Has anyone else had the tube pop off the barb fitting on the pressurizing bulb? Mine popped off and lost pressure 3 different times. Im not sure if the tube is too short or the fitting isnt tight enough. I may try a zip tie on the tube to hold it in place.
Same exact issue here, Rider WV! I think a zip tie would be a pretty good fix, but I'm not sure I want to be messing with a brand new system if there is a manufacturer-approved way to do it.
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #131
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Solution To Power Pulb

Old Blue and Rider WV... Thanks for your posts regarding the power bulb.

I have sent each of you a private message to discuss the solution to your shared issue above. If the solution that I have provided in the private message does not readily and reliably work for you, I would appreciate it if you could call me at the number provided so as to discuss.... as I am absolutely certain that I have a solution for you.

Just as a point of reference.... We designed the power bulb tube to detach from the power bulb for a reason and we did not envision the power bulb to be zipped tied on by intentional design. It is also why the power bulb tube is designed using a different rubbery material. The purpose of this design is shown in the video below.

Here is the video:

Please check your private messages and feel free to contact me. As I said, I am very certain that I have a solution for you.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #132
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

FILTER SHORTAGE - Fixed On Monday

ALERT - TEMPORARY FILTER SHORTAGE!!!!

Holy cow... It's alive!!!

We've got so many packs going out these days, that we just plumb ran out of filters last Friday.

More arriving this Monday!

Not to worry. Filters are coming!!!

Hope all is well.

--- GEIGERRIG TEAM
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #133
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
Thanks Bob for the special deal you're giving us and your support of the ADV community. The pressurized hydration engine is simply brilliant!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #134
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Oddometer: 199
Rig 500

Bob,
Thank you for the excellent customer service, I too am a happy customer with my new Rig 500, I had questions when I first received my kit, I just emailed Bob and they were quickly answered by all his personal phone calls to me (3), I just today received my free filter package and I would really like to thank Gadget Boy for getting us such a sweet deal, THANKS G/B!!!
PS: ya know, there is just nothing like a good piece of equipment weather it be at home, at work or out having fun.

2014 R1200 RT
Jaqen H'ghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #135
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,165
Wow! I bought a RIG500 on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday!!! That's fast.

Going to go riding tomorrow and try her out. Will post again after I have a dozen or more hours riding with the RIG500.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote