User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,498
registering new bike in nsw

OK i brought the bike unregistered, new new, never been registered before from qld bike shop, they could not put it in nsw rego because of that,

its being delivered well was ment to be today, but maybe tomorow.

OK, ive got the finance documents, the contract with all the engine number and frame number on it, which is proof of purchase,
I just got a CTP green slip for it,
Its got Comprehesive insurance.

now ive been told i need to get a blue slip, and they mentioned getting a weight bridge certificate for it too.

that just sounds strange,

is their anything else i need dto do, appart from go to the RTA and pay 3% stamp duty, rego, plate fees, and probably a few just because fees for it to get it registered?

ta
Storm Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Tubsta
Too much farkle

Oddometer: 338
Glad I live in Victoria, rock up with bike on trailer, they come out, check the numbers, you hand over cash and they give you plates. Too easy.

From memory of a friend that went though it, sounds about right. Make sure they know it is a brand new bike, you might need to ring the RTA a couple of times to get the right answer. They might forget to listen to the part where you tell them that the bike has never been registered and no, it hasn't sat around a shed for a million years.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

its just a weight bridge certificate that suprized me, thats what the blue slip place said, we only have 1, and lets just say, i walked in, to bad smells, really dirty floors, a dozen big drooling dogs, and a few under 5 year old kids runnign around the place, and the lady that served me was breast feeding a baby, real intersting for a mechanic workshop.

i went to the rta, and they said blue slip, ctp, proof of purchase.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,590
Jeez - where do you live? Were there banjoes playing in the background too?
So, what's the bike, did you get a good deal, are there any more like that, etc, etc?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
Buddy10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Have just done what you are going though.... mine was a brand new bike.... I needed everything you have .... I didnt need a weighbridge ticket..... best of luck....

Growing Up....... NEVER
Buddy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 800
All sounds about right except for the weighbridge certificate. We recently registered a second hand bike from QLD into NSW. We were asked to provide CTP, proof of purchase and a blue slip. The tare weight for the bike (DR650, 155kg) is shown on the rego papers, so I can only assume that when the blueslip guy went through his computer records to check that all the numbers, etc were as they should be he also generated the tare weight which the RTA then duly typed into the rego forms.

I can't see any reason that this should be different for a new bike? Unless its been modified?

I've registered interstate cars in NSW before, and the only time I've been asked for a weighbridge ticket was when a car had an engine swap.
".....we are committed to monitoring the weather and the road conditions with all available resources available so we will be allocating all resources available to us to ensure that the weather and road conditions are monitored to provide a route that will have had all possible monitoring......." colm, mayor of Airlie Brake
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
fayeslane
Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
OK, ive got the finance documents,
This for the bike or the NSW rego costs?
BMW R80G/SPD
BMW R100TIC
fayeslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayeslane View Post
This for the bike or the NSW rego costs?
its a vfr800 2011 model, as it came otu of the factory 3 months ago.

yeah i dono what the weight bridge stuff is alla bout, i figured it be what honda qoated it as that goes onto teh form. see what happens if the buggers actually live up to teh deal and deliver it 2morow for me.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:36 AM   #9
kennyrob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
should't need a weigh bridge ticket. the blue slip station will just access this road vehicle descripter sheet on the internet http://163.189.7.157/rvd/searchRVDRe...bmitValue=view
or if they don't have the internet ring the rta & have the sheet faxed to them because their suppose to check a heap of other stuff as well like the format of the engine & vin numbers (thats if they know what their doing).
anyone can access the descripter sheets at http://ols2.rta.nsw.gov.au/rvd/welcome.do and do a search for any vehicle
kennyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
AL-58
BMWs make good landfill

Oddometer: 840
I've just been through this with a Super Tenere from SA.

Blue Slip, Geen Slip, proof of ownership(receipt) was all that was needed. They do need the weight for the rego papers but they'll get that from the manufacturers spec sheet along with other info they'll need.

When I've done blue slips for the sidecars I have needed a weighbridge ticket as it was a non standard vehicle. Same with trailers.

Al

AL-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #11
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Kennyrob is all over this one... Your blue slip guy needs to wisen up some - all post 2000 model year vehicle compliance certifications (road vehicle descriptors) are available to the pubic (and B.S. inspectors!) at the website mentioned.

PM sent to OP...

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #12
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

well due to team moto, not doing what we agreed on like deliverign it today, now their saying next month as its too far to drive.

any idea, if ican ride upa nd get a blue slip int weed heads area, as i cross the boarder.

and can i ride it from the goldcoast to nsw boarder unregistered?
i knwo u can ride it to the nearest inspection station in nsw, but from qld to nsw?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
The Bigfella
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
You can get permits in each state. Get your fingers walking on that keyboard. Its rta in nsw and DOT in Qld

eg

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registrati...-vehicles.aspx

Ride through Oz and Asia
The Bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #14
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Get an unregistered vehicle permit in Qld to ride it home; then get the Blueslip etc. sorted once you get back...

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #15
Storm Shadow OP
Thread Ninja

yeah, just looked it up, would it work in nsw, teh qld unregistered permit though?