User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #976
daxxruckus
CRF Slayer

Oddometer: 35
Laugh

Just so you guys can rest easy, TFN is well fed and taken care of here in San Diego. We took him in on Mother's Day and let him celebrate with our own dear mom. After spending the majority of his holidays with us over the past year, the Nomad is is pretty much an honorable member of the Grist family.

(FadingFast/Parepin/DaxxRuckus)
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #977
Scotty J
Obedient Consumer

Oddometer: 273
Been reading this thread at my leisure for about a month now and I hate myself for getting caught up. Get on the road soon. It's slow in my office and I need something to do!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #978
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,743
Thumb Another kind soul chips into the TFN's journey...

Thanx a million Scotty J for the kind and Generous donation to TFN's cause!!!
Very much appreciated our brotha!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #979
Minus1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Minus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #980
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,672
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #981
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
The Filthy Nomad has abandoned us....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #982
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Cool2

He's been BUSY.... soo he says.

JK he IS swamped and just had to deal with "Rust's" passing away a couple weeks ago.. flew out to Phoenix to the funeral.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #983
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
Yeah, I actually talked to him the other day. Rough deal for him, Rust's passing.

That and he's been working like a dog. 12+ hour days.

Or so he says....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #984
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
Yeah, I actually talked to him the other day. Rough deal for him, Rust's passing.

That and he's been working like a dog. 12+ hour days.

Or so he says....
Rust's passing was definitely no good. I'll vouch for TFN, he's been working his ass off...then lounging around my shop all night like the hobo he is!
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #985
thorzite
Ok, Hold my beer ...

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
Rust's passing was definitely no good. I'll vouch for TFN, he's been working his ass off...then lounging around my shop all night like the hobo he is!
Definitely rough days it were, and still are truth be told, anyone that knew ol RUST knows. I always did like that nick name RUST ... oddly enough, extremely fitting, thanks for that lil Bill ... so glad the Nomadigin made it out, in true fashion if I remember right, I think he got in town about 15 min before the "wake" ... the heavens hit a home run when they received ol Danny Boy Rossey, to those who didn't know him have a look, a man who lived to the fullest, I know he wouldn't mind my sharing on this venue. A class act, the likes of whom will be missed dearly! Enjoy.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...RgEkhZ4l7XUDw4
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #986
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,087
I've been wanting to make some meaningful memorial post on here, but the words just evade me. I'm glad you posted that video, Thorzite. Fuck, I'm glad you made it. Well done, my friend.

Rust's passing hit me pretty hard, more so than I've prepared for. This man and his wife, Cindy, welcomed me into their home with a chuckle and a cold beer in a frosty mug. Numerous times. I've spent countless hours just sitting out in the garage with them on those warm, moonless Arizona nights with the lights off. Just watching the horizon and trading stories. The notepad would break out if there was a technical concept going down, complete with eighteen goddamn rulers and a jar full of the sharpest sharpies of every color imaginable. He drove an ancient, simple truck. He lived in a small, humble home. He's seen more projects come to fruition and leave that garage with the front wheels held high than I could ever hope to endure. When Janis came catty-walkin into Phoenix with a mended frame, he laughed. When I laid down the concept of the great resurrection of 2012, he suggested we get more beer. I learned a lot from that dude, and heard some great stories. Those two will always be a member of my family, with Thorzite acting as that awkward cousin that just don't look right in anything but a white sleeveless shirt.

I'm gonna miss you, man.

This is where he'd say "Oh fuck... quit bein such a pussy"

So, anyway, yeah. I've been busy. A man's gotta work hard to play hard, and I dug myself a pretty big hole this past winter. I've picked up a full time job working construction down at the local private christian school. I work with Ned Flanders. I swear to god. No, seriously. His name is "Tom" and I've never heard him say a swear. Moustache and all.

I've also picked up some work with my coworker at the school who doubles as a contractor, I spend my nights masking and taping classrooms. Amazingly enough, I've even been able to bring a bit of work into the shop as well. Just made a cool $60 installing rearsets. And so with what little free time I have between sleeping and working, I invest wisely. I ride the shit out of that Turbo Seca. just under a thousand miles this past weekend, eight hundred the week before that, and a cool fifteen hundred over the fourth of July. I dig it, and am toying with the idea of using it as the platform for my next adventure bike. It'll be fun.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #987
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,037
Sorry to hear about Rust....
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #988
daxxruckus
CRF Slayer

Oddometer: 35
Pissed

Well I hate to report some bad news from Parepinland.

He was over hanging out at the compound this weekend helping me wrench on my CRF 450x (read: Playing GTA5 whilst mercilessly racking up a 5 star wanted level, drinking my coffee, and eating my cheezits and chips and getting his greasy fingers all over my xbox controllers), and suffered a major loss.

He crashed at the house saturday night, and when we woke up Sunday morning, he went out front to check on his bike. He had left his helmet and jacket sitting on the bike, and both were still there. Came back inside and within a few hours (11-2 or so) we went back outside to find that both helmet and jacket were stolen right off the bike.

That's right, the awesome $600 Arai helmet that was so graciously donated (or funds for) from the crew here, and his old trusty riding jacket (well worn, and reeked of sweat, weed, and flaming hot cheetos) were both lifted right off the bike. I'm not sure who would want a used jacket and helmet owned by the Filthy Nomad, but somebody sure was desperate. All they had to gain from this theft was finding a few crumbs of old weed, an insurance card, and snickers wrappers.

Joking aside, I do feel horrible that this happened, especially right in front of my house. I live on a cul-de-sac and a nice neighborhood. I usually leave my garage and gates open, and I've got motorcycles, dirt bikes, and 2 classic cars just out in the open and have never had any theft issues. I gave TFN my old loaner jacket and helmet, but I know the stuff doesn't fit him right. it got him back on the road at least.

So I guess (completely against his wishes, he told me not to post about this), does anyone have a spare XXL helmet that he could get by with? I feel horrible about all this, and just wanted to see if anyone might have some spare gear of the correct size for everyone's favorite adventurer.

Thanks guys!
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #989
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,087
Damn, you don't waste any time. Here I am, rejetting a KLR, and I hear "Hey Polito, did you see what Ian posted on your thread? It's just about the only update on there in the past year." So... yeah, there's some truth to that. I just wish it was something better.

As for the gear, I'm bummed out. Sure. Not even about the $$ lost, I just feel violated. I spent hundreds of hours in that gear, and thousands upon thousands of miles. The helplessness is lame. I've been checking Craigslist and even did a walk about of the neighborhood, but came up empty. I'm certain I'm at a loss, but I can't just sit here. I actually had trouble sleeping last night because I just couldn't shut off, and this is after pacing around the shop for a fair amount of time. More than anything, I feared telling the person that donated the helmet that it's gone... but it seems Ian took care of that for me.

Anyway, I've got a lid. It's my old Fulmer. It's seen better days, but it fits, so I'm all set there. As for the jacket, Daxx gave me a loaner that, while not my style, fits and works just fine. I just got off the phone with my insurance company, but apparently this isn't covered by my moto insurance. If something was damaged or stolen from the bike itself, I'm good. But this apparently doesn't apply.

What I'm getting at is, while this REALLY sucks (That was an awesome lid), I'm not too bad off. I just dropped a fair amount of cash on an adventure rig, so I don't have anything on hand to replace what's lost. Man, getting that rig was quite an adventure, but that's for another day...

Thanks to everyone that's helped out over the past few months. You've no idea how much that helped. It's great to see a community come together.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #990
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Eh? Shiiiit!!!

Aaah Fuk maaan!!!

I know the violated feeling, just had the boat cover cut off the boat last week (Fair in town) so I moved it up to dads.
I just happen to have a New Motoport Mesh Kevlar Jacket that might fit ya brother...
Since your in Sunny SoCal and I'll be spending the winter in the PNWest.
It could work out I could just use my Badlands Pro through the winter?!?!
Let me know? It's just gathering dust till next summer here buddy.

Damn and I can't scrounge up the money for another lid right now either, due to all my funding is in this new Property/ Guiding business gig for a few more months!
Let me know if ya wanna use the Jacket
PS it's not as long and baggy as the Badlands was