RedMenace OP
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,168
Adventure Sidecar Driving Lessons 2011

Adventure Sidecar will offer the Novice S/TEP class on the following weekends:

May 13, 14 & 15
June 17, 18 & 19
September 30, October 1 & 2
$265 -sidecars are provided at no extra charge for the Novice S/TEP classes.
Click here to sign up online or call Hood River Community Education (541)386 -2055

coached

These classes will be offered through the Hood River Community Education Program. Prior motorcycle experience is not needed for the novice class. We will cover basic motorcycle operation as part of the class.
You may take the class using your sidecar or trike or one of ours. If you choose to use your own rig for the class, you must have proof of insurance and the machine must be in safe operating condition. Be aware the driving exercises will be conducted on a grass lot.

About S/TEP
The S/TEP class ( Sidecar/Trike Education Program) is a nationally recognized training program for those interested in learning about safely piloting a sidecar or a trike on the street. The basic program is designed to provide the rider with knowledge, confidence and driving skills practiced in a safe controlled environment.

This course provides classroom instruction on riding, protective gear, defensive driving, accident avoidance techniques and a comprehensive course handbook. A full 8 hours of the program will be practical skills demonstrations and an opportunity to practice the driving lessons on a protected off street range.

The S/TEP class is offered through the Hood River Community Education program. Enrollment is limited to 12 students. Because of insurance requirements, this course of instruction requires pre-registration and prepayment.
For the novice course, you must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license. You do not need prior motorcycle experience. The novice course includes instruction on basic motorcycle operations and knowledge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COME PREPARED

Helmet: You must have a legal, DOT approved helmet. Novelty or protest helmets will not be allowed. If you need a loaner helmet please contact us in advance.

Eye Protection: Face shield, goggles or glasses are required.

Protective Clothing Covering Arms and Legs: You must wear long-sleeved shirt or jacket and long pants. Have rain gear and/or sunscreen depending on the weather.

Foot and Hand Wear: You must wear protective boots or shoes that cover the ankle and full fingered gloves. You must be able to grip and move your fingers comfortably in the gloves to perform the exercises safely.

Driver's License: You must bring a valid driver's license to take this class. We are required to check and to record the license # for our insurance.

YOU MAY DO THE PROGRAM USING YOUR OWN SIDECAR OR TRIKE . If you choose to do so, your vehicle must be in safe operating condition, street legal, licensed and insured. You must bring proof of insurance if you intend to use your own sidecar or trike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
RedMenace OP
Adventure Sidecar

The first class of the season is coming up soon! After work I stopped by the barn to pick up some equipment then went over to Jacks to start getting the field ready for driving. I paused at the folks place to pick some morels...

I rode through the orchard to Jack's farm to start laying out the driving range. The fruit trees are all in bloom and the mountains were out- a beautiful evening!

I was out there until sunset. I expect it will take me about 6 more hours to finish marking out the range.

The ride home through the Hood River Valley reminded me once more how much i love this place

At home I showed my wife the morels I picked after work

Turns out, Amy had gone up the ridge and collected even more mushrooms than i had found!

Novice S/TEP classes for the 2011 season will be available through Hood River Community Education on the following dates: May 13 -15, June 17 -19, September 30, October 1 & 2
Old 05-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
RedMenace OP
Adventure Sidecar

We have 2 more Novice S/TEP classes scheduled this season June 17-19, 2011 and Sept 30 through October 2, 2011

Experienced sidecar pilots should try our Sidecar Skills Mini Tours
Aug 5, 6 & 7, 2011 & September 16, 17 & 18, 2011
These long weekend seminars include group rides and an Advanced S/TEP class. We will tailor these weekends to what the clients want to do. If you want to camp and cook and ride, we can do that, or we can tour or we can just work on skills during the rides.

Our Tipi Tour will be fantastic; A week of camping in tipis with meals provided, and daily rides through the woods surrounding Mt.Hood. Offered through Hood River Community Education August 19-26, 2011

So far, no one has signed up for the Tipi Tour or the Sidecar Skills Mini Tours. If you are interested in these programs don't delay too long. I'd hate to cancel them and find out after the fact someone really wanted to do them. My schedule is pretty locked up this year, but I can be flexible about the details of the tours and what we decide to do-let me know if I can tweak them to better suit your needs!

RedMenace screwed with this post 05-30-2011 at 07:44 AM