Awesome post!

I'm in trouble too. Thanks for it.
Freeman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #887
rust
No rust in AZ.

Oddometer: 36
wow,gettin it going

And wow,I just looked at that helmet again (thing is bigger than his gas tank) (maybe dafoole could scan his head and see if something is growing in there). P.S. Janis resides at my place and Al is coming to fetch it soon
so any gear that he might need and you would like to contribute could be sent here. PM me or JJ for the address. Thanks.
rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #888
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Thumb Mo' Money for TheFilthyNomad..........

New donations have been recieved by Rust....and forwarded to me. "Joe Tes" "Rust" "Walker" and "Thorzite" have kicked in to the Kitty.
Thanx a million guys!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #889
rust
No rust in AZ.

Oddometer: 36
????

RUST has not yet contributed to this cause he is a confused computer
dickweed but plans to (waiting for the guy on the horse) contribute.
A package just arrived here,thought it was the new tank "no" it's a
plastic sewage tank for my new septic system for my house and arrived
on a semi truck! "OH WAIT" It is the new tank!!! Maybe his helmet is not
as big as this,wow. Anyway this is fun,keep the love going folks!!
rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #890
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,071
What in the hell is going on here?
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #891
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Minus1 has just dropped some coin in the Piggybank too...
Thank you Eric!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #892
Minus1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
Nothing to see here.....move along. Just enjoy the ride Al. Like I told Jim, if ur ever passing thru Northern Indiana you have a place to stay and a warm meal. PM me for my contact info.
Minus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #893
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Laugh

Quote:
That's right noth'n ta see here man
As per the earlier post..... we're round'n up FUNds sooo you'll get back ta work provid'n entertainment fo' all the easily bored folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Ok it has come to my attention that a few of us inmates here would like to shoot some... Money, Dineros, Greenbacks, Clams, Cabbage, Bread, Loot, Mula, Scratch, Dough... (you get my point) over to Alex aka"Parepin" to keep his MISSadventure rolling. (NOTE: The kid would never ask for a penny and sooo... some of us have decided to sing on the street corner -so to speak- for him) He can't turn down a gift.. that would be rude dude!

Rust and DaFoole as well as others via PM, have been in cohorts with me (pressuring me with threats of bodily/mental harm if I don't get something posted up... as they'd like to chip in!!!

Sooo here it is........ We have already got him a new IMS tank and a new lid to protect his... Bean? You know that thing he seems to use every once n' a while to put the camera up to and report on his adventures. I'm working with a manufacturer now (KLIM) to get him some new riding gear at a discount, also.

So I spose if ya wanna... contribute to the cause, feel good about yourself , help a kid out, keep the energy flowing ooor just offload some of that extra $$$$ that's is Nooo doubt weighing you down.
You can PM me for a PayPal addy and we'll put it in the Jar. I'll post up where it's all going and keep everyone up to speed on the sitchiation. We were gonna have Janis's engine freshened up for him while he was healing from surgery, buuut ran outta time, (thought of it too late) as he seems to be ready to ride again and the time frame/window wasn't going to line up.

Thanx for... anything!
Peace,
JIm
See nutt'n aaat aaaall!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #894
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,166
Quote:
That's not mine.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #895
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
until something comes up I shall continue on.
Just found this thread on my lunch hour (ok, 2+ hours) and only on page 20. Had to quote this.

Parepin, I like how you roll (pun intended.. cross joint.. awesome!)
Shooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #896
jessepitt
Ride More

Oddometer: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
And wow,I just looked at that helmet again (thing is bigger than his gas tank) (maybe dafoole could scan his head and see if something is growing in there). P.S. Janis resides at my place and Al is coming to fetch it soon
so any gear that he might need and you would like to contribute could be sent here. PM me or JJ for the address. Thanks.
I have an extra pair of riding pants I would be happy to ship if they are on the x-mas list...? They are like new, Heine Gerike(sp?)
jessepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #897
daxxruckus
CRF Slayer

Oddometer: 30
I've got a donation waiting for Polito out here in San Diego, just waiting for him to come back out here and get it.

Hurry up Filthy Nomad!
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #898
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,071
Holy crap. This is awesome, I don't really know what to say. As Jim had mentioned, I'm not one to ask for beer money like I've seen on some other ride reports. I know of a handful of inmates that have PMed me with interest in contributing in return for the entertainment value that this ride report has offered. More often than not I've come back with the alternative that, when I'm in your area you show me a good ride and we have a few beers. That helps contribute towards a good story, after all.

However, seeing as a select few inmates have gone through the extra effort to remove my ego from the equation and set me up, I've no choice but to play along. And I've gotta tell you, this is pretty goddamn cool. I've got a perma-grin going, or some some have called it, my signature chesire grin. I'm not worthy.

I'm out in NY at the moment, but will be back on the west coast by early May. My goal is to eventually make it to San Diego where I've got a few employment opportunities to get me back on my feet. It's there that I will go through my gear and figure out what needs to be replaced and what doesn't. As Rust mentioned, I've apparently got a new lid and IMS tank waiting for me in Phoenix, where Janis currently resides. And as he also mentioned, apparently I've got a fairly large head. I'm pretty sure that Fulmer's XXL helmets simply run small, and that my head is of average size. So those who insist anything otherwise can eat me.

Over the summer I'll be floating around the western side of the country, more than likely bouncing from one paycheck to the next. I'd like to hit as many rallies as I can, including RMAR, West Fest, Wet Fest, and anything else that should tickle my fancy. I need to get my journal in order and will continue writing up what I have now that I've kinda figured out which direction I want to go with the next installment. I've been gifted a donor engine out of Sacramento that will be rebuilt as well as some fresh innards for Janis's current engine. There's a few more mods and some new kits I'd like to experiment with and see if I can assist in the development of. This includes a new overbore kit and a possible fuel injection install.

This is all building towards a grand trip down and around South America. I'd like to do this right. I've been keeping my eye on some new camera gear and have seriously considered taking a few classes in everything from Photography to Journalism to Self Defense in preparation. As far as contributions, if anyone has any leads on employment here and there, I'm all ears. I'll be taking a risk here in the next few months that could prove to either be a wise decision, or an absolute wreck, so I like having options.

I didn't mean to ramble, but it just kinda happened. Many thanks to JettinJim for taking the lead on this. Same goes to Rust and DaFoole, the men behind the curtains who have stepped to help keep Janis ride worthy and to keep me safe. Thanks to Beechum for an awesome Gig back in September that saved my ass, and hopefully more to come. The Grist Brothers out of San Diego are owed a mention for giving me a place to crash, a garage to rebuild in, and even invited me to their parents for what turned out to be an epic Thanksgiving meal. There's far too many to list them all, but rest assured that I appreciate everything and I look forward to tearing up some trail this summer.

Here's a good pic to end a post, enjoy:

8/29/09 Never Forget
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #899
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxxruckus View Post
I've got a donation waiting for Polito out here in San Diego, just waiting for him to come back out here and get it.

Hurry up Filthy Nomad!
He gladly accepts "donations." Just go make your deposit around back.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #900
daxxruckus
CRF Slayer

Oddometer: 30
It's A Me! Papa Polito!

Hey there's no one I would rather sit and watch all 3 THUNDER IN PARADISE movie's with whilst shmeeekin a bewl. Good times

You better get ready for next Thanksgiving too! Mama Grist invited you back!
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote