Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #241
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,920
Hmmmm...guess I'll have to feed Paul tortiere next time he is here...make him feel all homely and stuff.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #242
intotheabis
High on life!

Oddometer: 561
Segment

Great segment, keep em comin!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #243
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,057
so well done! I wish i could film and edit like you guys.....thanks is not enough....looking forward to the next installment!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #244
paulmondor OP
Iceman

Oddometer: 611
I am pissed. A close friend of mine sent me a link showing the BMWMOA site selling a video about what we did a couple of winters ago

I have to vent. Let me explain.. As you remember we went and did a documentary in the Arctic two winters ago. After being screwed by Mr Joe Lloyd the producer and the co-rider, I decided that life was too short to waste it on people who would screw you and your family for $1400. I saved the bastard most likely $5000 by letting him use my brother's trailer. The trip totalled it and Mr. Two Face Lloyd decided to not pay my brother back for the cost of the trailer. Yep! That is who he is.
Screwing someone for this little. So I walked away. But this really does not concern you or does nto matter to you.

I am glad I did it. it was cool and met great people. But as in anything, there is always more that what we see.
Turns out Mr. Lloyd put out a video about the whole thing. Fine.. We did not part in good terms and he can write what he wants. It is his company, his money. But what is mine is the right to tell people know they are fed bullshit. And that what they pay for is nothing short of a pile of crock fed to you by someone who is only out for the coin. As far as I am concerned he ispart of the reason why Non riding people stay away from our passion, our love that is adventure riding. We see to many times stories about the rider only. what makes the road and adventure we are on is left behind. it makes for a "I do not see what is so special" story.

Like I said, I was just sent a link to BMWMOA where he has put a video out with his vision of the story..

Here is one of his quote. One of the many that are nothing but lies. manufactured, self centered lies

""On the Fort Chip ice road, I came around a corner and hit a dump truck stopped on the road - bear in mind you can't use brakes on the ice! The whole front end of my motorcycle shattered in the cold. We weren't far from our destination and I managed to limp in, but that night was the low point of the whole trip. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to ride, my bike was in pieces, and I was extremely sore. The next morning, I was in pain, but we got the bike fixed up with a lot of duct tape and ended up riding it another 4,000 kilometres to our destination!"

Well Mr.Lloyd! First! We were on a straight line.. Get it right. (Go to Reconnecting with Canada site and watch the webisode that shows it.) Mind you he might have taken it out. The reason why you hit that truck is because you did not do what you were supposed to do, or listened to people who know, and have the skills to do this. and you rode with yours not listening. and that is why you hit the damn truck; and could have easily killed yourself.

As you said in the real video. You were just about to pass between the stopped dump truck (The one you hit) and the incoming one. On ice! Brilliant. After throwing your little fit, I loaded the bike in the trailer. and you rode to Fort Chip in the X5.
Funny How you do not mention you did not even ride half the 10,000 kms because A) you could not. too cold, too tired too achy. or B) because I pulled you off the road as you were too often a danger to yourself and other road users. Yes! Riding the Alaska Highway in winter on a bike at 30 km/h is a danger! Anyway.. In Fort Chip I fixed the bike alone (You did not do a thing. Like you said you have no mechanical skills) and also solely because the locals and riders of the North of 60 Group were kind enough to lend us a shop. You have no mechanical skills ans ALL the work was performed by yours truly.
You can't even run a band saw. And you are welcome!
After listening to you whine to BMW that the trip was ruined and telling you flat out "NO" when asked if you could ride my bike. I got you back on the road.

Why didn't you mention that you did not ride the
500 kms leading to Dawson City.
The last 350 kms leading to Eagles Plains, more than half the leg between Fort Mc Murray and Fort Chip,
the leg between Fort Chip and Hay River and many others, you did not ride.
After reading your little story about the obviously manicured reality, I have to do something.
This was not about you or I. This was supposed to be about riders discovering the Great North and its culture and getting the viewers to experience these beautiful people and places from behind the riders' visors.
You made the whole thing about you and left all those who made this trip possible behind. From the helping restaurant owners to the locals in Hay River who braved the cold to leave us notes on our bikes at night.

By making this about you (A blatant lie) you let a lot of people down who had jumped onboard as sponsors to see something few see. Real facts.. Not reality shows. Real facts!!!

All you have showed now is that you are a fraud, an egotesticule person ( I wrote it this way because you obviously have none), and someone who will do all he can to get a buck.
If you had only showed the real thing. From me whining about highway 63 and its stupidly fast traffic to Fort MacMurray. Funny! This is where I live now, the North of 60 riders who hosted us; to you stopping on the side of the road outside Jasper because I told you to, because you would not listen Mr. Know it all Lloyd. I forced you to get dressed as instructed so you would not freeze to death like you were; (Remember when your wife had to dress you?); it would have been a great video showing the human and dramatic part of an adventure like this, which is what people wanted to see.
Remember when you came to me and said you wanted me to do this with you because it was crazy and that you could not, as you have/ had no experience and you told me that part of my job would be to tell you when to ride and when to get off the road as I could tell when it would be too dangerous for you and others?

Now all we have a remnant of a memory of something that was and could have been even greater. All we have is a video showing someone who has the presence of an amiba in front of the camera, and the winter riding skills of less than a beginner mixed with an ego the size of The North itself telling a story about him.. Too bad and Bo-ring.

I do not have the time or the resources you have, but I have slowly but surely been working on a video myself about what this really was. And from the reactions I have had so far from people who have seen it; it will be great. Not because of you or I. NO! Because it stars the two main characters that you failed to cast in your pathetic attempt. The TRUTH and the PEOPLE, showing what the Beautiful North is like in winter and why so many people dream of doing it..

Stay tuned
Oh! Joe??? ..................Never mind
paulmondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #245
soph9
Bike Addict

wow..as one says there are always to sides two a story...who knew you guys had a falling out but on a trip like this one no wonder you did especially when money and facts come into play. I would have liked to see more raw, uncut, unedited parts. I admit I watched the video but always thought you were getting a piece of the pie. Not sure what to think now but I am sorry you feel screwed. You are a great rider..I saw you one day at Pacific Motorsports in Richmond, BC. In the parking lot. Was going to go over to you and say hello but when I got out from the showroom after talking to Sheldon you were gone.

I hope you make a video and complete it. Would love to see it to be honest!

soph9 screwed with this post 06-09-2012 at 06:57 PM
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #246
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,373
I will buy this video when you finish it. This ride report is epic. Thank you.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
Open-Exporers----->A collection of travel blogs
RoninMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #247
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,598
Way to go Paul, the truth is out there...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #248
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 744
I may not believe in much, but I believe that things usually equal out. AKA karma. There's a lot to be said about laying your head on the pillow at night and knowing you didn't screw over your buddy or business partner or who ever.
I will also buy the video when it comes out. Keep us posted.
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #249
Enduro10
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Clothes

Interesting trip. What kind of clothes do you use to travel ? Boots, sox, underware, etc
Any electrical devices to warm you up ?
Very curious...
Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #250
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 400
You da' man! Just watched the trailer. Let it go. You did good! The world as you know is full of people like that.....and people like us! Wouldn't want to be them. On a lighter note, winter riding is not to be missed or discounted. I think over the last few years I've put more miles on in the winter than in the summer. Fort Good Hope this winter
Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #251
paulmondor OP
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
wow..as one says there are always to sides two a story...who knew you guys had a falling out but on a trip like this one no wonder you did especially when money and facts come into play. I would have liked to see more raw, uncut, unedited parts. I admit I watched the video but always thought you were getting a piece of the pie. Not sure what to think now but I am sorry you feel screwed. You are a great rider..I saw you one day at Pacific Motorsports in Richmond, BC. In the parking lot. Was going to go over to you and say hello but when I got out from the showroom after talking to Sheldon you were gone.

I hope you make a video and complete it. Would love to see it to be honest!
Hi! Thank you so much for the kudos... It is appreciated. One thing one learns when you deal with Curbsyde productions is that you get screwed with velvet gloves.
Like I said, I am Happy I did this personally. I learned a lot about me. But Looking back it would have been o much better if They had done it the way it was pitched to our sponsors. I do not know if you've watched videos of Joe and Flora. The stuff itself is well done no doubt. they know their tech. But in front of the camera they have to presence and personality of an Amiba..
Viewers would have been so much more interested if they had showed what was supposed ot be showed. The humans and human emotions, the challenges and the dramas. We had plenty of raw footage. Hundreds of hours. hundres of hours of great stuff.
By the way, i remember you. You and I chit chatted a couple of times. Last time I talked to you, you and your hubby were going on a great trip. How did that go??

Cheers
Old 06-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #252
paulmondor OP
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG View Post
You da' man! Just watched the trailer. Let it go. You did good! The world as you know is full of people like that.....and people like us! Wouldn't want to be them. On a lighter note, winter riding is not to be missed or discounted. I think over the last few years I've put more miles on in the winter than in the summer. Fort Good Hope this winter
You know what? Great advice.. I will let it go. I know, they know and those who met us along the way know.. I will work on my video/picture/slash interviews thing I am doing.. And when I am done I will put it online for all to see. No Charge. I wanted to share all we did from the beginning and that is what I will do. I am not waiting for this to live. But I am looking forward to people share and fel wht I felt when we were on the road..
I want them to feel like they are there. The only one can achieve this is that you put on film what you saw, what you felt and the people we were so blessed to meet along the way. Then anyone can fit themselves in and se wht it was like. No one wants to be in Joe's shoes or mine. They want to be out there as themselves. And that is what the original format was suppose to deliver..
Go watch this http://www.saanichnews.com/news/115679729.html
and you will see what I mean.. That was shot on the day of our launch. Before his Ego kicked in.

Thanks gys
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #253
soph9
Bike Addict

Paul we went to Alaska through BC and the Yukon last summer on board 2 borrowed Triumph Tiger XC from Triumph Canada. It was a great 44 days! Oh, and not hubby, partner Cheryl...
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #254
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmondor View Post
The only way one can achieve this is that you put on film what you saw, what you felt and the people we were so blessed to meet along the way. Then anyone can fit themselves in and see what it was like. No one wants to be in Joe's shoes or mine. They want to be out there as themselves. And that is what the original format was suppose to deliver..
Go watch this http://www.saanichnews.com/news/115679729.html
and you will see what I mean..
The intent seemed to be right on the money, it's a shame it diverged from that. Joe still has the raw footage....maybe with a little persuasion he or you could do a second cut? At least it would pay for the trailer and at best it would more suit the needs of the tourism sponsors?

Till we meet on the road my friend..........
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #255
paulmondor OP
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG View Post
The intent seemed to be right on the money, it's a shame it diverged from that. Joe still has the raw footage....maybe with a little persuasion he or you could do a second cut? At least it would pay for the trailer and at best it would more suit the needs of the tourism sponsors?

Till we meet on the road my friend..........
Actually, I have seen some of his latest work on this trip and it is even further from the truth.. All that his work showcases now, is him, him and oh yes-him..
The tourism sponsors as well as others are left out completely.I cannot in good faith even communicate with them.
I will follow the great advice above and move on. Obviously it is catching up to him.. Too bad, because as far as technical skills and know how, they are really great. And Flora can put out some serious stuff. She is THE wizard in the team.
I feel sad that so many people gave them/us so much stuff, time and resources and that they did not bother thanking them properly in the video.

Thanks again.