Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #766
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,609
The only issue with my "39" is the chin strap. The quick connect latch presses on the top of my Adam's Apple. It is noticeable after a few miles. Much worse if I ride offroad, to the point that it stills feels sore a day later. (like it was bruised)

otherwise it's a well made helmet and well worth the price.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #767
vector_dumb
Happier Here

Oddometer: 172
Thank you for the replies. On the Christmas list it goes, assuming I don't feel like waiting...

WTB: XR650l parts: Stock front sprocket cover/case saver, rear chain guard, petcock. Condition used but decent, price fair.
vector_dumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #768
Greedyg76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Late to the party

Well I finally picked up an FX39. Like many other inmates, I like it - for what I paid. Large fits my big round head comfortably. Field of view is great. At first the cheek pads were way too tight, I guess my face is fat... For the first 2 weeks I stuffed a couple towels in it at night to help break in the cheek pads, now it's sweet. My clear shield has some very faint distortion, I can't pick out any one distorted spot but its like wearing my wifes light prescription glasses - just enuff to cause a bother. Others have reported no distortion so maybe I just got a bum shield? Im going to order another shield and see how that goes, I'll still be ahead compared to similar DS helmets.

OK - I do have one gripe, but not really. Why is the strap sofa king long? I had to adjust it all the way past the little tag sewn on the strap for it to be effective

Bottom line - Good for the $
Greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #769
schwahead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Afx 41

Anymore updates on the 41 being in stock?

If I wear a large in the arai xd4 should I get a large in the 41?
schwahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #770
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwahead View Post
Anymore updates on the 41 being in stock?

If I wear a large in the arai xd4 should I get a large in the 41?
Yes. On the FX-41s: the container was scheduled to arrive to port last Friday the 20th. They need to clear customs, and go inland to Wisconsin, and then ship to me. My estimate is that they will be shippable from me the week of Jan 6th. There is only 1 shipment, so they weill be limited, we are taking preorders on them now:

http://www.atomic-moto.com/AFX-FX-41...et_p_1140.html

Regarding sizing, most likely you should gen an L. Unlike the 39s, the 41s are more consistent with industry norm. I wear an XL in an Arai XD4, an XL in the 41 (although the 41 is slightly looser than the Arai), and an L in the FX-39.

Hope that helps.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #771
schwahead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Order

Order placed today for a frost grey! Thanks for the superb customer service! Above and beyond
schwahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #772
h0yitsdom
bikeless

Oddometer: 1
Has anyone run this helmet with a chatterbox? GMRS-X1 to be exact.
Or know if this helmet has enough space/cushion to fit on one of the sides? I am actually looking at a Fly Trekker from an inmate but this is the final deciding factor before I pull the trigger.
h0yitsdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #773
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,571
Don't come bitchin' about a helmet you didn't buy from this vendor in his thread. Post punted.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #774
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,599
OK... so now that the helmet is shipping, has anybody tried using it with goggles. I know Brtp4 indicated that goggles would not work with the early production model he had but I am curious if the actual consumer models are any different. That seems like a pretty big deal on a DS helmet and would change my decision to go for a 39 versus a 41.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #775
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
OK... so now that the helmet is shipping, has anybody tried using it with goggles. I know Brtp4 indicated that goggles would not work with the early production model he had but I am curious if the actual consumer models are any different. That seems like a pretty big deal on a DS helmet and would change my decision to go for a 39 versus a 41.
My proto had an issue that prevented the shield from retracting, but the production shields do retract all the way. Technically speaking they do fit, but it was a little finicky to do so IMO:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=38

Another inmate had a better experience:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=61

Again, I think they do fit, but I think some models may have issues.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #776
BCJC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Chin curtain doesn't want to stay in place. I see some people glue it in there, but I'm not sure I'm into that yet... Any tips? This is my first helmet with a chin curtain.

Thanks.
BCJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #777
Liberty556
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
This is my first time wearing a motorcycle helmet...

Just got my FX-39 and the fit seems to be horrible for me. The cheek pads are so narrow that I feel like I am puckering for a kiss (uncomfortably). The fit around my head is fine, but the helmet sits too low, and my mouth is just barely above the breath guard, and causes the lens to fog when breathing. What helmets do I need to look for that fit properly? Thinner cheek pads for the 39???

Thanks, guys.
Liberty556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #778
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty556 View Post
This is my first time wearing a motorcycle helmet...

Just got my FX-39 and the fit seems to be horrible for me. The cheek pads are so narrow that I feel like I am puckering for a kiss (uncomfortably). The fit around my head is fine, but the helmet sits too low, and my mouth is just barely above the breath guard, and causes the lens to fog when breathing. What helmets do I need to look for that fit properly? Thinner cheek pads for the 39???

Thanks, guys.
Hi Liberty. What color and size did you get?

On this model, the cheekpads break in much more than most. Considering this, and the fact that the fit around the crown is good, I would not worry about the cheekpads. Regarding the mouthguard, frankly it is poorly located and does not fit properly. I feel the helmet works better without it. It slides upward to remove.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 04-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #779
Liberty556
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I purchased a Large flat black.

Thanks for the reply! I will see if it will break in.
Liberty556 is offline   Reply With Quote