Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #1021
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 678
Nice place, once! Too bad the abuse and neglect have damn near put that property close to condemnation! Da Foole has a winner in you cleaning up the place! You have done a lot already by the look of things, but a lot more is necessary! Good Luck.....
I'll ride down there when the weather is better! Say June or July...
Have fun and stay dry and warm! haha
Later,

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #1022
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Well darn by the time I got my tour complet all the trinket bags were gone.

It sounds like you have done a lot of work and there is a lot of work ahead but I bet when you are finished with it the place will be one heck of a fine place.

Carl Windslow looks like he is a happy pup hanging out with you. I'm glad you are finding good homes for the other two dogs.

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1023
RicH2
Ric H2

Oddometer: 2,324
Say Alex......Just caught up

Whatever became of Ariel ? Do you ever hear from her ? The last I understood was Seattle and nothing more was ever said of her plans; did I miss something ?

Also, I'm reading along and wham ! Rust is lost. What happened to Rust ? Maybe no ones business but, It would be nice to know what happened.

Thanks for the read......Happy Trails !!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #1024
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH2 View Post
Say Alex......Just caught up

Whatever became of Ariel ? Do you ever hear from her ? The last I understood was Seattle and nothing more was ever said of her plans; did I miss something ?

Also, I'm reading along and wham ! Rust is lost. What happened to Rust ? Maybe no ones business but, It would be nice to know what happened.

Thanks for the read......Happy Trails !!!!
She and I parted ways a long time ago. I took it fairly hard, and actually started this ride report as a way to cope with it all. This is also the reason that the story stalled out so very long ago. I'm still working on it (i've got half a dozen different drafts). I initially felt that I simply didn't have the insight to tell the tale as accurately as it deserved, and so I avoided it for a spell until I could gain a better understanding. I'm not gonna lie, writing about it sucks and is going to suck. Posting pictures will be even worse. There are no tales of honor, chivalry, or heroism during this stretch. I'm anxious to get through it, though, so I can just get on with the story and catch up to the current time, though the more time passes, the bigger of a challenge it all seems. The story's gonna hop back and forth a whole bunch, but I think I'll make it work. Having moved to the farm in Oregon, here, has allowed me to slow down enough that I think I'm finding my center once again.

Rust passed away back in July. His cancer, that we initially thought he kicked a few years back, reoccurred aggressively. It spread to his lungs, then his lymphatic system (as my understanding of it goes.) These were dark times, and I try my best to maintain a relationship with his wife. I've made the trip to Phoenix a few times since then, and speak with her every couple of weeks. She's doing okay, and there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but for now she seems a bit unsure of herself and what the future holds. She's strong, though, and will pull through with the help of her friends and family. I miss the guy. Last time I was in town, his home just didn't feel the same. The garage was empty, and quiet. Many of his tools and toys were absent, and his dogs very mellow. There was no Aerosmith echoing through the cul-de-sac. Different times, my friend.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1025
daxxruckus
CRF Slayer

Oddometer: 35
I just caught up on the thread and the name "rolling probable cause" for your rapetastic steed had me spitting my beer onto my phone.

June and Cash were sad they didnt get to meet Carl Winslow but they promise to make a trip to oregon and bring some milkbones.

Oh and email me your new address. June wants to send CW a Christmas present.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #1026
cch13
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Dude, what a RR, just read it all the way through, the warts and all honesty is brilliant, to see this community rally to help through all the ups and downs is inspiring, keep up the good work, i would love to hear some of the missing chunks of the story..
cch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #1027
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
You're more man than I could ever hope to achieve.
LOL
It's funny how your body gets used to it. Yesterday it was -38 and I had on white dress shirt for work my wool sweater that I knitted while on the road, and a faux suede/wool jacket. Yeah I did also have leggings and pants on (just saying to prevent another joke ) But I was warm even though I really wasn't all that bundled up.
I loved the little video you made. What does it look like now? any snow?
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #1028
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
LOL
It's funny how your body gets used to it. Yesterday it was -38 and I had on white dress shirt for work my wool sweater that I knitted while on the road, and a faux suede/wool jacket. Yeah I did also have leggings and pants on (just saying to prevent another joke ) But I was warm even though I really wasn't all that bundled up.
I loved the little video you made. What does it look like now? any snow?
I know what you mean. It's taken a couple of weeks, but I'm finally adjusting to the drastic weather changes, myself. The blue toes across the hardwood floors in the morning, the stinging to my ears when I collect firewood for the evening, the hard start of a KLR on a nippy early afternoon. Liners within liners within PJ's. I've got more wool socks than I know what to do with.

No snow. Blue skies and mid fifties. This land is a savage one. Ruthless even.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #1029
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
No snow. Blue skies and mid fifties. This land is a savage one. Ruthless even.
Mid fifties? T-shirt weather -37 here at the moment. Hope you had a good Christmas, and wishing you a happy new year!
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #1030
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,756
Talking Heeelllloooooooooooooo

Hellooooo anybody out there... Anymore of this ride coming down the pike anytime soon.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #1031
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Hellooooo anybody out there... Anymore of this ride coming down the pike anytime soon.
Ya TFN get your shit together! You're about 2 years behind...

(Like I should talk, I still never finished my KLRmageddon ride report)
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #1032
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
Quit f'in off S-head.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #1033
Chuck35
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
He must have got a life
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #1034
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck35 View Post
He must have got a life
You'd think so....

I've come to fear this thread and my increasingly shortening list of excuses. I've the best of intentions, but I lack the passion at the moment.

That's the honestest answer I can give you.

To a limited few of you, and you know who you are, I say this;

You can eat the peanuts out of my sheit.

Parepin, out

*drops mic*
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #1035
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
A life? Parepin?

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote