ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #631
matloik
kludge
 
matloik's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PDX | Hood River
Oddometer: 1,228
Jungle Man and I rode some Post Canyon OHV yesterday. Here's a pic at the top of Trail #160. He'll have to tell you about his busted radiator cap neck and our trail-side repair with some JBW.

Good riding with you also the day before, boardforever.

FYI, I will be out there an entire week starting this coming weekend. Though wind and water will take priority, needless to say I'll be riding as well. Give a shout if you'd like to ride--OHV or DS.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'08 Versys & '08 450 EXC-R / '11 G650GS & '06 KLX250S (wife's)
Portland Area Off Pavement Rides ~ Hood River Rides ~ Vancouver Island Trip
matloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #632
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
AJ, do you suppose when the wife isn't riding the DR she might let you take it for a little spin

you know those little single track "DR" trails up behind craigs place? I was introduced for the first time to many of the little gems during the blackdog ride. Had no idea how nice of an area that is.
I DO plan on taking it out a bit later this Summer to investigate all the OHV Parks we have right near here.
I've still got to get me an OHV Park sticker for it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
FYI, I will be out there an entire week starting this coming weekend. Though wind and water will take priority, needless to say I'll be riding as well. Give a shout if you'd like to ride--OHV or DS.
I do plan on a HR Valley DS ride with el guapo nada on next Monday morning.
He's on a non-DS bike that he likes to beat up a bit and DS anyway,
to go and see the same stuff we like to see.

We won't be sticking just to paved stuff,
although we'll likely stick to the less gnarly roads and go see some lakes in our county.
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #633
el guapo nada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
el guapo nada's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia River Gorge, OR
Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
I do plan on a HR Valley DS ride with el guapo nada on next Monday morning.
He's on a non-DS bike that he likes to beat up a bit and DS anyway,
to go and see the same stuff we like to see.

We won't be sticking just to paved stuff,
although we'll likely stick to the less gnarly roads and go see some lakes in our county.
Allrighty........just for clarification, the CX is a DS, it just stands for "Dual Sorta"

See?


AJ, when and where we gonna meet up Monday? I am playing a gig in PDX Sunday night, so I most likely won't be up for a Dawn Patrol ride.......also have a buddy on a KLR who might join us.........
__________________
-The Dalles is hot.
el guapo nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #634
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo nada View Post
AJ, when and where we gonna meet up Monday? I am playing a gig in PDX Sunday night, so I most likely won't be up for a Dawn Patrol ride.......also have a buddy on a KLR who might join us.........
I actually need to do some pre-rides as a favor for someone.
One paved section is outside TD, specifically the Five Mile / Steele Rd area,
so I can ride that early, before I meet up with you, to give you some sleep-in time.

I need to do another DS Route around Snowden / Appleton, different than the route we did this Spring,
but contains one of the same roads, Wahkiakus Hts, where we saw the elk.

You wanna join me for that?
I can meet you about 11am in TD somewhere........

Anyone else want to join us?
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #635
matloik
kludge
 
matloik's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PDX | Hood River
Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
I actually need to do some pre-rides as a favor for someone.
One paved section is outside TD, specifically the Five Mile / Steele Rd area,
so I can ride that early, before I meet up with you, to give you some sleep-in time.

I need to do another DS Route around Snowden / Appleton, different than the route we did this Spring,
but contains one of the same roads, Wahkiakus Hts, where we saw the elk.

You wanna join me for that?
I can meet you about 11am in TD somewhere........

Anyone else want to join us?
I'm a little confused .. TD, Snowden, 11 am, Five Mile, Appleton, Wahkiaskus Hts ...

Does something in there translate to Monday morning riding on the WA side? PM/text me your plans, AJ.
__________________
'08 Versys & '08 450 EXC-R / '11 G650GS & '06 KLX250S (wife's)
Portland Area Off Pavement Rides ~ Hood River Rides ~ Vancouver Island Trip
matloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #636
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
I'm a little confused .. TD, Snowden, 11 am, Five Mile, Appleton, Wahkiaskus Hts ...

Does something in there translate to Monday morning riding on the WA side? PM/text me your plans, AJ.
NO PM for YOU!!!!! (in the voice of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld)
As always, an open invitation for all to ride with us.
I've got some riding homework to do for somebody, so my Monday riding plans changed some, from OR to WA.

el guapo nada wants a bit of sleep-in time after a late night Sunday,
and part of my homework includes a small paved section SE of The Dalles.

So I'm proposing meeting el guapo nada in TD at 11am, after I ride that section,
and then we'll head to Courtney Rd, East of Bingen, where I gotta ride some DS sections.
I have a specific GPS track I gotta run, it'll be on some of the roads we did last year,
when you showed me that CABOOSE in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere.

We would gladly meet you at the bottom, or the top, of Courtney.
You want me to text you when we leave TD?
I have not yet heard back from egn to get his "affirmative"
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #637
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
I decided to ride from The Dalles to highway 35 on Mill Creek road. The road was paved at first but turned into a steep rocky trail.



When I left it was 80 degrees, on top it was 60. I keep headed towards Mt Hood......
....I came out on Pinmount Dr.....
Just rode that last night IN THE DARK, on my way home from TD.
Third trip over that sweeeeeet route this year.

XB12, were the 2 BRAND NEW green Forest Service gates installed near the middle of the ride, when you rode over?
They were open, but new gates on one of my favorite roads scare the shit outta me.......


(BTW, XB, it's Pinemont, not Pinemount, FWIW)
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #638
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer
 
XB12R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Zillah WA, The Dalles OR
Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Just rode that last night IN THE DARK, on my way home from TD.
Third trip over that sweeeeeet route this year.

XB12, were the 2 BRAND NEW green Forest Service gates installed near the middle of the ride, when you rode over?
They were open, but new gates on one of my favorite roads scare the shit outta me.......


(BTW, XB, it's Pinemont, not Pinemount, FWIW)
Ya, I think they were getting ready to install them. This was in The Dalles water shed if I remember correctly. We (wife and dogs) just got back from Skyline, Dutch Flat, Three Mile and Steele. Seen lots of dust, dirt and deer. Where in TD are you meeting up at? Still 11:00 Monday. I MIGHT be able to show up.
__________________
2010 BMW R1200GS, 2010 Ducati Monster 1100S, 2011 WR250R, 1985 Beta TR32
XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #639
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
Where in TD are you meeting up at? Still 11:00 Monday. I MIGHT be able to show up.
I dunno, it's still open. I have yet to hear back from egn.
I'd look forward to meeting up and riding with you also.
You wanna do the earlier morning pavement ride with me, too?
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #640
el guapo nada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
el guapo nada's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia River Gorge, OR
Oddometer: 245
Yo yo

Hey AJ, sorry, I was offline all day yesterday. I would love to ride with you on your paved scouting trip of 5 mile and whatnot - I will be up and at-em way before 11, so , lemmee know at what time you'll be starting and I will most likely join you then.....

Hope your having a fantastic Sunday, and looking forward to the ride tomorrow!!!!!

ps - I will check here periodically today, but feel free to shoot me a text as well..........
__________________
-The Dalles is hot.
el guapo nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #641
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo nada View Post
Hey AJ, sorry, I was offline all day yesterday. I would love to ride with you on your paved scouting trip of 5 mile and whatnot - I will be up and at-em way before 11, so , lemmee know at what time you'll be starting and I will most likely join you then.....

Hope your having a fantastic Sunday, and looking forward to the ride tomorrow!!!!!

ps - I will check here periodically today, but feel free to shoot me a text as well..........
Sure then, where should we meet in The Dalles?
How about Holstein's Coffee Parking lot?
Is 10am good?

XB12XR, you in?
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #642
el guapo nada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
el guapo nada's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Columbia River Gorge, OR
Oddometer: 245
Sounds good...

Holsteins at 10am it is......see you there!
__________________
-The Dalles is hot.
el guapo nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #643
FastMag
Gnarly Adventurer
 
FastMag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 132
Quick question, is the road that goes off Hwy 35 to Dufur paved? FS44 Baldwin Rd to Dufur Valley Rd? Thanks
__________________
2012 Suzuki DL650A
1980 Yamaha IT175
1975 Honda XL175
1974 Honda CT70
FastMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #644
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer
 
MortimerSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
Oddometer: 11,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMag View Post
Quick question, is the road that goes off Hwy 35 to Dufur paved? FS44 Baldwin Rd to Dufur Valley Rd? Thanks
Yes.
__________________


I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #645
FastMag
Gnarly Adventurer
 
FastMag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 132
Thanks for the quick reply.
__________________
2012 Suzuki DL650A
1980 Yamaha IT175
1975 Honda XL175
1974 Honda CT70
FastMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014