Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1006
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,641
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
Whats goin on cheech? I've been calling but your phone's off. Hit me up soon and let me know what the deal is.

I stopped to see MotoMedic last week in Spokane and I believe he thot Al's engine n the new 4x4 assault van may have blown up on the way to Coos Bay!!! ????

No complete confirmation yet

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 11-15-2013 at 09:03 AM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #1007
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post

I stopped to see MotoMedic last week in Spokane and I believe he thot Al's engine n the new 4x4 assault van may have blown up on the way to Coos Bay!!! ????

No complete confirmation yet
Ya the last I heard from him was a text msg picture of the van on a uhaul trailer. Said there was piston on the dipstick haha.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #1008
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,972
TFN is safely ensconced in Casa de Foole....SW Orygun campus.

...with a whole lotta stories to tell...

He should be updating in a few days.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #1009
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,078
So, yeah, I'm in Oregon now. I've taken up residence at DaFoole's remote 4 acre farm in rural South Western Oregon. It looks like I'll be staying here for the foreseeable future, cleaning up the property and repairing the farmhouse and shop; There's a lot of work to be done, but it couldn't be in a more beautiful location.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.15293...05284&t=h&z=18

https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.15269...12,358.72,,0,0

Lets see if those links work....

Anyhow, the rumors are, indeed, true. Once upon a time, I bought this bad ass 4x4 Chevy van. It goes by many names, most of which elude to less than willing intercourse, of course. I've even got a thread about it.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929869

But then I blew it up on my great ride north. By far the most stressful trip I've ever taken. It's safe to say I wasn't able to relax until I was behind the wheel of a U-haul, sad to say. I would guess one or more of the pistons let loose. It still runs and moves, albeit unwillingly, and there's metal on the dipstick. I haven't done any more digging as other matters have been more pressing. However, i just got my very first credit card in the mail today. $3300 limit on nonexistant credit and interest free for 15 months. So, I'll be buying a remanufactured engine (I hope).

Also, I got a dog. Meet Carl.

Carl is a Border Collie/ Australian Shepherd mix that I picked up as I passed through LA. Carl is fairly mellow, curious, and stubborn. Carl is independent and fearless. Carl is a good listener, loves to take long walks on the beach, and enjoys taking my shit for no other reason than so I can't have it. Carl also got fucked up mere days into this Oregon Trail lifestyle.

Don't never get between a high strung dog and his Milkbone, Carl. That's a bad Carl. No.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but a week or two before my trip north, FadingFast, his business partner, and I made a ride north into the redwoods for a solid week. We hit Usal Road, the Avenue, and all sorts of cool towns in between. I was the first to eat shit (whoopdee), his partner was the first to peel away from the group due to injury (blew through a corner in the Chorizo Plaines), and FadingFast was the first to tip his bike over at a dead stop. Several times. He's a converted KLR guy, now.

I've since had to retire Janis from the trail due to some unusual shit going on that leads me to think I'm about to fry the top end. Again.

That brings me down to one, cold blooded hag of a bike. My Seca Turbo. It's not all bad, though, as I'll be commuting along some of the more awesome roads I've ever had the good fortune of riding. Once I find a job, that is. If there's one thing Oregon doesn't have, it's bustling commerce and high wages.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #1010
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

OK there needs to be a couple critical updates here. First off the dogs name is CARL WINSLOW. You left out the Winslow. That's Carl Winslow, as in the high strung overweight father of Laura & Eddy on Family Matters. Somehow this dirtbag manchild grew up in the 90's and did not watch Family Matters! Ridiculous. Anyways, I'll expect from now on you will refer to Carl by his full name.

Second...why the fuck did you put up the picture of me wearing socks AND sandals? I had just finished a 10+ minute rant the night before about how much I hate dbags who wear socks with their sandals. Then...I woke up in the morning and did just that. Without thinking about it...

Anyways, I swear I will finish my RR for the NorCal trip soon. I've been saying that since before you left...

Good to talk to you the other day dirtbag, I was actually starting to worry (about Carl Winslow).
Old 11-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #1011
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,641
Talking

LOL FF it's OK to wear socks with "Sandals" buuuut NOT ok with "Thong Sandals" !!!

Yo Alex.... goood to hear your alive! I will shoot ya a call 2nite or 2mro.

Peace and all that good stuff,
JJ

Oooh and hello to CW too
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #1012
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,638
Welcome back to Oregon P. Good move on the dog, he looks like a keeper.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #1013
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost

Oddometer: 422
Question You can't leave us hanging like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
So, yeah, I'm in Oregon now.

Don't never get between a high strung dog and his Milkbone, Carl. That's a bad Carl. No.
Now that we know his full name, what the hell got a hold of Carl Winslow?

Welcome back to Oregon. Give a shout out when you make it over to the Bend area and I will buy you a beer or three.
NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #1014
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

hahah I'm stoked to see everybody already using his full name. Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #1015
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post

That is a look that says "I NEVER want to get layed again..."

I should know...

Carl got in the way of one of the resident dogs and his MilkBone....bad idea...

And Carl Winslow is doing fine and loving his new country home.....

DaFoole screwed with this post 11-26-2013 at 02:43 AM
DaFoole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #1016
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Yeah, Carl's doin good. Until recently, he would go out every morning and just sit in the pasture for hours, watching the resident pony. The horse has since had to be put down and buried in a shallow grave.

Or his owner came and took him. You know, whichever you want to believe.

The resident dogs, however, have nearly seen the barrel of a borrowed gun several times, now. They're the kind of dogs that bark for hours all night. All. Fucking. Night. Seriously. I felt bad for them once, now that the temp is dropping, and allowed them to sleep in doors one night. It took three buckets and a fair amount of 409 to clean the projectile liquid poo off the walls, floors, washing machine, door frame, and ceiling fixtures (???) They're back outside now.

Anyhow, the property is looking better by the day, Foole. I spent all yesterday splitting and stacking that wood that was delivered, and crashed early as a result. I boiled up some water and had my first bath in entirely too long. I then spent all this morning making phone calls and talking to engine guys before going into town where I've been on the go all day. Handed out a dozen resumes, chatted with a ton of people (who seem to know a friend of ours), and have retired to a small pizza shop where I write this post. The sky is darkening, and I fear the ride back. 16 miles of wet, frigid, narrow twisty road complete with gravel and some sort of grooving that causes me to pull over every few miles to check my tires.

It's good to have land.

By the way, this place is open to any and all riders who dare venture into the woods for a weekend. I'm hoping to have some friends over for thanksgiving, but failing that, it will be Carl and I eating stew by firelight. Maybe we'll have a bath together, but I try not to push things. He is still a pup, after all.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #1017
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,021
Glad to see you got a project to last you through the winter.
Give Carl Winslow a hug from me.
Hope to see you on the road again next year.
So far, Alaska in the winter is awesome, I even dig the cold
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #1018
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
So far, Alaska in the winter is awesome, I even dig the cold

You're more man than I could ever hope to achieve.

Also, I made a video of the new Estate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9DE...ature=youtu.be

Parepin screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 09:57 PM
Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #1019
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome vid, I can't wait to get up there for some fun with TFN & Carl Winslow!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #1020
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,638
Nice video and cool looking place! Sure it needs work, but to a city boy, that looks like paradise. Good luck on the job search, jobs can be tough to come by, but so are HARD WORKERS.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote